Last updated on July 10th, 2023 at 09:59 pm
Facts About Jessica Betts
|Celebrated Name||Jessica Betts|
|Age||41 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Jessica Betts|
|Birth Name||Carol Denise Betts|
|Place Of Birth||South Side Chicago|
|Famous For||Being an American Rock & Soul singer|
|Best Known For||Being crowned in the Missy Elliott's UPN reality show, The Road to Stardom with Missy Elliott|
|Brothers||2;George Betts, Brandon Betts|
|Sisters||3; Tearra Betts, Bettina Ray Betts, Des O Betts|
|Husband||Niecy Nash (Actress)|
|Source of Wealth||Music Industry|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
Jessica Betts is an American inspirational Rock & Soul singer as well as a songwriter. In the year 2005, she won "Road to Stardom" and went on to be inducted as a BET Music Matters artist. Her hit song is "Catch Me". She began her singing career with a recording deal at Restless Records in the year 2000. She also released her debut album "You Can't Resist" with the recording label. Her grandmother was her primary inspiration for the reason to begin her singing career. She then earned her studio time with the Boyz II Men when she was only eighteen. Jessica Betts is also active in social media with more than 60K followers on her Instagram account and more than 6K followers on her Twitter account. Recently, she got married to her husband, Niecy Nash which was announced through Instagram.
Everything To Know About Jessica Betts
Actress Niecy Nash Married To Rock & Soul Musician Jessica Betts
"Claws" actress Niecy Nash and soul singer-songwriter Jessica Betts revealed Monday via social media that they had tied the knot. Betts captioned her Instagram post of the happy couple decked out in white, adding the hashtag #LoveWins. The wedding news took fans by surprise, essentially serving as a coming out for Nash, who has played queer characters before but never discussed her own identity publicly. Nash married her second husband, electrical engineer Jay Tucker, in 2011 and announced their divorce in October 2019. It was finalized in March. Nash is also known for her roles on "Reno 911!," "Mrs. America" and "When They See Us." In 2014, she played Dr. Jean Fishman, a lesbian doctor, on "The Mindy Project." Three years later, she talked to the LGBTQ+ newspaper Between the Lines about the role. In 2018, Betts posted an Instagram video of Nash singing her song "Catch Me" with Betts accompanying her on guitar. "This woman of God, I'm honored and blessed in her presence. She's anointed and appointed," Betts wrote in the caption.
- Being an American Rock & Soul singer.
- Being crowned in the Missy Elliott's UPN reality show, The Road to Stardom with Missy Elliott.
- Being the wife of Niecy Nash.
What is the Real Name of Jessica Betts?
Jessica Betts was born on 19th June 1982 in South Side Chicago, the USA. By nationality, she is an American and she belongs to African-American ethnicity. Her race is black and she is Christian by religion. Gemini is her Zodiac sign. As of 2020, she celebrated her 38th birthday. She was born to her parents; father and her mother, Brenda. Her mother Brenda left this world on 21st October 2009. She also has five siblings; George Betts, Brandon Betts (brothers) and Tearra Betts, Bettina Ray Betts, Des O Betts (sisters). Regarding her grandparents, they are still alive. Recently, her grandparents celebrated their 71st Anniversary as of February 2020. Her grandmother served as a pastor at a church.
How was the Career of Jessica Betts?
- Initially, Jessica began her singing career with a recording deal at Restless Records in the year 2000.
- With the record label, she released her debut album "You Can't Resist".
- After that, the album's lead single "Get Up" picked up to be featured in the hit movie "Big Mama".
- Later, the recording deal was ended in the year 2005.
- She also won the Missy Elliott's UPN reality show, The Road to Stardom with Missy Elliott.
- She then performed "Killing Me Softly" during a Missy Elliott and Busta Rhymes concert in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Her next album was set to be released in February 2007 which features production from Timbaland, Vidal & Dre, Walter Millsap, Missy Elliott, 9th Wonder, Warryn Campbell, Brian Michael Cox, Mike City, Nisan Stewart, and The Avila Brothers (of Usher/Toni Braxton fame).
