Facts About Jen Brister
|Celebrated Name||Jen Brister|
|Age||48 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Jennifer Brister|
|Profession||Comedian , Writer , Actress|
|Place Of Birth||Kingston-Upon-Thames, Greater London|
|High School||Ursuline High School|
|College / University||Richmond College|
|Net Worth||$1 Million - $5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry, Writing Career and Acting|
Jen Brister is a British stand-up comedian, writer, and actress who is known for performing internationally including at the Melbourne Comedy Festival in 2011 and 2014, at the Adelaide Festival in 2011 and 2012, as well as at the Edinburgh Festival. Also, she appeared at the 2006 Edinburgh Festival Fringe with her first show "Me, My Mum and I". Additionally, she has worked for BBC 6 Music as a stand-in presenter from 2007 to 2008. In 2016, she performed her "The Other One" at the Camden Fringe comedy festival, and in 2017 she performed it at Soho Theatre. She gave a TED talk at Brighton TEDx in 2018 titled "Changing the way we bring up our boys", addressing the cultural and gender norms taught to children. She also does her own podcast together with comedian Maureen Younger. As a writer, she contributed to Diva, g3, Standard Issue magazine, and The Huffington Post. In January 2022, she was a panelist on the BBC show "QI". Her comedy hero is Victoria Wood.
What is Jen Brister Known For?
- Being a stand-up comedian, writer, and actress.
- For her role in "Lair" (2021), "Lapse" (2022), and "Legalise It!" (2008).
- Being a regular guest on podcasts like The Guilty Feminist, Global Pillage, and Drunk Women Solving Crime.
What Nationality is Jen Brister?
Jen Brister was born on 1st February of the year 1975. Her place of birth is in Kingston-Upon-Thames, Greater London, England. Her full name is Jennifer Brister. Her nationality is British and her ethnicity is British-White. Her ethnicity is Mixed as she took birth to an English father and Spanish mother. She spent her early life with her three siblings; brothers. Her religion is Christian and his zodiac sign is Aquarius.
About her education, she went to all girls' Ursuline High School, Wimbledon. She then went on to Richmond College. After that, she studied drama at Middlesex University, London, where, in the mid-1990s, she took a course in stand-up comedy, the only one of its kind at the time in the UK.
Jen Brister Career Timeline
- Jen performed internationally including at the Melbourne Comedy Festival in 2011 and 2014, at the Adelaide Festival in 2011 and 2012, as well as numerous times at the Edinburgh Festival.
- After then, she started performing regularly at clubs around the UK including Banana Cabaret, The Comedy Store (London), the Glee Clubs, Frog & Bucket, and Up the Creek.
- Next, she toured the UK for the first time in 2018 with her show "Meaningless".
- She appeared at the 2006 Edinburgh Festival Fringe with her first show "Me, My Mum and I".
- Between the years 2007 and 2008, she worked for BBC 6 Music as a stand-in presenter.
- In the year 2008, she took a show to Edinburgh Fringe Festival called "Reception" with her comedy partner at the time, Clare Warde.
- Next, she appeared at the Edinburgh Fringe, again doing a stand-up show as well as appearing in a play called "The One and The Many" by Trevor Lock.
- She took her second solo show "British(ish)" to Melbourne, Adelaide, and Edinburgh festivals in 2011. Then, she performed her third solo show "Now and Then" in 2012 at the Adelaide and Edinburgh festivals.
- She took her fourth show "Wishful Thinking" in the year 2014.
- In the year 2016, she performed her fifth show "The Other One" at the Camden Fringe comedy festival, and in 2017 she performed it at Soho Theatre.
- She also performed at BBC "Two's Live at The Apollo" in the year 2017.
- After a year, she took her sixth show "Meaningless" to the Edinburgh festival, where she had a sell-out run. She then gave a TED talk at Brighton TEDx in 2018 titled "Changing the way we bring up our boys", addressing the cultural and gender norms taught to children.
- She was a panelist on 'Frankie Boyle's New World Order" on BBC Two in 2019 as well as a panelist on BBC Radio 4's "The News Quiz" in September 2018 and May 2019.
- She is a regular guest on podcasts like "The Guilty Feminist", "Global Pillage" and "Drunk Women Solving Crime".
- She also does her own podcast together with comedian Maureen Younger.
- She appeared on the TV panel show "Who Said That?" in May 2020.
- She was a panelist on the BBC show "Mock The Week" in November 2021.
- Moreover, she was a panelist on the BBC show "QI".
- As an author, her first book, "The Other Mother - A wickedly honest parenting tale for every kind of family", was published by Penguin in the year 2019.
- Moreover, she has contributed to Diva, g3, Standard Issue magazine, and The Huffington Post. She has also written for BBC Scotland.
- Her first role in a feature film was in the horror film "Lair", directed by Adam Ethan Crow.
Who is Jen Brister married to?
Jen Brister is married to her wife, Chloe Martin who is her long-term partner. She is also the mother of twin boys, born in September 2014. By profession, Chloe Martin is a comedic actress. At present, the couple is living their present life happily in Brighton. Her sexual orientation is lesbian. Details regarding their children's name and their married date are still to get revealed yet.
How much is Jen Brister's Net Worth?
Jen Brister is a talented stand-up comedian, writer as well as an actress who has made a cool amount of money from her professional work. The net worth of Jen Brister is estimated to be around in the range of between $1 Million - $5 Million as of 2022. Her exact salary is still to get disclosed yet but there is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she is making a cool amount of money from her work. Her main source of wealth is from the entertainment industry and writing career. Today, she is living a modest lifestyle from her earnings.
How tall is Jen Brister?
Jen Brister is a beautiful and charming lady who stands at the perfect height matching with his body weight. His other body measurement is still to get revealed yet. Overall, she has got a healthy body with a glowing face. She has short black hair and her eye color is brown. She is very conscious about her food intake.
Trivias About Jen Brister You Need To Know.
- Her birth name is Jennifer Brister.
- She was a panelist on the BBC show "QI" in 2022.
- Her ethnicity is Mixed as she took birth to English father and Spanish mother.
- She has three siblings.
- In the mid-1990s, she took a course in stand-up comedy, the only one of its kind at the time in the UK.