Facts About Jimmie Johnson
|47 Years Old
|Jimmie Kenneth Johnson
|Race Rider , Race Rider
|Place Of Birth
|El Cajon, California
|5 feet 11 inches
|Chandra Lyann Janway
|United States of America
|Gary Ernest Johnson
|Catherine Ellen Dunnill
|Jessie Johnson, Jarit Johnson
|Granite Hills High School
|Source of Wealth
|Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Jimmie Johnson is a professional car racer from the USA. A 5 times driver of the year and most prosperous NASCAR car driver. He is also the co-founder of the Jimmie Johnson Foundation. He began racing motorcycles at the age of four. He is an American professional stock car racing driver and a seven-time champion in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is JimmieJohnson famous for?
- An American professional stock car racing driver.
How old is Jimmie Johnson?
Recalling his early life, Jimmie Johnson was born to Gary Ernest Johnson and Catherine Ellen Dunnill in the year of 1975. Currently, he aged 44 years old. He spent his childhood getting full support from his family. He grew up with two of his brothers in El Cajon, California.
Similarly, he is of American nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. Further, His birth sign is Virgo.
Where is Jimmie Johnson educated?
Concerning his education, Johnson has not been said much about his education but he studied at the Granite Hills High School located in his hometown El Cajon, California.
How Jimmie Johnson became a professional racer?
- Moving towards his career, Johnson started racing motorcycles in 1980 when he was four. Three years later, he won the 60cc class championship. Afterward, he moved to the Mickey Thompson Entertainment Group Stadium Racing Series where he won several more awards.
- In 1993, He was given the opportunity to drive for Herb Fishel. He refused the deal and continued racing buggies and trucks in the off-road stadium and desert races.
- In 1998, he began racing on asphalt ovals when he entered the American Speed Association as well as part-time in the NASCAR Busch Series. In the same year, Johnson won the ASA Pat Schauer Memorial Rookie title. One year later, he had two wins and finished third in the standings.
- In 2000, he has announced the driver for Herzog Motorsports in the Busch Series. During the season, he had a spectacular accident on lap 46 during the Lysol 200 at Watkins Glen when his brakes failed to enter the first turn.
- On October 07th, 2001, He finished 39th in his first appearance in NASCAR’s top series, the Winston Cup Series. He also earned his first Busch Series win in 2001, at Chicagoland Speedway, winding up eighth in that series’s point standings.
- In 2002, he began his rookie season in the Cup Series, winning three races and ending the season ranked fifth. Two of those victories came at Dover International Speedway in Delaware, making him the first rookie in series history to sweep both races at a track and the first to lead the point standings (for one week).
- He finished second in the standings in 2003, with three victories, and did the same in 2004, when he won a series-best eight times. He finished fifth overall in 2005 before starting his dominant run the following season.
- In 2006, when he won his first Cup Series championship, He registered five victories, including the Daytona 500, and had 13 top-5 and 24 top 10 finishes.
- In 2007, he earned his second title, becoming the first driver to have 10 victories in a season since his teammate Gordon won 13 races in 1998. In 2008 he won seven races.
- In 2009, He again won seven races, on his way to his fourth title. He was the first to win four straight championships, and he became the first NASCAR driver to be named Male Athlete of the Year by the Associated Press. Johnson’s six victories in 2010 helped him secure a fifth championship.
- His championship streak ended in 2011 when he finished the Cup Series season in sixth place, which he followed with a third-place finish in 2012.
- In February 2013, he won his second career Daytona 500 title, and he finished that NASCAR season with his sixth career Cup Series championship.
- He had his worst full NASCAR season in 2014, finishing the year with four race wins and in 11th place in the Cup Series. He was slightly better in 2015, with five wins and a 10th place Cup Series finish.
- He has also made various television and film appearances like 2005 film Herbie: Fully Loaded, in Las Vegas - a tv series of the same year, and in the 2015 series Repeat After Me.
- He came into 2017 as the defending Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series champion. The start of the season didn't go as smoothly as the end of last season, however. Through the first six races of the season, he only scored one top ten finish. He rebounded with back to back wins at the 2017 O'Reilly Auto Parts 500 in Texas and the 2017 Food City 500 at Bristol. This would be the 14th time he has won back-to-back races in his career.
- On November 26th, 2018, He participated in a motorsports cultural exchange with two-time Formula One champion Fernando Alonso at Bahrain International Circuit, where both drivers compared their respective race cars.
- In September 2019, He missed the playoffs cut for the first time in his NASCAR career after finishing 35th in the Brickyard 400 due to contact with Kurt Busch that sent his car crashing hard into the wall.
- On November 20th, 2019, He announced that the 2020 Cup season would be his last full-time season of racing.
Who is Jimmie Johnson's wife?
Reflecting on his personal life, Johnson is married to Chandra Lyann Janway. They first met in the year 2002 and got to know about each other. After dating for a year, they got engaged in 2003. The engagement was done on a snowboarding trip. After getting engaged, they decided to take their relationship a bit forward, and their wedding took place in the year 2004.
The pair welcomed two of their daughter to this world. They are Lydia Norriss Johnson and Genevieve Marie Johnson. He truly loves his daughters a lot, which can be seen through his post on Instagram. He enjoys his life with his family and is grateful for them.
Also, He has become a loyal husband, and there are rumors about him dating anyone else. There are no scandals or any negative sides to him. He is a family guy who loves his wife and daughters way too much.
What is the net worth of Jimmie Johnson?
Being a professional racer by profession, Johnson earns the sum of a good amount of money and fame from his profession in the field of the sports industry. Based on some online reports, his estimated net worth said to be $160 million at present.
His net worth might be even more as he keeps on getting various sponsorship and different contracts. His information about his houses is still not disclosed.
How tall is Jimmie Johnson?
Observing his body statistics, Johnson stands a height of 5 feet 11 inches and weighs around 79 Kg. Similarly, he has an athletic body with dark brown eyes and hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Jimmie Johnson You Need To Know.
- Runner-up for the 2003 Nascar Winston Cup Series Championship.
- This is a basic quiz about NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson.
- This quiz is dedicated to one of the future champions of NASCAR.