JD McCrary - Bio, Net Worth, Affair, Dating, Girlfriend, Lion King, Simba Voice, Age, Facts, Wiki, Parents, Singing, Height, Birthday, Shine, Father
JayDon McCrary professionally named as JD McCrary is an American singer, dancer, and actor. Currently, he is starring on Oprah Winfrey Network in The Paynes as Kenny Payne. He will also be the voice of young Simba in 2019's The Lion King. He is signed to Hollywood Records and released his first extended play Shine, in April 2019.
JD McCrary role in ‘The Lion King’
- JD stars as young Simba in the live-action remake. The Undefeated’s senior entertainment writer Kelley Carter sits down with 12-year-old actor JD McCrary to talk about his role as young Simba in the live-action remake of The Lion King, in theaters July 19.
- JD is also a recording artist who has released an EP, Shine, available now on all streaming platforms.
- Long before Beyonce and Donald Glover get to wear the crown of king and queen in the reboot of "The Lion King," there are two bright stars who take on the characters of the younger versions of Simba and Nala.
- JD McCrary and Shahadi Wright Joseph step into these iconic roles in the blockbuster film, which drops today nationwide.
- After he filmed "Lion King," McCrary worked on "Little," starring and produced by another young star, Marsai Martin.
Early Life of JD McCrary
JD McCrary was born on 18th July 2007 in California, the USA as JayDon McCrary. As of 2019, his age is 12. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is Mixed. His father name is James West McCrary and his mother name is Larisa McCrary. He also has a brother named Josh McCrary. His other early life details will be added soon. His religion is Christian.
Body Measurements of JD McCrary
JD McCrary has a slim body build with perfect height and weight. With his gorgeous smile, he attracts a lot of people toward him. Unfortunately, his height, weight, and other body measurements are unavailable yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body and he maintained his body a lot. We will add his body details quickly once we get information.
Career (Acting and Singing) of JD McCrary
- At the small age of 8, McCrary started his acting career on K.C. Undercover, where he appeared on two episodes.
- He later appeared on I'm Dying Up Here and Teachers as minor roles in the year 2017.
- He also stars in The Paynes on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
- He then co-starred in the Universal comedy film Little and will provide the voice of young Simba in a remake of the Disney film The Lion King in 2019.
- He said that "Donald Glover is so talented that [he] actually did have to take it into consideration because if Simba is going to grow up to be some sort of figure and you know of it, you have to keep that motive".
- He was cast to portray a young Michael Jackson in the BET series American Soul, which premiered on February 2019.
- He made a guest appearance on Childish Gambino's song "Terrified" in 2016.
- Later, he had live performances on Little Big Shots singing The Jackson 5's "I Want You Back", The Ellen Show singing "Who's Lovin' You", and the 60th Annual Grammy Awards to support Childish Gambino's "Terrified".
- He released his first official called a single "Inviting All of You" in January.
- On January 24, 2019, he released the first single after signing to the label called "Keep in Touch".
- He released his debut EP, Shine, which includes production from Jermaine Dupri and Bryan-Michael Cox on 19th April 2019.
Marital Status, Dating, Girlfriend
McCrary is an unmarried as he is only 12 years old. At present, he is assumed to be single as there are no rumors about his relationship. As of today, he is focusing on his career rather than sticking in a relationship. He is enjoying his single life happily without any disturbances.
Net Worth of McCrary
McCrary is a very young and talented actor as well as a singer. His career has paid him a lot of fortune and fame. As of 2019, his exact net worth and salary is unavailable and it is under review. But there is no doubt in the mind of his follower that his net worth will be surely in millions and he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his present work.