Jimmy Carr - Bio, Wife, Kids, Parents, Net Worth, Age, Facts, Nationality, Siblings, Height, Hair, Girlfriend, Awards, Books, Wiki, TV Shows, Movies
Jimmy Carr is a British-Irish comedian, television presenter, writer, and actor. A winner of the British Comedy Award, he has been considered one of Britain's most popular stand-up comedians as well as one of the highest-earning comedians across the nation. In 2007, a poll on the Channel 4 website for 100 Greatest Stand-Ups, Jimmy Carr was the 12th.
After working as a marketing executive, Carr moved to a career in comedy in 2000. Since establishing himself as a popular stand-up comedian, Carr has regularly appeared since 2002 in Channel 4 and other television shows, hosting panel shows 8 Out of 10 Cats, 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown and The Big Fat Quiz of the Year, an annual end-of-year comedy panel show that reviews the past year's news.
What is Jimmy Carr famous for?
- Being a British-Irish comedian and television presenter
- For his controversial deadpan one-liners, for which he has been criticized.
Where was Jimmy Carr from?
Jimmy Carr was born on 15th September 1972 in Hounslow, London, England. His birth name is James Anthony Patrick Carr. He holds a British nationality and belongs to the Caucasian ethnicity. His star sign is Virgo. He is a follower of Christianity.
Carr was born into a middle-class Irish family. His father Patrick James "Jim" Carr was an accountant who later became the treasurer for the computer company Unisys. His mother Nora Mary died of pancreatitis, aged 57. He was raised in the village of Farnham Common along with his brothers Colin and Patrick, where he attended Burnham Grammar School.
Carr completed the sixth form at the Royal Grammar School in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England. After earning four A grades at the GCE Advanced Level exams, Carr read social science and political science at Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge, and graduated with a first division in 1994. The same year his parents got separated.
Jimmy Carr Career
- Carr begins doing stand-up comedy after taking leave from his work at Shell plc, an oil company in London in 2001.
- After gaining huge popularity within a short time, he got an opportunity to host the British game shows "Your Face or Mine?"(2002-2003) and "Distraction" ( 2003-2004).
- From 2004 until 2006, Carr hosted a United States version of Distraction for Comedy Central.
- In January 2005, Carr hosted It's Been a Terrible Year — a comedy review of 2004, on BBC Radio 2.
- Since 2005, Carr has presented the comedy panel show 8 Out of 10 Cats.
- Since 2012, Carr has also presented 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown.
- In April 2010, Carr hosted the first British version of a comedy roast show, Channel 4's A Comedy Roast.
- In 2014 and 2015, Carr guest-presented two episodes of Sunday Night at the Palladium on ITV.
- From 2018 to 2020, Carr hosted the Comedy Central series Roast Battle.
- Since December 2021, Carr has been hosting the game show "I Literally Just Told You" on Channel 4.
Who is Jimmy Carr married to?
Jimmy has been in a long-term relationship with his partner, Karoline Copping, since 2001. The pair reportedly met at a television interview during auditions. His Canadian-born girlfriend Karoline Copping, works as a commissioning editor for Channel 5. Although not married, The couple already has a son, born in 2019.
Jimmy and Karoline, who live in north London, choose to keep their long-term relationship pretty private. Although the couple leads a life out of the spotlight, they have often been pictured together at events and on red carpets, looking loved-up as ever. They were even spotted attending the wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank in 2018.
How much is Jimmy Carr's net worth?
As of February 2022, the net worth of Jimmy Carr is estimated to be US $35 million. Jimmy had managed to earn such a huge fortune through his stand-up comedy career. Carr earns around $2 million to $3 million annually as a stand-up comedian including his continuous stand-up tours across the UK and America.
Apart from his stand-up comedy career, the comedian also makes a huge income from hosting Television shows. He has been hosting multiple British games and fun shows since the 2000s and is expected to bring home around $500 thousand to $1 million per year as his salary.
How tall is Jimmy Carr?
Jimmy Carr is a tall guy with a height of 6 ft 0 inches and his body weight is around 76 Kg. He is a handsome guy with a short smart haircut that is black in color. He has a pair of Light brown eyes. He is a cheerful guy with a humble personality. He is usually seen in formal uniform giving him a professional and gentlemanly look.
Trivias About Jimmy Carr You Need To Know.
- In 2012, he was accused of a K2 tax avoidance scheme.
- At age 26, he lost his Catholic faith.
- He has spoken of the depression he experienced in his 20s.