- She is also promoting her #LLcoolJess mix EP which was released in June 2014.
- What's more, she was inducted into the showcase of BET Music Matters artists in the year 2011.
- Moreover, she closed the BET Honors pre-show in February of 2014 and opened the Mid-Atlantic 'Rebellious Soul' tour in the year 2013.
- As of June 2015, she released "LLCoolJess" full EP followed by "Earthquake" in May 2016.
- Not only this but also she released her solo album "Jessie Pearl" in Japan which was her international debut.
Who is Jessica Betts married to?
Jessica Betts is a recently married woman. Regarding her sexual orientation, she is openly lesbian. On 31st August 2020, Jessica Betts married her longtime girlfriend, Niecy Nash whose real name/full name is 'Carol Denise Betts'. Their wedding happened below a tree which was decorated with roses of different colors. The two met a while back when Bett sang at Niecy's previous wedding in 2011. They met again in June 2018 on the set Claws and two months later, Betts posted a video where she was singing to the star at her wedding to Tucker: "This woman of God, I'm honored and blessed in her presence. She's anointed and appointed. She singin my tune.' In February, Betts shared a topless photo of Niecy to Instagram to wish her a happy birthday. 'Happy Birthday to a Real One,' said the songbird. Niecy Nash is an actress by profession. This is the first time Niecy, who is a supporter of the LGBTQ community, has shared that she has been romantically linked to Jessica. On Monday (31st August), Niecy surprised her followers when she shared a photo from her nuptials to artist Jessica Betts. She captioned the picture of the ceremony, "Mrs. Carol Denise Betts. @jessicabettsmusic #LoveWins." Betts also posted on Instagram, writing, "Got a whole Wife @niecynash1 #Bettsofbothworlds #LoveWins." In the picture, which the couple shared to their respective Instagram accounts, Nash, 50, is wearing a white mermaid style bridal gown as she holds up her bouquet in one hand. Betts is dressed in a white suit but ditched the jacket in favor of a more casual look. Nash acknowledged that her wedding comes as a shock to many of her followers, writing on her Instagram Story, "#PlotTwist."
Talking about the past relationship of Jessica Betts, there are no rumors about her relationship/affairs/boyfriend. On the contrary, Niecy Nash was married previously to Jay Tucker in 2011. Their divorce was finalized in March. The two reportedly had difficulties in their marriage which began due to Nash's full-body cosmetic surgery makeover and her 'extreme career ambitions.' They had also been living in different cities. In her property settlement, she got their house in Bell Canyon, CA, and the 2016 Tesla. She was also married to Don Nash previously who is a pastor. The duo married in 1994 and separated in 2007. With him, Niecy has three kids.
What is the Net Worth of Jessica Betts?
Jessica Betts is a famous singer who has won the hearts of many people through her songs and albums. She has made a huge amount of money from her singing career. Her major source of earnings is from the music industry which includes albums sales, mixtapes, singles, concerts, and more. As of 2020, the net worth of this famous singer is estimated to have US$200K. Without a doubt, she is surely receiving a considerable amount of salary from her present work. She is living a cool lifestyle from her earnings.
How tall is Jessica Betts?
Jessica Betts is a very beautiful singer with a tall height of 5 ft 6 in or 1.67 m. Her balanced weight consists of 58 Kg or 127 lbs. She wears two gold chains while performing. She has also pierced her ear log and has tattooed on her body including the right side of her back part. Her other body measurements are still be revealed yet. Overall, she has got a healthy body and she maintains her body a lot.
Trivias About Jessica Betts You Need To Know.
- In the year 2005, she won "Road to Stardom" and went on to be inducted as a BET Music Matters artist.
- Her hit song is "Catch Me".
- She began her singing career with a recording deal at Restless Records in the year 2000.
- Her real name/full name is Carol Denise Betts.
- Her mother Brenda left this world on 21st October 2009.