Jessica Chastain - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Husband, Kids, Awards, Parents
Jessica Chastain is an American actress and producer. She is famous for her roles in films with feminist themes. In 1998, she made her professional stage debut as Shakespeare's Juliet and she made her debut film in the 2008 American drama film, "Jolene". Her most critically acclaimed and commercially successful films are Take Shelter (2011), Coriolanus (2011), The Tree of Life (2011), The Help (2011), Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (2012), Zero Dark Thirty (2012), Mama (2013), Interstellar (2014), A Most Violent Year (2014), The Martian (2015), Miss Sloane (2016), Molly's Game (2017), and It Chapter Two (2019). Among her stage roles, she has appeared in a Broadway revival of The Heiress in 2012. She won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture Drama for "Zero Dark Thirty". What's more, she is the founder of the production company "Freckle Films" Jessica is hugely active on social media such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. She has more than 3.6 million followers on her Instagram account under the head @jessicachastain and more than 827K followers on her Twitter account @jes_chastain.
Jessica Chastain in 'Eyes Of Tammy Faye'
Jessica Chastain and Andrew Garfield star as notorious televangelists Tammy Faye and Jim Bakker in the forthcoming biopic, due out in September. Jessica looks poised to make a third bid for Oscar glory when she returns to the big screen as Tammy Faye Bakker this September. Searchlight Pictures has released the trailer for "The Eyes of Tammy Faye". The trailer gives viewers a sneak peek into the brightly colored world of Jim and Tammy, but things begin to go south when financial improprieties, a sex scandal, and rivals break up their marriage - and their empire. As the trailer progresses and the Bakkers grow older, Chastain and Garfield become nearly unrecognizable, showing off the hair and makeup department's skills. In addition to Garfield and Chastain, "The Eyes of Tammy Faye" also stars Vincent D'Onofrio, Sam Jaeger, Cherry Jones, Fredric Lehne, Louis Cancelmi, Joe Ando-Hirsh, Randy Havens, and Gabriel Olds.
- Being an American actress and producer.
- For her act in various films such as "Zero Dark Thirty", "The Help", "Take Shelter" and "The Tree of Life".
What is the Ethnicity of Jessica Chastain?
On 24th March 1977, Jessica Chastain was born in Sonoma, California, the USA. Her birth name is Jessica Michelle Chastain. About her nationality, she is American and her ethnic background is Mixed of French, Dutch, English, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Basque, Castilian/Spanish, Greek, English, and German. She is the daughter of her mother, Jerri Renee Hastey, and her father, Michael Monasterio. Her parents were both teenagers when she was born. Her mother is a vegan chef and her father was a rock musician. Her father died of complications from bronchitis on February 5, 2013. He was aged 55 at the time of death. She has four siblings; two brothers and two sisters. Her younger sister, Juliet Chastain who died by committing suicide in 2003. She was raised by her mother and stepfather, Michael Hastey, a firefighter. She has said that her stepfather was the first person to make her feel secure. Her Zodiac sign is Aries and her religion is Christian. Jessica's present age is 45 as of 2022.
Concerning her education, Jessica attended and graduated from El Camino High School in Sacramento in the year 1995. She then enrolled in Sacramento City College. From 1996 to 1997, she served as a member of the debate team in the college. Later, she got a scholarship from Robin Williams (stand-up comedian, actor, and voice actor), which made it possible to attend the Juilliard School, New York City from 1999 until 2003. She graduated from it with a Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) degree in 2003. Additionally, she attended Juilliard School as a member of the Drama Division’s Group 32.
How was the Career of Jessica Chastain?
- Initially, Jessica Chastain developed an interest in acting at the age of seven after her grandmother took her to a production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat".
- She made her professional stage debut as Juliet in a production of "Romeo and Juliet" staged by TheatreWorks, a company in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- She made her TV debut in The WB network's 2004 pilot remake of the 1960s gothic soap opera "Dark Shadows" as Carolyn Stoddard.
