Facts About Jeff Orlowski
|Celebrated Name||Jeff Orlowski|
|Age||37 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Jeff Orlowski|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Staten Island, New York|
|High School||Stuyvesant High School|
|Famous For||Famous as an American filmmaker|
|Best Known For||Known for his directed documentary "Chasing Ice"|
|Net Worth||$1.6 million|
Jeff Orlowski is an American filmmaker who is mostly known for both directing and producing the Emmy Award-winning documentary "Chasing Ice" which released in 2012. He debuted with the film "Geocaching: From the Web to the Woods" which released in 2006. His latest directed film "The Social Dilemma" released on September 9, 2020, on Netflix
Orlowski's directed and written Netflix movie "The Social Dilemma" explores the rise of social media and the damage it has caused to society. It also features interviews with former Google design ethicist and Center for Humane Technology co-founder Tristan Harris and his fellow Center for Humane Technology co-founder Aza Raskin. It also tells the story of a teenager's social media addiction. The movie already within a few days of release has got huge appreciation from the jury and has been loved by audiences.
What is Jeff Orlowski famous for?
- Famous as an American filmmaker
- Known for his directed documentary "Chasing Ice"
Where is Jeff Orlowski from?
Jeff Orlowski was born on February 18, 1984, in Staten Island, New York, United States. His birth name is Jeff Orlowski. American is his nationality. His ethnicty is White while Aquarius is his zodiac sign.
He was born to a White ethics family in New York. He was raised in his hometown, New York. He did his schooling from Stuyvesant High School. While in high school, he also worked as editor-in-chief of the student newspaper, The Spectator. After the attack of terrorists on 11th September 2001, his newspaper under his leadership issued a special 24-page 9/11 insert containing student photos, reflections, and stories. The magazine was distributed for free to the entire New York City.
Later at the age of 18, he moved to California where he attended Standford University to study anthropology. During his senior year, he joined environmental photographer James Balog's Extreme Ice Survey. The project was a time-lapse photography project done for monitoring glacier retreat around the world. After graduating, he continued to pursue his career in film making.
Jeff Orlowski's Career: Highlights
- Jeff Orlowski started his career in 2006 after releasing his first movie "Geocaching: From the Web to the Woods".
- He directed and produced this film while studying at the University.
- Then in 2007, he released his second short film "The Strange Case of Salman abd al Haaq".
- He rose to fame after releasing the documentary film "Chasing Ice" in 2012.
- This film is a documentary chronicling environmental photographer James Balog's quest to capture the environmental images.
- The film has won more than 40 awards including a 2014 Emmy Award for Outstanding Nature Programming; the Sundance Film Festival Excellence in Cinematography Award for U.S. Documentary.
- The film also was invited to screen at the White House, the United Nations, and the United States Congress.
- After the huge success from his film, he went on to produce movies like "Frame by Frame(2015)" and "Bad Kid(2013)".
- In the year 2017, he released another documentary film "Chasing Coral" on Netflix.
- The film is about a team of divers, scientists, and photographers around the world who document the disappearance of coral reefs.
- In 2017, the film won the Audience Award for U.S. Documentary at the Sundance Film Festival.
- He has also worked with Apple and National Geographic.
- Orlowski is also the founder of Exposure Labs which gears toward socially relevant filmmaking.
- His latest directed film "The Social Dilemma" got released on September 9, 2020, on Netflix. He is also the writer of the film along with Davis Coombe and Vicki Curtis.
Jeff Orlowski Wife
The American director and producer, Jeff Orlowski has not disclosed his personal life. He seems to be much more focused on his career than his personal life. He is an environment lover and loves adventure. His other personal details will be updated soon.
What is the net worth of Jeff Orlowski?
The American filmmaker, Jeff Orlowski has earned a good amount of money from his profession since debuting in 2006. He has an estimated net worth of $1.6 million as of 2020. His net worth includes all his property and his present earnings. At present, he is living a luxurious lifestyle with his earnings.
How tall is Jeff Orlowski?
The 36 years aged, Jeff Orlowski has a well-maintained body. He has a fair complexion with black hair and a pair of brown eyes. He stands at a height of 5ft 9 inches and has a bodyweight of 61kg.