Facts About Jemima Kirke
|38 Years Old
|Actress , Painter , Director
|Place Of Birth
|Her role as Jessa Johansson in series, Girls
|Lola and Domino
|Rhode Island School of Design
|Saint Ann's School
|Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in art
|Debut Television Show/Series
|1.62 m (5 ft 4 in)
|123.5 lbs (56 kg)
|Alex Cameron (Ex-husband: Michael Mosberg)
|Michael Mosberg (2009-2016)
|Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn and East Hampton
|Source of Wealth
|Acting, directing, painting
|Around $3 million
Jemima Jo Kirke, popularly known as Jemima Kirke is an English-American artist, actress, and director. Kirke rose to prominence after she played Jessa Johansson on the HBO series, Girls. She has also starred in several other movies and tv shows, most notably in the Netflix series, Sex Education. As a director, she has directed several music videos for Alex Cameron.
What is Jemima Kirke Famous For?
- Her role as Jessa Johansson in the HBO series, Girls.
Where is Jemima Kirke From?
Jemima Kirke was born on 26 April 1985. Her birth place is in Westminster, London in England. She holds both English and American nationality. She was born to her father, Simon Kirke, and her mother, Lorraine Dellal. She has two sisters, Lola, and Domino. She belongs to the white ethnicity and her religion is Christianity. Her father is Christian and her mother is Jewish. Her zodiac sign is Taurus.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Saint Ann's School. She later attended the Rhode Island School of Design. She graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts, majoring in art in 2008. She held an exhibition titled "A Brief History" through Skylight Projects in 2011. She had a show at a Lower East Side Gallery between late 2017 and early 2018.
Jemima Kirke Career
- Jemima Kirke started her acting career with small roles in her friends' projects.
- She made her film debut with a supporting role in the 2010 comedy-drama film, Tiny Furniture.
- She was cast in the HBO series Girls in 2011.
- She played the character of Jessa Johansson in all six seasons of Girls.
- She later starred in films, Ava's Possessions, The Little Hours, Untogether, All These Small Moments, and Sylvie's Love.
- Jemima and her real-life sister Lola starred in the film, Untogether.
- She starred in the tv series Maniac, High Maintenance, and Sex Education.
- She has also starred in several music videos, "Wring It Out" by Rival Schools, "Gotta Get a Grip" by Mick Jagger, "Stranger's Kiss" by Alex Cameron, and "Dusk Till Dawn" by Zayn Malik.
- She made her directorial debut with her sister, Lola Kirke's music video, "Mama".
- She has directed several projects for her fiance, Alex Cameron.
- She will play an older writer Melissa in the Hulu series adaptation of Conversations with Friends. The series is set to premiere in 2022.
Who is Jemima Kirke Husband?
Jemima Kirke first married lawyer Michael Mosberg in 2009. They share two children together, a daughter, Rafaella, and a son, Memphis. The couple separated in 2016. She started dating Australian musician and singer-songwriter Alex Cameron in 2017. They are engaged at present.
She lives in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn, and East Hampton.
How Tall is Jemima Kirke?
Jemima Kirke stands around the height of 1.62 m i.e. 5 feet and 4 inches tall. She has a body weight of around 123.5 lbs i.e. 56 kg. She has a slim body build. Her eye color is blue and her hair color is blonde. She has small tattoos on her body.
Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Jemima Kirke Net Worth?
Jemima Kirke earns from her acting career. She has starred in several movies and tv shows. She has also starred in several music videos and directed some projects. She has also worked with several brands including Lonely lingerie, Scosha Woolridge Jewelry, Elliot Spring Campaign, and Maison Michel Paris Hats Autumn Winter 2016 collection. Summing up, the majority of her income comes from her entertainment career. Her net worth is estimated at around $3 million.
Trivias About Jemima Kirke You Need To Know.
- Her father Kirke is the former drummer of the rock bands, Bad Company, and Free.
- Her mother is the owner of the New York-based vintage boutique, Geminola.
- She is a cousin of curator Alexander Dellal, shoe designer Charlotte Olympia Dellal, and model/photographer Alice Dellal.
- Her maternal grandfather, Jack Dellal was a British businessman of Iraqi-Jewish descent, and her maternal grandmother, Zehava Helmer was an Israeli former stewardess.
- Jemima and her sisters were featured in a fashion piece in Teen Vogue.
- Emet Mihajlo has cited Kirke as an impactful inspiration.
- She did not receive any payment for her role in her debut film, Tiny Furniture.
- She had guest-voice roles in the series, Axe Cop, and The Simpsons.
- She partnered with the Center for Reproductive Rights to create a public service announcement to advance the future of reproductive healthcare in 2015.
- While a college student, she had an abortion without anesthesia as she could not afford it.
- She is close friends with Lena Dunham who she met while attending Saint Ann's School.