Jelani Maraj - Bio, Nicki Minaj's Brother, Net Worth, Wife, Affair, Age, Facts, Wiki, Child Rape, Daughter, Sentenced, Family, Parents, Height, Case
Jelani Maraj is a Trinidad and Tobago-born convicted rapist and pedophile currently facing a potential 25-years-to-life prison sentence in New York, USA. His trial garnered widespread media attention as he is a brother of the rapper and pop singer Onika Tanya Maraj, who is better known by her stage name, Nicki Minaj.
By all accounts, he also found some success as an entrepreneur. He was the owner of the Ozone Park Daycare in Queens and was planning to set up another branch in New Jersey. In late 2015, He was arrested and charged with repeatedly raping an 11-year-old girl at his home in Long Island. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Jelani Maraj famous for?
- Being a brother of Nicki Minaj.
Who is Nicki Minaj? Everything need to know about Nicki Minaj Personal Life
Where is Jelani Maraj born?
Recalling his early life, Jelani Maraj was born in Saint James, Port of Spain, Trinidad, and Tobago to Robert and Carol Maraj. His father is of Dougla ancestry and has served as a financial executive and part-time gospel singer. His mother, of Afro-Trinidadian descent, sings gospel songs as well.
Similarly, He had a turbulent personality and would resort to violence whenever he got angry. He grew up with four siblings; sisters Maya, Onika, and Ming, and brother Micaiah. He is Spanish by nationality and belongs to black ethnicity. Further, His birth sign is Sagittarius.
Is Jelani Maraj married or not?
Reflecting on her personal life, Jelani was a married man. He was married to his long-time girlfriend Jacqueline Robinson at Coral Houses in Baldwin, New York on 2nd August 2015. The wedding was lavishing costing Nicki more than $300 thousand.
Why Jelani Miraj was arrested?
- In December 2015, it was reported that Maraj had been arrested in Nassau on the charges of raping a minor. He appeared before the court on 3rd December facing charges of first-degree rape and first-degree course of sexual misconduct against a child. The victim, his stepdaughter was 11 years old when the alleged crimes occurred. She was 12 years old when he was apprehended by the police.
- The judge ruled that he had to pay a $100,000 bail, which he did on 3rd December. The Nassau district attorney office initially refused to make any comment on the case, including on investigation, how old the child was, and how the authorities found out about the matter.
- During the trial, the girl provided an excruciating account of sexual assaults that she stated took place as often as four times a week and sometimes twice a day, mostly when her mother was at work. She informed the jury that he had dubbed her “his puppet”, adding that she could do nothing but comply with his wishes. Whenever she refused to do so, she was threatened and beaten. According to the prosecutors, they found his DNA on the girl’s pyjama pants.
- In November 2017, He was found guilty of the charges against him. He is potentially facing a 25-years-to-life prison sentence. He reportedly did not show any reaction when the verdict was read. His attorney, David Schwartz, stated that they were going to appeal. According to him, the rape allegations were devised by the girl’s mother to take $25 million in hush money from Nicki Minaj.
- While the prosecutors called the claim absurd, James R. Ray III, a civil attorney who served as the mother’s representative for a brief period, admitted in a testimony that while he did ask for $25 million from him after his arrest to settle a possible lawsuit, the mother did not know of it.
- In 2018, the Daily Mail TV newscaster and former NFL player Jesse Palmer did a piece on Minaj, claiming that she still supported her brother. Minaj subsequently took to social media to vehemently refute the claim and state that she was going to sue him.
- In 2018, following allegations of juror misconduct from the defense, the presiding judge ordered an inquiry into the matter. The allegations were originally made by an alternate juror who said that one juror stated that if Minaj did not come to testify in favor of her brother, then Maraj was guilty.
How much is Jelani Maraj 's worth?
Being a businessman, Jelani earns an impressive amount of money and salary from his profession but his source of income is yet to be disclosed. Based on some online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $10 million at present. However, his salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Jelani Maraj?
Observing his body statistics, Jelani stands a decent height and weight with black eyes and hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.