- She appeared as a guest performer on the medical drama series "ER".
- After then, she appeared in TV series such as "Veronica Mars" in 2004, "Close to Home" in 2006, Blackbeard (2006), and "Law & Order: Trial by Jury" (2005-2006).
- In the year 2004, she starred Anya in a Williamstown Theatre Festival production of Anton Chekhov’s play "The Cherry Orchard" along with Michelle Williams.
- Jessica made her film debut in 2008 as the title character in Dan Ireland's drama "Jolene".
- In 2009, she had a minor role in "Stolen" (2009), a mystery-thriller film.
- She next starred dramatic thriller "The Debt" in 2010 and appeared as Mary Debenham in an episode of the British television series "Agatha Christie's Poirot".
- In the year 2011, she rose to fame appearing in Jeff Nichols' "Take Shelter".
- Her next role was opposite Brad Pitt, in Terrence Malick's experimental drama "The Tree of Life".
- Her biggest success of the year came with the drama "The Help", co-starring Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer, and Emma Stone,
- Her final two roles of the year 2011 were in "Wilde Salomé" and "Texas Killing Fields".
- In 2012, she appeared in two films, "Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted" and the crime drama "Lawless".
- She had also filmed in Terrence Malick's "To the Wonder" (2012).
- Then, she made her Broadway debut in a revival of the 1947 play "The Heiress" as Catherine Sloper. Her final film of the year 2012 was "Zero Dark".
- Her next role was in the horror film "Mama" in 2013. In the same year, she appeared in the drama "The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby".
- In 2014, she appeared in "Miss Julie", Christopher Nolan's science fiction film "Interstellar" and "A Most Violent Year".
- Her first film of the year 2015 was in the science fiction film "The Martian". Moreover, she appeared in the fantasy film "The Huntsman: Winter's War" (2016).
- Also, she starred as the title character, a lobbyist, in the political thriller "Miss Sloane".
- She began 2017 by serving as the executive producer and providing the narration for "I Am Jane Doe", a documentary on sex trafficking.
- She next starred in two projects directed by women - Niki Caro's "The Zookeeper's Wife" and Susanna White's "Woman Walks Ahead".
- She portrayed Molly Bloom in Aaron Sorkin's directorial debut, "Molly's Game" (2017).
- In the year 2018, she hosted an episode of "Saturday Night Live" and voiced the virtual reality production "Spheres: Songs of Spacetime".
- She next appeared in the role of an evil alien in the superhero film "Dark Phoenix" (2019) which marked the twelfth installment in the X-Men film series.
- She played the adult Beverly Marsh in "It Chapter Two", a sequel to the 2017 horror film "It".
- Jessica next starred in and produced the action film "Ava" in 2020 which is written and initially set to be directed by Matthew Newton.
- She was set to make her West End debut in 2020 with an adaptation of Henrik Ibsen's play "A Doll's House" but due to COVID-19 Pandemic, it was postponed.
- She will star as the televangelist Tammy Faye and Jim Bakker, respectively, in the drama "The Eyes of Tammy Faye" alongside Andrew Garfield. Also, she will reunite with Ralph Fiennes in "The Forgive".
- She will star alongside Eddie Redmayne in "The Good Nurse". As a producer, she will reunite with Octavia Spencer in a comedy film.
- She will also serve as executive producer for an adaptation of Alice Feeney's thriller novel "His & Hers".
Awards and Achievements
Jessica Chastain is a very talented and successful actress. She has been nominated for two Academy Awards, Best Supporting Actress for The Help and Best Actress for Zero Dark Thirty. She won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama for Zero Dark Thirty and has been nominated four more times: Best Actress in a Drama for Miss Sloane and Molly's Game; and Best Supporting Actress, for The Help and A Most Violent Year.
