Facts About Jhulan Goswami
|Celebrated Name||Jhulan Goswami|
|Age||40 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Jhulan Nishit Goswami|
|Place Of Birth||Chakdaha, West Bengal, India|
|Source of Wealth||Cricket career|
|Net Worth||7.3 crore Indian Rupees|
|Height||74 kg or 163 lbs|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Body Measurement||34-30-34 inches|
|Links||Instagram Twitter Wikipedia|
Jhulan Nishit Goswami, professionally known as Jhulan Goswami is an Indian international cricketer and the former captain of the Indian national women's cricket team. She is an all-rounder for the Indian national women's cricket team, named ICC Women's Player of the Year in 2007. She started to take interest in cricket when she watched the 1992 Cricket World Cup on TV. She took further interest in the sport after watching Australian batter Belinda Clark in the 1997 Women's Cricket World Cup. She made her Test debut in January 2002 against England and earned the distinction of being the fastest female bowler in the world as well as one of the fastest bowlers in the history of women's cricket. She also won the ICC Women's Player of the Year award in 2007 and the M.A. Chidambaram Trophy for Best Women's Cricketer in 2011. In January 2016, she was ranked first in the ICC Women's ODI bowling rankings. She became the first bowler to take 200 wickets in WODIs in February 2018, against South Africa. Later, Goswami announced her retirement from WT20Is in August 2018. Jhulan is also a social media user as she has gained more than 123k followers on her Instagram and over 56.5K followers on her Twitter account. Additionally, she was named to India's team for the 2022 Women's Cricket World Cup in New Zealand in January 2022.
What is Jhulan Goswami Famous For?
- Being an Indian international cricketer and the former captain of India national women's cricket team.
- For being one of the fastest bowlers in the history of women's cricket.
What Nationality is Jhulan Goswami?
Jhulan Goswami took birth on 25th November 1982 with the real name of Jhulan Nishit Goswami in Chakdaha, West Bengal, India. She holds Indian nationality and Asian ethnicity. Likewise, her religion is Hinduism and her race is black. Jhulan has celebrated her 39th birthday as of 2021 and as per her birth date, her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. She is the daughter of her father, Nishit Goswami, and her mother, Jharna Goswami. She has two siblings named Kunal Goswami (Younger Brother), Jhumpa (Younger Sister).
Jhulan Goswami Career Timeline
- Jhulan Goswami jumps off her cricket career in the Bengal women's cricket team where she made her international debut in 2002 in a one-day International Match against England in Chennai at the age of 19. Her Test debut came on 14th January 2002 against England in Lucknow.
- She then along with Mithali Raj guided the Indian Women's Cricket team to the first Test series win England in the 2006-2007 season as well as she helped the Indian Women Cricket team to get their first victory against England, making a fifty as a night watchman in the first Test at Leicester and taking her career-best match figures of 10 for 78-5 for 33 and 5 for 45 - in the second test at Taunton.
- Goswami was also a member of the Asian squad in the Afro-Asia tournament in India and also won the ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year in 2007.
- As well, in 2008, she took over the captaincy from Mithali Raj and held till 2011 and became the fourth woman to reach 100 wickets in ODIs at Asia Cup in 2008.
- She led India in 25 ODIs and she was awarded the Arjun Award in 2010 as well as in 2012 Jhulan became the second Indian women cricketer to receive Padma Shri after Diana Edulji.
- She has 40 Test wickets in her name in 10 matches whereas overall she has 271 international wickets in 223 games and has scored 1593 runs with three 50s. She is the highest wicket-taker in WODIs going past Australian Cathryn Fitzpatrick's record of 180 wickets.
- Jhulan became the first woman cricketer to reach 200 wickets in one day of cricket on 7th February 2018. She has 200 wickets in 166 matches at an average of 21.76 with two 5 wickets and 4 four wickets haul. In ODIs, she has 995 runs in 166 matches.
- Goswami also became the leading wicket-taker in ODIs in May 2017 when she took her 181st wicket against South Africa at PUK Oval, Potchefstroom.
- She was part of the Indian team to reach the final of the 2017 Women's Cricket World Cup where the team lost to England by nine runs.
- Goswami said on 19th September 2017 that a biopic on her is in the making with the working title "Chakdaha Express". By this, she is the first Indian female cricketer to have a biopic to her credit.
- Also, she took her 300th wicket in international cricket in September 2018, against Sri Lanka whereas in November 2020, she was nominated for the ICC Women's ODI Cricketer of the Decade award.
- Jhulan was named in India's Test squad for their one-off match against the England women's cricket team in May 2021 and in January 2022, she was named in India's team for the 2022 Women's Cricket World Cup in New Zealand.
- Furthermore, Goswami was appointed as a bowling consultant for the India women's national cricket team under the head coach Ramesh Powar. She is playing as a player-coach in Indian Team.
Awards and Achievements
- 2007 - ICC Women's Cricketer of the Year
- Captain of Indian Women's Cricket Team (2008-2011)
- Fastest Bowler
- 2010 - Arjuna Award
- 2012 - Padma Shri
- Leading International Wicket Taker
Jhulan Goswami Husband: Who is she married to?
Jhulan Goswami is a married woman. But, she has kept her married life out of the spotlight from the public. It seems that she is not comfortable keeping her personal life open to the public. Hope, she has a very good relationship with her family and is going very strong to date. Reflecting on Jhulan's sexual orientation, she is straight.
Jhulan Goswami Net Worth: How much is she making annually?
Jhulan Goswami is among those few individuals that have such a wide range of experience and remains true to whatever she embarks on. She has a net worth of 7.3 crore Indian Rupees as of 2021 whereas her exact amount of salary has not been disclosed yet. She has accomplished a lot in such a short span, which has provided her with the limelight. In addition, her major source of income is from her cricket career.
Jhulan Goswami Body Measurements: How tall is she?
Jhulan Goswami is 74 kg or 163 lbs tall and her body weighs around 70 kg. She has black hair and dark brown eyes color. Moreover, Jhulan has an athletic body build with 34-30-34 inches of body measurement.
Trivias About Jhulan Goswami You Need To Know.
- Initially enamored by soccer, her love for cricket began when she watched the 1992 ICC World Cup (Men's edition) on television.
- She seriously began to follow and play the game at the age of 15.
- She earned the distinction of being the fastest female bowler in the world.
- Both she and male cricketer Chetan Chauhan became recipients of the Arjuna Award for achievement in national sports.
- As of January 2020, Jhulan had bowled almost 1500 overs in the ODI format of the game, which was nearly 500 overs more than the 2nd-placed Cathryn Fitzpatrick.