Jennifer Abel (Diver) - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Parents, Family, Partner, Nationality, Ethnicity, Age, Height, Wiki, Facts, Medal, Career
Jennifer Abel is a Canadian former diver. She won an Olympic bronze medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics in the 3 m synchro diving event with Emilie Heymans and a silver medal at the 2020 Summer Olympics in the same event with Melissa Citrini-Beaulieu. She is a four-time Commonwealth Games champion in the 1 m and 3 m synchronized springboard and is also a three-time Pan American Games champion in the 3 m springboard and 3 m synchronized springboard. Her ten medals (six silver, four bronze) at the FINA World Championships are a record for most medals by a Canadian in diving at the world championships.
What is Jennifer Abel Famous For?
- Being a Canadian former diver.
- Most medals were won by a Canadian in diving at the world championships.
Where is Jennifer Abel From?
Jennifer Abel was born on 23 August 1991. Her birthplace is Montreal, Quebec, Canada. She was born to her father Jacques-Andre Abel and her mother Sylvie Danis where she grew up with his brother Andy Abel. She holds Canadian nationality. She is of Haitian descent. Her religion is Christianity. Her horoscope sign is Virgo.
Jennifer Abel Career
- She started her diving career at the age of 5 and competed in her very first diving competitions at the age of 6.
- She made her senior international debut in 2006, at the FINA Grand Prix in Madrid where she won a silver medal on 10m synchro with Carol-Ann Ware.
- At the age of 16 in the 2008 Summer Olympics, she became one of Canada's youngest ever divers when she had her debut Olympics. Though failing to win a medal at the Olympic Games that year, she did achieve success together with partner Emilie Heymans on the Grand Prix circuit, winning several medals.
- She became the 2010 Commonwealth Games champion in both the 1 m springboard and the 3 m synchro springboard with Emilie Heymans, as well as holding a 2010 Commonwealth silver in the 3 m springboard.
- In 2011, she achieved a bronze medal and a silver medal from the world championships in the 3 m springboard and the 3 m synchro again with Heymans.
- At the 2011 Pan American Games, she went on to win silver with Heymans in the 3-metre synchro event. For the year 2011, Abel was named the Aquatic Federation of Canada's female athlete of the year.
- At the 2012 Summer Olympics, she won a bronze medal, with her partner Heymans in the 3 m springboard synchronized diving event.
- At the 2014 Commonwealth Games, she and her partner Pamela Ware won the silver medal in 3 m synchro springboard. She next competed in the 1 m springboard where she won the gold medal. She finished with a silver medal in the 3 m single springboard event, completing three medal games for her.
- At the 2016 Summer Olympics, she finished a frustrating fourth in both the solo and synchro 3 m springboard events. Following her disappointing results at the 2016 Olympics, she began competing with her new partner Melissa Citrini-Beaulieu.
- At the 2017 World Aquatics Championships, she and Melissa Citrini-Beaulieu partnered to a silver medal together in their first year in the women’s 3-metre synchro springboard event.
She also partnered with Francois Imbeau-Dulac in the mixed 3-metre synchro springboard where they won bronze.
- Individually, she also won a bronze medal at these Championships, diving to a bronze medal in the 3-metre springboard. With these three medals, she tied Alexandre Despatie for the most medals by a Canadian at the FINA World Championships.
- At the 2018 Commonwealth Games, she won the women's 3 m springboard event.
- At the 2020 Summer Olympics, she qualified to represent Canada.
- After the Tokyo Olympics, she officially announced her retirement.
Jennifer Abel Boyfriend
Looking at his personal life, Jennifer Abel is in a relationship with David Lemieux, former IBF middleweight boxing champion. Lemieux proposed to Abel on her return from the 2020 Summer Olympics and they are now engaged. The couple has one daughter. She has an intimate relationship with her love and daughter where they are living their life happily together.
Jennifer Abel Height and Weight
Jennifer Abel stands at a height of 1.60m i.e. 5 feet and 3 inches tall. She has a bodyweight of 59kg. She has an athletic body build. Her eye color is dark brown and her hair color is black. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Jennifer Abel Net Worth and Salary
Jennifer Abel is a retired Canadian diver. She has earned from her professional career as a diver. Her income was from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. As of 2021, her estimated net worth is about $1 million-$5 million.
Trivias About Jennifer Abel You Need To Know.
- She is of Haitian descent.
- She started her diving career at the age of 5.
- She won an Olympic bronze medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics in the 3 m synchro diving event with Emilie Heymans and a silver medal at the 2020 Summer Olympics in the same event with Melissa Citrini-Beaulieu.
- She is a four-time Commonwealth Games champion in the 1 m and 3 m synchronized springboard and is also a three-time Pan American Games champion in the 3 m springboard and 3 m synchronized springboard.
- Her ten medals (six silver, four bronze) at the FINA World Championships are a record for most medals by a Canadian in diving at the world championships.
- She is in a relationship with David Lemieux, former IBF middleweight boxing champion.