Jessica Chastain wins best actress Oscar for 'The Eyes of Tammy Faye'
Jessica Chastain won the Academy Award on Sunday for best lead actress for her mascara-laden title role as the on-air preaching partner and wife of Christian televangelist Jim Bakker in "The Eyes of Tammy Faye," chronicling the couple's rise and fall. Jessica virtually unrecognizable in heavy makeup as Tammy Faye Bakker, followed a Screen Actors Guild Award for her performance and capped the third Academy Award nomination of her career. She was previously nominated for an Oscar for her 2012 portrayal of a CIA analyst on the hunt of Osama Bin Laden in "Zero Dark Thirty" and her 2011 supporting role as a Southern socialite in the 1960s racial drama "The Help."
What is the Net Worth of Jessica Chastain?
Award-winning actress, Jessica Chastain has made a huge amount of money from her work as an actress and producer. As of 2022, the net worth of Jessica is estimated to have $76 Million. Jessica Chastain got $700,000 for her role in Woman Walks Ahead. "The Help" earned $216 million at the box office to become Chastain's most widely seen film to that point. With a worldwide gross of $747 million, the film "Madagascar" ranks as her highest-grossing release. The film "Interstellar" grossed over $701 million worldwide to emerge as Chastain's highest-grossing live-action film. The Martian became her second film to gross over $600 million in two consecutive years. She also became the face of Yves Saint Laurent's new women’s fragrance, Manifesto in 2012. She used this spicy Opium perfume at 12 when an aunt gave her a half-used bottle of the scent. She is also an investor for Beyond Meat, a meat substitutes company. Her exact salary is more than $5 Million at present. Her main source of wealth comes from an acting career and she is living a lavish lifestyle today.
Who is Jessica Chastain Husband?
Married woman, Jessica Chastain tied the knot to her longtime boyfriend, Gian Luca Passi De Preposulo. Their wedding date is 10th June 2017, in Italy. By profession, Gian is an Italian count of the Passi de Preposulo noble family, who is an executive for the fashion brand Moncler. The duo began dating in the year 2012. In the year 2018, the couple welcomed their first child, a daughter named Giulietta via surrogacy. In March 2020, the duo again welcomed their second child. As of now, the duo is residing in New York City. Their bond is going strong with the passage of time.
Back then, in the 2000s, Jessica was in a long-term relationship with writer-director, Ned Benson that ended in the year 2010. There were also rumors regarding her relationship with Tom Hiddleston in 2013 and Megan Ellison in 2011.
Chastain is an animal lover and has adopted a rescue dog. She is an animal lover and has adopted a rescue dog.
How tall is Jessica Chastain?
Jessica Chastain is a gorgeous actress who has a slim body build. She stands tall at a height of 5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm. Her balanced body weight consists of 56 Kg or 123.5 Pounds. She has a pair of gorgeous green eyes and her hair color is red. Her body measurement is 36-25-35 in or 91.5-63.5-89 cm and her dress size is 8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK). She wears a shoe size of 7 (US) or 37.5 (EU) or 4.5 (UK). She is a vegan and is following a vegetarian diet for many years. She prefers to eat vegan ice cream and has a strict well-calculated diet. She frequently does exercises to keep herself fit and fine.
Trivias About Jessica Chastain You Need To Know.
- Jessica Chastain is famous for her roles in films with feminist themes.
- In 1998, she made her professional stage debut as Shakespeare's Juliet.
- She made her debut film in the 2008 American drama film, "Jolene".
- Her ethnic background is Mixed of French, Dutch, English, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Basque, Castilian/Spanish, Greek, English, and German.
- Her parents were both teenagers when she was born.
- Her mother is a vegan chef and her father was a rock musician.
- Her Zodiac sign is Aries.
- She was ranked #32 on Ask Men's list of Top 99 Women of 2014.
- She was ranked at #23 on Empire's The 100 Sexiest Movie Stars list in 2013.
- She was named one of the "The Top 10 Style Stars of the Year" by People magazine in 2013.
- She is a vegan and was named PETA's 2012 sexiest vegetarian (June 28, 2012).
- She owns a three-legged dog named Chaplin.