Facts About Jermaine Jenas
|Celebrated Name||Jermaine Jenas|
|Age||40 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Jermaine Anthony Jenas|
|Place Of Birth||Nottingham, England|
|Source of Wealth||Television presenter career|
|Salary||$368,453 per year|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Jermaine Anthony Jenas is an English television presenter, football pundit, and retired professional footballer who is excellently known as Jermaine Jenas. He has found success playing as a central midfielder for English club sides Nottingham Forest, Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa, and Queens Park Rangers, scoring a career total of 39 goals from 341 league appearances. He began playing internationally for England at the Under-16 level and was chosen to participate in the 2006 FIFA World Cup. Jenas came up through the youth system at Nottingham Forest and made his senior debut with the club in 2000. He was sold to Newcastle United for the 2002-2003 season when he received the PFA Young Player of the Year award. He also worked as an analyst for ITV Sport's coverage of the Europa League for the 2014-2015 season. As well, Jenas began co-presenting "The One Show" for the BBC in 2020 and he became one of its permanent hosts in 2021.
Jermaine Jenas has to present solo
Jermaine Jenas was forced to present the program, "The One Show" alone yesterday evening (Monday, 25th October) after co-host Alex Scott fell ill. Opening the latest episode on his own, he explained the situation to viewers. "Alex Scott should be with me but unfortunately, she's been hit, like so many, with that dreaded super cold so get well soon, Scotty," he said. "Can't wait to have you back!"
Jenas resumed his presenting duties on the show earlier this month, having taken a short break to welcome his third child with partner Ellie Penfold. "I basically do everything. I feed him, I... Nah, I'm joking," he laughed on his return, as Scott interjected: "I was going to say... No-one, and I mean no-one is going to believe you." "I took it too far," he smiled. "My wife would kill me. No, he's doing really well and he's sleeping. Thank God, he's doing great."
- Being an English television presenter, football pundit, and retired professional footballer.
- For playing as a central midfielder for English club sides Nottingham Forest, Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa, and Queens Park Rangers.
What is Jermaine Jenas Real Name?
Jermaine Jenas took birth on 18th February 1983 with the real name of Jermaine Anthony Jenas in Nottingham, England. He holds British nationality and belongs to mixed Afro-Caribbean ethnicity. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is black. Jenas has recently celebrated his 38th birthday in 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Aquarius. He is the son of his father, Dennis Genas, and his mother, Lynnette Sharpe. His father Dennis was born with the surname Genas but had it changed by deed poll as he wanted the initials "D. J.".
What does Jermaine Jenas do for a living?
- Jermaine Jenas kicks off his career at Nottingham Forest where he made his debut aged 17 on 7th January 2001, starting in a 1-0 home defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers in the FA Cup.
- He played his first league game as a starter and was replaced by David Freeman in the 68th minute of a 3-0 home defeat to Crystal Palace, his only other game of the season.
- He became a regular and scored his first senior goal on 18 August in a 2-1 defeat at Barnsley in the 2001-2002 season.
- Then he was sold to Newcastle United for £5 million in February 2002 after four goals in 33 games across all competitions.
- Jermaine joined Newcastle United from Nottingham Forest in 2002 where he became the second most expensive teenager in British football after Robbie Keane.
- After the 2001-2002 season he first experienced international tournament football, when, being in the England squad, he was involved in the U21 European Championships held in Switzerland.
- He played 12 games for Newcastle United in the 2001-2002 football season and Newcastle United qualified for the 2002-2003 Champions League.
- In his first full season with Newcastle, he won the 2002-2003 PFA Young Player of the Year award as well as he managed to play 32 games in the Premier League and scored 6 goals in the 2002-2003 season.
- In the 2003-2004 season Jenas played 31 Premier League games and scored 2 goals whereas he played 31 games Premier League games and scored one goal in the 2004-2005 season.
- In his first three seasons at Newcastle, Newcastle played in European football; twice in the Champions League, in seasons 2002-2003, 2003-2004, and twice in the UEFA Cup in seasons 2003-2004 after failing at a group stage in the Champions League, and for the 2004-2005 UEFA Cup his last season at Newcastle.
- He also won 14 of his 21 caps for England when with Newcastle United whereas Newcastle United accepted an offer of £7 million for him from Tottenham Hotspur on 31st August 2005.
- Jenas was subsequently sold to Tottenham Hotspur on transfer deadline day 31st August for an initial fee of £7 million where he netted seven goals from midfield as Tottenham qualified for the UEFA Cup. He marked his return from a 13-match absence through injury by scoring the second goal in Tottenham's 3-1 FA Cup fourth-round win over Southend United.
- He signed a new five-year deal with Tottenham on 29th August 2007, keeping him at the club until 2012.
- Also, he played in the 1-1 draw and the 5-1 victory over rivals Arsenal in both legs of the semi-finals of the League Cup, scoring the opening goals in both matches.
- Jenas added a one-year extension to his five-year contract at the end of July 2008, keeping him at Tottenham until 2013. A few days later, he was named as Spurs' new vice-captain following the departures of Robbie Keane and Paul Robinson.
- He made his 100th league appearance for Tottenham on 26th December against Fulham and scored the only goal in a 1-0 win over West Bromwich Albion.
