Facts About Jenny Agutter
|Celebrated Name||Jenny Agutter|
|Age||70 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Jennifer Ann Agutter|
|Place Of Birth||Taunton, Somerset|
|Father||Derek Brodie Agutter|
|School||Elmhurst Ballet School|
|Awards||Emmy Award and more|
|Children||1; Jonathan Agutter|
|Net Worth||$8 Million|
|Salary||Around $1 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Waist Size||27 in|
|Dress Size (Hips)||37 in|
|Dress Size (Bust)||6 US|
Jenny Agutter is a British actress who is known for appearing in "East of Sudan", "Star!", and two adaptations of "The Railway Children" - the BBC's 1968 television serial and the 1970 film version as a child actress. Next, she starred in the critically acclaimed film Walkabout and the TV film The Snow Goose. After that, she appeared in Logan's Run (1976), Amy (1981), An American Werewolf in London (1981), and Child's Play 2 (1990). Next, she was seen in films such as The Eagle Has Landed (1976), Equus (1977), and The Riddle of the Sands (1979). In 2012, she appeared in The Avengers and reprised her role in Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014).
What is Jenny Agutter Famous For?
- Being a British actress who has created a legacy for herself in movies, theatre, and TV.
- For her role in "East of Sudan", "The Railway Children", "Logan's Run", "Equus", "The Survivor", "An American Werewolf in London", and "The Avengers".
Who are Jenny Agutter Parents?
Jenny Agutter was born on 20th December 1952 with the birth name of Jennifer Ann Agutter. She was born in Taunton, Somerset, England. As a child, she lived in Singapore, Dhekelia (Cyprus), and Kuala Lumpur (Malaya). She s the daughter of Catherine Leyman and Derek Brodie Agutter. Her dad is an entertainment manager in the British Army. Her present age is 69 as of 2021. She is British by nationality and her ethnicity is Mixed. She was raised in Roman Catholic. She went to Elmhurst Ballet School, a boarding school that she attended from ages eight to sixteen.
Jenny Agutter Career Timeline
- Jenny began her career at the early age of 12 when she was cast as Asua in the drama movie "East of Sudan".
- She next went on to star as Ingrid Jensen in the TV series "The Magical World of Disney" (1966).
- After that, she came to television audiences as Kirsty in the twice-weekly BBC series "The Newcomers". In 1966, she portrayed a ballet pupil in Disney's film "Ballerina".
- Also, she was featured in the lavish big-budget 20th Century Fox film musical "Star!" in 1968.
- She then played Roberta in a BBC adaptation of The Railway Children (1968). She followed this with a more serious role in the thriller I Start Counting (1969) which was followed by The Snow Goose (1971), Walkabout (1971), The Eagle Has Landed (1976), Logan's Run (1976), Equus (1977), An American Werewolf in London (1981), The Survivor (1981), Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less (1990), Red Dwarf (1983) and Heartbeat (1983).
- She joined the "National Theatre" at the age of 21 to portray Miranda in a production of "The Tempest".
- In 1980, she starred in the lead role in a theatre adaptation of the play "Hedda Gabler". She also joined the "Royal Shakespeare Company" in 1982 and starred in "King Lear" and "Arden of Faversham".
- She starred in a third adaptation of The Railway Children in 2000.
- After that, she has had recurring roles in several television series including Spooks, The Invisibles, Monday Monday and The Alan Clark Diaries.
- In 2008, she also guest-starred in the Doctor Who audio drama The Bride of Peladon and played an outlawed scientist in The Minister of Chance.
- Next, she appeared as a member of the World Security Council in the blockbuster film The Avengers; she reprised her role in Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014).
- She played Sister Julienne in the BBC television drama series Call the Midwife (2012-2019).
Awards and Achievements
- Won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama for her role in the TV film The Snow Goose (1971).
- Won a BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role in the 1977 film Equus
- Nominated for an AACTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role in "The Survivor"
Who is Jenny Agutter married to?
Jenny Agutter is a married woman. She tied a knot with a Swedish hotelier, Johan Tham. They got married on August 4, 1990. They are still married and have a son named Jonathan Agutter (born December 25, 1990). Agutter lives in London, but has a keen interest in Cornwall and once owned a second home there on the Trelowarren Estate, in one of the parishes on the Lizard peninsula. She has worked in support of charities, in particular the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, of which she is a patron (she is also a carrier of the genetic mutation). She was appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2012 Birthday Honours, for her charitable services. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Jenny Agutter Net Worth?
Jenny Agutter is a successful actress who has appeared in several movies and TV shows. She has accumulated a net worth of $8 Million as of 2022. Her salary is around $1 Million. Her main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry and she is living a lavish lifestyle at present.
How tall is Jenny Agutter?
Jenny Agutter is a beautiful woman with a standing height of 1.70 m or 5 feet 7 inches. Her body weight consists of 53 Kg or 115 lbs. Her hair color is light brown and her eye color is green. Her waist size is 27 in, her hips size is 37 in and her dress size is 6 US.
Trivias About Jenny Agutter You Need To Know.
- She appears on the 1990 Prefab Sprout song "Wild Horses", speaking the words "I want to have you".
- In August 2014, Agutter was also one of 200 public figures who were signatories to a letter to The Guardian expressing their hope that Scotland would vote to remain part of the United Kingdom in September 2014's referendum on that issue.
- She supports several charitable causes, mostly in relation to cystic fibrosis, a condition from which her niece suffers, and was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2012 Birthday Honours for charitable services.
- She has Irish ancestry on her mother's side.