Jeremy Pope - Bio, Net Worth, Dating, Relationship, Partner, Family, Parents, Nationality, Age, Salary, Awards, Height, Facts, Wiki, Sexuality, Career
Versatile American Broadway theater performer, actor, and singer, Jeremy Pope is well recognized for being the sixth person in Tony Award history to be nominated in two categories for separate performances during the same year. Pope made his Broadway debut in 2018 in the play "Choir Boy". He starred in the Netflix miniseries "Hollywood" in 2019, which earned him a nomination for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie. Being a singer, he released his fourth independent single, a cover of Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" on 7th May 2020. Moreover, Jeremy can also be seen as Christopher in the television series, "Pose" in 2021. In honor of the 50th anniversary of the first LGBTQ Pride parade, Queerty named him among the fifty heroes "leading the nation toward equality, acceptance, and dignity for all people" in June 2020.
- Being an American Broadway theater performer, actor, and singer.
- For being the sixth person in Tony Award history to be nominated in two categories for separate performances during the same year.
What is the Ethnicity of Jeremy Pope?
Born on 9th July 1992, Jeremy Pope holds American nationality and he belongs to African-American ethnic background. He was conceived in Orlando, Florida, the U.S. to a Christian religious family. Pope's race is black and his zodiac sign is Cancer. His present age is 28 which he celebrated back in 2020 whereas he will be celebrating his 29th birthday in the July of 2021. Jeremy has not shared any details regarding his parents.
Talking about Pope's education, he attended Timber Creek High School and the American Musical and Dramatic Academy.
How was the Career of Jeremy Pope?
- Jeremy Pope began his acting career starring in "Choir Boy" in 2018, soon followed by a role in the musical "Ain't Too Proud".
- He then appeared in a lead role in Ryan Murphy's new Netflix series "Hollywood" in 2019.
- Similarly, he has starred in numerous TV series and films such as "Invisible Thread", "The Ranger", and "The View UpStairs".
- In 2020, he appeared as Jackie Wilson in the drama film, "One Night in Miami" whereas he also starred as Christopher in the TV series, "Pose" in 2021.
- Apart from acting, Jeremy released his first independent single, the self-written, acoustic pop-oriented "Wait For You," which also debuted as a YouTube video in 2015.
- He independently released his second single, the R&B-flavored "New Love," in 2018 as well as he released his third independent single, "Feel So Good" in the following year.
- He is also a principal soloist on Broadway cast recordings for "The View UpStairs" and "Ain't Too Proud: The Life and Times of the Temptations".
- Pope released his fourth independent single, a cover of Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" on 7th May 2020.
- Furthermore, in June 2020, in honor of the 50th anniversary of the first LGBTQ Pride parade, Queerty named him among the fifty heroes "leading the nation toward equality, acceptance, and dignity for all people".
- As recent news, Jeremy Pope and Gabrielle Union have been set to star in "The Inspection", a drama that will mark the narrative feature-film debut of filmmaker and photographer Elegance Bratton. He wrote and will direct the pic, an autobiographical tale that will be a co-production between A24 and "Passing" producer Gamechanger Films. It is set to begin production this summer.
Awards and Achievements
- Theatre World Award for his role in "Choir Boy"
- African-American Film Critics Association for his role in "Hollywood"
Is Jeremy Pope Gay?
Jeremy Pope is an unmarried guy. He is currently in a romantic relationship with model Benjamin Jonathan since 2018. He has not however spoken very daringly and openly about his relationship, but he definitely shows his affection whenever the two are together. Concerning his sexual orientation, he is gay. He explained in an interview with "Entertainment Weekly" how he related to playing the character Pharus Jonathan Young in Choir Boy because "he himself was growing up Black and gay.
How much is Jeremy Pope Net Worth?
The net worth of Jeremy Pope is estimated at around $700 thousand as of 2021. His exact salary amount has not been disclosed yet however we can surely assume his salary around thousands of dollars per year. In addition, his major source of income is from his Broadway theater performer, actor, and singer career.
How tall is Jeremy Pope?
The height of the handsome guy, Jeremy Pope is 5 ft 11½ in or 181.5 cm whereas his body weight is around 75 kg or 165.5 lbs. He has good-looking black hair and dark brown eyes color. He is average by body build. Pope has a dimpled smile and chiseled jawline which has attracted a lot of people towards him.
Trivias About Jeremy Pope You Need To Know.
- Pope has attended the American Musical and Dramatic Academy.
- He was nominated in two categories at the 2019 Tony Awards.
- He and actor Chase Stokes both attended the same high school.
- Pope credits his music aspirations to his early years of singing in church, as well as during theater productions and talent shows at school.
- He is a gay.