Jennifer Grey - Bio, Net Worth, Facts, Married, Husband, Daughter, Parents, Family, Age, Wiki, Height, Dancer, Plastic Surgery, Personal Life, Career
Jennifer Grey is an American actress who is known for her notable roles in the 1980s films Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Dirty Dancing. She was also the winner of Dancing with the Stars (season 11) in 2010. She has more than 150k followers on Twitter, more than 200k followers on Instagram, and more than 100k followers on Facebook. Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Jennifer Grey famous for?
- An American actress.
- Her roles in the 1980s films Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) and Dirty Dancing (1987).
Where does Jennifer Grey live?
Recalling her early life, Jennifer was born in Manhattan, New York, the U.S. to her parents, Joel Grey and Jo Wilder in the year 1960. Her father was an Academy Award-winning screen actor and her mother was a former actress and singer. Also, her grandfather, Mickey Katz was a comedian and musician. Similarly, she is of American nationality and belongs to Jewish ethnicity.
For education, she attended Dalton School where she studied dancing and acting. Then, she enrolled at Manhattan's Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre for two years of training as an actress after graduating in 1978.
When did Jennifer Grey begin her acting career?
- Moving towards her early life, Jennifer started her career through a commercial advertisement for soft drink brand Dr. Pepper at the age of 17.
- In 1984, she made her film debut with a minor role in ‘Reckless’. Later, she appeared a small role in the movie ‘The Cotton Club’.
- She also starred in war film Red Dawn’ that was released the same year. In 1985, she appeared in the movie ‘American Flyers’.
- In 1986, She portrayed the character of Jeanie Bueller in the comedy movie, ‘Ferris Bueller's Day Off,’ a movie that received much appreciation and recognition from the critics.
- Then, she appeared in a movie named milestone which brought her into the limelight. She starred in the drama film ‘Dirty Dancing’ in 1987. Also, Her performance earned her a nomination for the prestigious Golden Globe Award that year.
- In 1988, she lent her voice for the English version of science fiction and fantasy film ‘Gandahar’.
- The following year, she starred in the feature film titled ‘Bloodhounds of Broadway’, that is based on author Damon Runyon’s stories.
- In 1990-91, She played characters in television movies like ‘Murder in Mississippi’, ‘Criminal Justice’, ‘If the Shoe Fits’ and ‘Eyes of a Witness’.
- After that, She has made appearances in several popular television shows like ‘Friends’ (1995), ‘Fallen Angels’ (1995), ‘It's Like, You Know...’ (1999), ‘John from Cincinnati’ (2007), ‘Phineas and Ferb’ (2009), ‘The New Adventures of Old Christine’ (2009) and ‘House’ (2010).
- In 1995, she acted in the television movie ‘The West Side Waltz’ followed by feature film performances ‘Portraits of a Killer’ and ‘Lover’s Knot’ the next year.
- In 1998 she got the opportunity to be part of television movies ‘Outrage’ and ‘Since You’ve Been Gone’.
- In 2000, she portrayed the role of an airline employee in ‘Bounce’.
- In 2006, she acted in television movie ‘Road to Christmas’, starring along with her husband Clark Gregg.
- Then, She appeared in the martial arts movie ‘Red Belt’ in 2008 and independent drama film ‘Keith’.
- In 2010, She participated in the eleventh season of the dancing competition show ‘Dancing with the Stars’. She was the winner of that season.
- The following year, she has played the role of a replacement judge for the ninth season of the dance competition ‘Strictly Come Dancing’.
- She lent her voice for the English adaptation of the Japanese animated drama film ‘The Wind Rises’ in 2013.
- The following year, she was part of movies that received positive reviews from critics; paranormal romance feature film ‘In Your Eyes’, and comedy ‘Red Oaks’.
- She portrayed Judy Meyers on Red Oaks from 2014-17.
- In January 2017, She participated in the Los Angeles 2017 Women's March.
- Her other notable movies are Untogether (2018), Bittersweet Symphony (2019), The Conners (2020), and many more.
What are the achievements of Jennifer Grey?
Throughout her career, Jennifer hаѕ wоn thе ѕіgnіfісаnt numbеr оf аwаrdѕ аnd nоmіnаtіоnѕ. Ѕhе hаѕ wоn 6 nоmіnаtіоnѕ іnсludіng Gоldеn Glоbе Аwаrd nоmіnаtіоn. Ѕhе аlѕо wоn ‘Вrаvо Оttо Gеrmаnу’ аwаrd fоr thе bеѕt асtrеѕѕ. Моrеоvеr, іn 2010, ѕhе раrtісіраtеd іn thе 11th ѕеаѕоn оf ‘Dаnсіng wіth thе Ѕtаrѕ’ аnd bаggеd thе tіtlе tоо.
Who is Jennifer Grey married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Jennifer was married to Clark Gregg on 21st July 2001. Together, The couple shares a daughter named Stella, born on 03rd December 2001. Presently, she lives blissfully with her family in Venice, California.
Previously, she was in a romantic relationship with some celebrities such as George Stephanopoulos (1992), Johnny Depp (1989), William Baldwin (1988-91), Matthew Broderick (1987-88), and Michael J. Fox (1986).
What are the health issues of Jennifer Grey?
Jennifer Grey was in a car accident with then-boyfriend, Matthew Broderick in 1987. She was seriously injured while her Broderick was hospitalized. Sadly, the wheelchair-bound widow, Margaret Doherty, and her daughter, Anna Gallagher have died in this accident.
After the accident, She has several operations and screwed a titanium plate into her spine and later she chose to do surgery and change her face. She lived with the pain for 20 years and later she knows she has cancer. The X-rays found a cancerous growth in her thyroid. After that, she was hospitalized with a ruptured disc, but she battled on and won it.
How much is Jennifer Grey's worth?
Being an actress, Jennifer earns a decent amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $10 million at present. Also, she adds up her fortune from her directing and producing films.
How tall is Jennifer Grey?
Observing her body physics, Jennifer stands a height of 5 feet 3 inches and weighs around 59 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of hazel eyes and light brown hair colour. She used a 32B bra size, 7 (US) shoe size, and 4 (US) dress size. Further, her body measures around 34-24-32 inches.
Trivias About Jennifer Grey You Need To Know.
- She won the 11th season of Dancing with the Stars with her dance partner Derek Hough in November 2010.
- Her performance in dirty dancing earned her a Golden Globe Award her nomination.
- First professional job was a Dr pepper commercial.
- She is a cancer survivor and got a cancerous nodule removed from her neck in 2010 before it could spread. She is now 100% cancer-free.
- She underwent rhinoplasty in the early 1990s which altered her look considerably.