Jeanette Lee (Black Widow) - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Parents, Family, Nationality, Age, Height, Wiki, Health, Awards, Career, Facts, Kids
Jeanette Lee, who is better known by her nickname The Black Widow is an American former professional pool player, author, public speaker, entertainer, and philanthropist. Lee is one of the most successful billiards who went on to rank as the No. 1 female pool player in the world. Lee is credit with popularizing pool culture in the 1990s when she became one of the legends in pool. She rose to stardom when ESPN gave airtime to women's tournaments. She won numerous national as well as international titles and championships including a gold medal for the United States at the 2001 World Games. She was formerly ranked No. 1 in the World and Player of the Year by Billiards Digest and Pool as well as Billiards Magazine.
Lee has Scoliosis since her childhood. She has undergone 19 surgeries to fight the disease. However, the disease started affecting her performance, which eventually led Lee to retire from playing pool in 2010. She revealed in February 2021 that she was diagnosed with Stave IV ovarian cancer.
What is Jeanette Lee Famous For?
- Ranked No. 1 female pool players in the 1990s.
Where is Jeanette Lee From?
Jeanette Lee was born on 9 July 1971. Her birth name is Jeanette Lee. Her Korean name is Lee Jin-Hee. Her birth place is in Brooklyn, New York in the United States. She holds an American nationality. She has Korean ancestry. She belongs to Asian ethnicity and her religion is Christianity. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. Information about her parents and siblings is not available. Information about her educational background will be updated here.
Jeanette Lee Career
- Jeanette Lee started playing pool in 1989. She was in her late teenage when she started playing pool.
- She turned professional in 1991.
- She soon started winning tournaments. To date, she has won over 30 national and international titles.
- She finished runner-up at the World Nine-ball Championships in the women's category from 1993 to 1996.
- During the 1990s, she achieved the No. 1 rank among the female pool players in the world.
- In 1994, she was named WPBA Player of the Year.
- In 1998, she was honored with the Women's Professional Billiard Association (WPBA) Sportsperson of the Year Award.
- In 2001, she represented the United States at the 2001 World Games in Akita, Japan. She won the gold medal for the US.
- She won the ladies' US $25,000 winner-take-all Tournament of Champions in 1999. She later won the same championship in 2003.
- She challenged Efren Reyes to a race-to-13 exhibition match at nine-ball in Manila, the Philippines in 2001. However, she lost to Reyes 4-13.
- She pocketed 12 balls in one trick shot on Fox Sports Net's Sport Science on 30 March 2008.
- She was inducted into the Billiard Congress of America Hall of Fame in 2013. She is also an Asian Hall of Fame inductee.
- She is an author of the book, The Black Widow's Guide to Killer Pool: Become the Player to Beat.
Some of the titles Jeanette Lee won are:
- 2007 International Skins Billiard Championship
- 2007 Skins Billiards Champion
- 2007 World Team Cup Champion
- 2007 Empress Cup Champion
- 2005 China Invitational Champion
- 2004 BCA Open Champion
- 2004 Atlanta Women's Open
- 2004 ESPN Ultimate Challenge
- 2004 International Trick Shot Champion
- 2004 Women's Trick Shot World Champion
- 2004 WPBA Florida Classic Hard Rock Casino Champion
- 2003 Tournament of Champions Champion
- 2001 Gold Medalist for the United States in the World Games
- 1999 ESPN Ultimate Shootout
- 1999 ESPN Ladies' Tournament of Champions
- 1998 WPBA Penn Ray Classic
- 1998 WPBA Cuetec Cues Hawaii Classic
- 1997 WPBA Huebler Classic
- 1997 WPBA Olhausen Classic
- 1996 WPBA BCA Classic
- 1995 WPBA Olhausen Classic
- 1995 WPBA Brunswick Classic
- 1994 WPBA U.S. Open 9-Ball
- 1994 WPBA Baltimore Billiards Classic
- 1994 WPBA Kasson Classic
- 1994 WPBA San Francisco Classic
- 1994 WPBA Nationals
Jeanette Lee Husband and Children
Jeanette Lee is a single mother of her three daughters Cheyenne, Chloe, and Savannah. She was formerly married to a pool player, George Breedlove. They got married in 1996. Her marriage did not work out and she solely raised her children on her own.
She has scoliosis since childhood and has steel rods implanted in her back. Thus, she strongly supports those affected by scoliosis. She is also the national spokesperson for the Scoliosis Association. Her Scoliosis started getting worse over the years, which directly started affecting her game by 2010. She eventually had to step away from playing the pool.
Lee revealed in February 2021 that she has been diagnosed with Stage 4 ovarian cancer. A GoFundMe page has been started to support Lee. As per her GoFundMe page, she has undergone 19 surgeries to fight the disease. It is reported that doctors had told her that she has only a few months to a year left to live. She stated cancer spread unrecognized due to the pain from scoliosis. Lee has already started chemotherapy to fight cancer.
She lives in Indianapolis, Indiana with her family.
Jeanette Lee Height
Jeanette Lee stands at a height of 1.73 m i.e. 5 feet and 8 inches tall. She has a body weight of around 128 lbs i.e. 58 kg. She has a slim body build. Her eye color is dark brown and her hair color is black. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Jeanette Lee Net Worth
Jeanette Lee has made her fortune from her professional pool career. She is one of the most decorated pool players. She has won over 30 national and international pool championships in her career. She has won several championships worth good prize money. Due to her health issues, she retired from playing in 2010. Her net worth is estimated below $1 million.
Trivias About Jeanette Lee You Need To Know.
- She was nicknamed the Black Widow by her friends because, in spite of her sweet demeanor, she would "eat people alive" when she got to a pool table.
- She was ranked at No. 4 in Pool & Billiard Magazine's "Fans' Top 20 Favorite Players" poll in 2007.
- Billiards Digest named Lee one of the Most Powerful People in the Sport in 2001, 2003, 2005, and 2007.
- Orange County Choppers built the Black Widow Bike in Lee's honor on the TV show American Chopper.
- She was a contestant on Korea's Dancing with the Stars.
- She has a cameo appearance in the Disney film, The Other Sister.