Last updated on September 6th, 2021 at 03:49 pm
Facts About Jim Acosta
|52 Years Old
|Abilio James Acosta
|Place Of Birth
|Washington, D.C., the U.S.
|Annandale High School
|Sharon Mobley Stow (m. 1999; div. 2017)
|Source of Wealth
|$1 million to $5 million
|5 feet and 9 inches
|Salt and pepper colored
|Wikipedia Twitter Instagram
Abilio James Acosta, well known as Jim Acosta is an American broadcast journalist who is now an anchor and the chief domestic correspondent for CNN. He previously served as the national political correspondent for CNN, as well as the network's chief White House correspondent during the Trump administration. Prior to joining the White House beat, he was national political correspondent throughout CNN's 'America's Choice 2012' election coverage, embedded with the Romney presidential campaign as the lead correspondent. Acosta has also received several awards including The National Association of Hispanic Journalists 2017 Presidential Award. Furthermore, CNN announced in January 2021 that Jim would move to chief domestic correspondent and weekend anchor.
Jim Acosta Slams Tucker Carlson
Jim Acosta called Fox News host Tucker Carlson a "human manure spreader" during a segment on Saturday for vilifying Afghan refugees amid the Biden administration's plans to resettle tens of thousands of them who were evacuated following the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan. "Over on Fox, human manure spreader Tucker Carlson has floated yet another race-baiting conspiracy theory that tens of thousands of Afghan refugees have been welcomed into this country to change the outcome of future elections," Acosta said on CNN Newsroom. In another segment last month, Carlson said: "We will see many refugees from Afghanistan resettle in our country in coming months, probably in your neighborhood. And over the next decade, that number may swell to the millions. So first we invade and then we're invaded it is always the same."
- Being an American broadcast journalist.
- For being an anchor and the chief domestic correspondent for CNN.
What is Jim Acosta Nationality?
Jim Acosta was born on 17th April 1971 with the real name of Abilio James Acosta in Washington, D.C., the U.S. However, he was raised in northern Virginia. He holds American nationality and belongs to mixed ethnic background as his father is of Cuban plunge and emigrated from Cuba to the United States whereas his mother came from Irish and Czech origins. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is white. Jim has celebrated his 50th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Aries. His parent's details have not been revealed yet.
Moving to Jim's education, he graduated from Annandale High School in 1989. In 1993, he earned a bachelor's degree in mass communication, with a minor in political science, from James Madison University.
What does Jim Acosta do for a living?
- Jim Acosta kicks off his broadcast journalism career in radio as his first job was with WMAL in Washington, D.C. after which he worked for Fox affiliate WTTG-TV as a desk assistant.
- He then moved in front of the camera in 1995, becoming a reporter and substitute anchor at NBC affiliate WBIR-TV in Knoxville, Tennessee, and remained in that job until 1998.
- He worked as a reporter for CBS affiliate KTVT-TV in Dallas from 1998 until 2000 and was also a reporter for WBBM-TV in Chicago from 2000 until 2001. He worked as a correspondent for CBS News' Newspath service from 2001 until 2003.
- He was also a correspondent for CBS News and was based first in New York and then in Atlanta from February 2003 until March 2007.
- As well, he covered the 2004 campaign of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry at CBS News as well as he covered the 2008 presidential campaigns of Democratic candidates Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton in the following year.
- Later he joined CNN's "American Morning" program as a correspondent and contributed to the network's coverage of the 2010 midterm elections and was promoted to the position of national political correspondent in February 2012.
- He was the network's lead correspondent in covering the 2012 presidential campaign of Republican nominee Mitt Romney as he was then the senior White House correspondent for CNN.
- On 9th January 2018, Jim was promoted to chief White House correspondent whereas CNN also announced in January 2021 that he would move to chief domestic correspondent and weekend anchor.
- On 2nd August 2017, he got into a heated debate at a White House press conference, arguing with White House senior policy advisor Stephen Miller over the Trump Administration's support for the RAISE Act.
- Additionally, he verbally sparred with President Trump during a White House press conference on 7th November 2018, following the 2018 midterm elections. Trump said "You are a rude, terrible person. You shouldn't be working for CNN" after Jim asked him a question about Trump's rhetoric regarding immigration and Trump's television advertisements which have been described as racist.
- Later CNN and Acosta, through counsel Ted Boutrous and Ted Olson of Gibson Dunn, filed a civil suit in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia against Trump on 13th November 2018.
- CNN eventually dropped the lawsuit on 19th November after the White House restored Acosta's press credentials with conditions.
- Apart from journalism, Jim has also published his book named "The Enemy of the People: A Dangerous Time to Tell the Truth in America" in 2019.
Who is Jim Acosta Wife?
Jim Acosta is a married journalist. He tied a knot with his pretty wife Sharon Mobley Stow who is a registered nurse. The couple later separated in 2017 after 17 years of marriage. They gave birth to a daughter and a son. Presently, there have been no speculations about any other leading woman in Jim's life. He has his job to keep him engaged after all. Concerning his sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Jim Acosta?
Jim Acosta has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2021 whereas his exact amount of salary has not been disclosed yet. He has a long road ahead of him and he definitely holds all the potential to make it big in journalism. With his calm and easy-going personality, he is expected to get more popular in the coming years, and we can expect him to climb the ladders of success. In addition, Jim's major source of income is from his journalist career.
How tall is Jim Acosta?
Jim Acosta is 5 feet and 9 inches tall. He has 67kg of body weight with an average body build. He has good-looking brown eyes and salt & pepper colored hair however there is no information about his body measurements. Jim's ethnic background is probably one of the reasons for his extremely attractive personality.
Trivias About Jim Acosta You Need To Know.
- Before joining CNN in March 2007, Acosta was a CBS News correspondent since February 2003.
- Acosta covered the Pennsylvania miner rescue, the Washington, D.C.-area sniper story, and the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, among other stories.
- In 2019, he was honored with the annual "Truth to Power" award from the New York Press Club.
- Prior to CBS Newspath, he was a reporter and substitute anchor for WBBM-TV, the CBS-owned station in Chicago from 2000 to 2001.
- Acosta also reported from the 2016 campaign trail following Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.