Aston Villa loan
- Jenas joined Aston Villa on a season-long loan deal from Tottenham on 31st August 2011 and wore the number 8 shirt at Villa, the same number he had while at Spurs.
- He made his debut for Villa on 5th November, after a series of niggling injuries, coming on as a second-half substitute against Norwich City.
- Then he came on for his second appearance for Villa on 27th November against Swansea City, as a 69th-minute substitute for striker Emile Heskey.
- He started his first game for Villa against Manchester United on 3rd December however he tripped over his own feet and suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon injury in a game that saw him, Shay Given and Javier Hernandez all leave on stretchers.
- Later he returned to Tottenham following his surgery, being given the number 21 for the forthcoming 2012-2013 season and he signed a month-long emergency loan deal with former club Nottingham Forest on 28th September 2012.
- He scored the first goal of his loan spell away at Barnsley in a 4-1 win and on 1st November 2012, Forest announced that Jenas' loan had been extended until January.
Queens Park Rangers
- Queens Park Rangers signed Jenas on an 18-month contract for an undisclosed fee from Tottenham on the final day of the January 2013 transfer window.
- He scored his first goal for the club in a 3-1 home victory over Sunderland on 9th March and made a total of 12 appearances for his new club, but was unable to prevent them from being relegated with three games to go.
- He suffered a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) during a training session in April 2014 after making 28 appearances for QPR in the Championship which ruled him out for the rest of the season.
- He remained with QPR during his rehabilitation process although his contract expired at the end of the 2013-2014 season.
- Jermaine Jenas played for England from the under-15 level right up to the senior team, where he made his debut against Australia on 12th February 2003, under manager Sven-Goran Eriksson.
- He recovered sufficiently to be named in the 2006 FIFA World Cup squad but did not play at the tournament whereas his improvement at Spurs earned him a call-up to the England squad for Fabio Capello's first game in charge, a friendly against Switzerland at Wembley Stadium on 6th February 2008 where he scored the opening goal in the 40th minute as England won 2-1.
- In total, Jenas earned 21 caps at senior level, scoring one goal.
- Jermaine formally announced his retirement from football on 7th January 2016 on BBC Radio 4's Today program, having been unable to recover fully from his knee injury.
- Looking back on his career in 2014, he cited his PFA award and his League Cup win as his career highlights in terms of personal and team achievements respectively and detailed his biggest regret as never having been able to play for his boyhood club Nottingham Forest at the highest level.
- Jermaine Jenas became an analyst for ITV Sport's coverage of the 2014-2015 UEFA Europa League after which he joined BT Sport where he regularly features in the studio alongside other pundits to provide analysis on the game in November 2014.
- He also appeared as part of Channel 4's "Time Crashers" in 2015 and presented a BBC Three documentary in April 2017 on knife crime, focusing on his hometown of Nottingham.
- Jenas started co-presenting "The One Show" on BBC One with Alex Jones in 2020 and became one of its permanent hosts in 2021.
- Retired on 07/01/2016 at End of career
- Free-agent on 01/07/2014
- Queens Park Rangers on 31/01/2013 for free
- Tottenham on 01/01/2013 at the end of the loan
- Nottingham Forest on 27/09/2012 at loan
- Tottenham on 01/05/2012 at the end of the loan
- Aston Villa on 01/08/2011 for 1M € Loan
- Tottenham on 01/08/2005 for 15M €
- Newcastle United on 01/01/2002 for 7.5M €
- Nottingham Forest on 01/07/1999 From Nottingham U18
Awards and Achievements
- Football League Cup: 2007-2008
Queens Park Rangers
- Football League Championship play-offs: 2013-2014
- PFA Young Player of the Year: 2002-2003
Who is Jermaine Jenas Wife?
Jermaine Jenas is a married guy. He tied a knot with his beautiful wife Ellie Penfold in 2011. The pair is blessed with two daughters together, while Jenas has an older daughter from a previous relationship who lives in the United States with her mother. He now lives in Hertfordshire. Jermaine announced the birth of his son Jacob Anthony on 8th October 2021. Jenas and Ellie both seem extremely happy in their domestic life. Concerning Jermaine's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Jermaine Jenas Net Worth?
Jermaine Jenas has a net worth of $1,210,366 as of 2021 whereas he also earns a fine amount of salary which is also around $368,453 per year. He has endorsed the clothing retailer Jacamo from where he gains a considerable amount of money. Jermaine has accomplished heights in his career that normally take an individual a lifetime to achieve. In addition, his major source of income is from his television presenter career.
What is the Height of Jermaine Jenas?
Jermaine Jenas is a handsome guy who stands at an ideal height of 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m) with a perfect body weight of 71 kg. He has dark brown hair and eyes color. His physique combined with his perfect height and masculine look takes him to the top of the desired list in the young gen women. Furthermore, Jermaine's body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Jermaine Jenas You Need To Know.
- Jenas came up through the youth system at Nottingham Forest and made his senior debut with the club in 2000.
- He was sold to Newcastle United for the 2002-2003 season when he received the PFA Young Player of the Year award.
- He worked as an analyst for ITV Sport's coverage of Europa League for the 2014-2015 season.
- He was teammates with John Terry on the English squad at the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
- He began playing internationally for England at the Under-16 level and was chosen to participate in the 2006 FIFA World Cup.