Jean Smart - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Children, Age, Family, Ethnicity, Facts, Height, Awards, Career, TV Shows, Wiki, Salary, Parents, Siblings, Sign
Jean Elizabeth Smart is an American actress who is professionally known as Jean Smart. She is well recognized for her appearances in films such as "The Brady Bunch Movie", "Sweet Home Alabama", "Garden State", "I Heart Huckabees", "Youth in Revolt", "The Accountant", "A Simple Favor", "Life Itself". As a theatre, she started her career appearing in regional theater throughout the Pacific Northwest including in Washington, Alaska, and Oregon. She has won three Primetime Emmy Awards, Critics' Choice TV Award, and nominated Drama Desk Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, Independent Spirit Awards. In 2021, She stars as the lead in the HBO Max dark comedy series "Hacks". She also voiced the character of Dr. Ann Possible on Disney's "Kim Possible" from 2002 to 2007 and guest-starred on the television program "$h".
- Being an American actress.
- For her appearances in films such as "The Brady Bunch Movie", "Sweet Home Alabama".
What Nationality is Jean Smart?
Jean Smart was born on 13th September 1951 with her real name Jean Elizabeth Smart in Seattle, Washington, the United States under the horoscope sign of Virgo. By nationality, she is American nationality and belongs to the mixed ethnic background of Scottish, English, Irish, and Welsh. Similarly, she is Christianity as per her religion and her race is white. Jean's present age is 70 which she celebrated back in 2021. Smart is the daughter of Kathleen Marie "Kay" (Mother), and Douglas Alexander Smart (Father), a teacher. She has three siblings. Her sister's name is Georgia Smart.
Regarding Jean's education, she attended Ballard High School and graduated in 1969. Later, she graduated from the University of Washington Professional Actors Training Program with a BFA. She is a member of the University of Washington chapter of the Alpha Delta Pi sorority.
What does Jean Smart do for a living?
- Jean Smart conceived her career starring in regional theater throughout the Pacific Northwest after which she was nominated for a Drama Desk Award for her performance in the Off-Broadway play "Last Summer at Bluefish Cove" in 1981.
- She appeared in a Broadway production of "Piaf" playing Marlene Dietrich in February 1981 and began working in television in several smaller to mid-size guest parts in the late 1970s and early 1980s.
- She was cast in the starring role of Charlene Frazier Stillfield on the comedy series "Designing Women" in 1985 and appeared in the family drama "Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey" (1993).
- She was cast as the lead in the comedy series "High Society" in 1995 whereas she was also seen as Lana Gardner in the critically acclaimed comedy series "Frasier" in 2000.
- Jean played in a Broadway revival production of "The Man Who Came to Dinner" and landed roles in several high-profile films including "Sweet Home Alabama" (2002), playing the mother-in-law of Reese Witherspoon, and in the comedy "Bringing Down The House" (2002).
- As well, she voiced Dr. Ann Possible in "Kim Possible" from 2002 to 2007 and was cast in a lead role in the short-lived "Center of the Universe".
- She also joined the cast of the Fox series "24" in January 2006 and later was cast as Hawaii Governor Pat Jameson during the first season of the CBS-TV remake of "Hawaii Five-0".
- She was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series for her role in "Harry's Law" in 2012.
- She had a role in the thriller "The Accountant" in 2016 and portrayed Laurie Juspeczyk in the HBO superhero drama limited series "Watchmen" in 2019.
- She also appeared in the seven-episode HBO crime drama limited series "Mare of Easttown" set in a small town in Pennsylvania in 2021.
- Also, Jean stars as the lead in the HBO Max dark comedy series "Hacks" (2021).
Awards and Achievements
- 2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2020- Primetime Emmy Awards for "Frasier", "The District", "24", "Samantha Who?", "Harry's Law", "Fargo", & "Watchmen"
- 2001 - Tony Award for "The Man Who Came to Dinner"
- 2007- Screen Actors Guild Award for "24"
- 2000- Independent Spirit Awards for "Guinevere"
- 1981- Drama Desk Award for "Last Summer at Bluefish Cove"
- 2016, 2020 - Critics' Choice Television Awards for "Fargo", "Watchmen"
Who is Jean Smart Husband?
Jean Smart is a married actress. She tied a knot with actor Richard Gilliland, whom she met while working on the set of Designing Women (he played J.D. Shackelford, the boyfriend of Annie Pott's character, Mary Jo Shively). They married on 7th June 1987. Together, the couple has two children: a son Connor Douglas (Born 1989), and a daughter Bonnie Kathleen (Adopted as a baby from China in May 2009). Concerning her sexual orientation, she is straight.
Furthermore, Smart's husband Richard Gilliland died unexpectedly on 18th March 2021, of a heart condition at 71. What's more, shortly after his death she had to film a scene set at a funeral for the "Hacks" season 1 finale which is dedicated in Gilliland's memory.
How much is Jean Smart Net Worth?
Jean Smart has a net worth of around $5 million as of 2022. She has also a fine amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. She acted in various high-profile movies, television, and performed on the BROADWAY & theatre. In addition, her major source of income is from her acting career. Jean earns almost a million dollars salary income. She is living a cool lifestyle at the present.
What is the Height of Jean Smart?
Jean Smart stands at the height of 5 feet 10 inches (1.78 m). She has a balanced weight of 58 Kg with a slim body builds. She has a pair of blue eyes color and her hair color is blonde. Further, her body measurement is 37-28-37 inches and used to wears 35 D bra sizes, 9 shoe sizes, 8 US dress sizes. Additionally, Jean was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when she was thirteen years old.
Trivias About Jean Smart You Need To Know.
- She appeared in the original cast of the Broadway show, "Piaf," 1979.
- Is a member of Alpha Delta Pi sorority.
- At age 13, she was diagnosed with diabetes.
- She graduated from Ballard High School in Seattle, Washington, in 1969.
- Her husband died on 18 March 2021.
- Her star sign is Virgo.