Jo Jorgensen - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Family, Political Career, Age, Birthday, Job, Nationality, Education, Facts, Height, Children, Wiki
Jo Jorgensen is an American academic and libertarian political activist who is well-known for being the Libertarian Party's nominee for president of the United States in the 2020 election. Jorgenson is the first woman to become the Libertarian nominee for president. She also was the party's nominee for vice president of the United States in the 1996 US presidential election. The slogan for her 2020 presidential campaign is "I'm With Her". The slogan got trended on Twitter on the night of May 23, 2020, when it was announced.
She is active in the social media platform with around 154k followers on her Twitter account: @Jorgensen4POTUS and has around 128k followers on her verified Instagram account: @jorgensen_2020
Besides, Jo Jorgensen has been regularly active on her social media accounts and has been posting about her 2020 presidential campaign and asking for votes for her in the 2020 election going to be held on November 3, 2020.
What is Jo Jorgensen famous for?
- Famous as an American academic and libertarian political activist
- Known for being the Libertarian Party's nominee for president of the United States in the 2020 election
Where is Jo Jorgensen from?
Jo Jorgensen was born on May 1, 1957, in Libertyville, Illinois, United States. Her birth name is Joanne Marie Jorgensen. American is her nationality. Her ethnicity is White. She belongs to Danish descent. She was born with Tauras as her zodiac sign.
She was born in a White ethics family in Illinois. Her grandparents were originally from Denmark and later migrated to the United States. She was raised in Grayslake, Illinois. Growing up, she became very much interested in playing hockey and played hockey in high school She did her schooling at Grayslake Central High School. Later, she attended Baylor University and got graduated in 1979 with a bachelor of science in Psychology. Jorgenson also received a master's degree in business administration in 1980 from Southern Methodist University/
After getting graduated, she quickly started working at International Business Machines Corporation(IBM) and later became a part-owner of the company and President of Digitech, Inc. In 2002, she got graduated from Clemson University with a Ph.D. in Industrial Organization Psychology. She also has been working as a Senior Lecturer in Psychology at Clemson University since 2006.
Jo Jorgensen Political Career
- Jo Jorgensen began her political career in 1990 after she joined the Libertarian political party.
- Then, she represented the Libertarian Party for the 1992 United States House of Representatives election for South Carolina's 4th congressional district which was her first run for an office.
- She placed third with 2.2% of the total vote placing behind Democrat Liz. J. Patterson and Republican Bob Inglis.
- She started getting recognition after she was announced as the Libertarian Party's nominee for vice president in the 1996 US presidential election.
- Jorgenson ran for the post of vice president as the running mate of Harry Browne who was the party's nominee for the president in the 1996 US presidential election.
- On October 22, 1996, she made her participation in a vice-presidential debate which was televised nationwide by C-SPAN.
- She and Browne got placed in the 5th place after receiving a total of 485,779 votes.
- It was the best performance of the Libertarian Party since the 1980 election.
- On August 13, 2019, she filled with the FEC to run the Libertarian presidential nomination in the 2020 election
- Then, she participated in the official South Carolina Libertarian presidential debate which was held on November 2, 2019.
- She won two of the 12 primaries in the non-binding Libertarian primaries placing second in the cumulative popular vote
- Jorgenson caught headlines on May 23, 2020, after she got announced as the official Libertarian presidential nominee for the president of the United States in the 2020 election.
- She also became the first woman to be a Libertarian nominee for the post of president of the United States.
- At present, she is busy with her 2020 presidential campaign for the 2020 election going to be held on 3rd November.
Jo Jorgensen 2020 US presidential campaign
Jo Jorgensen began her 2020 presidential campaign on November 2, 2019, at the South Carolina Libertarian Party convention after she was selected as the Libertarian Party's 2020 presidential nominee after four rounds of voting by delegates on May 23, 2019. On May 24, Spike Cohen was selected as her running mate for the post of vice-president. The slogan used in her 2020 presidential campaign is "I'm With Her". The slogan was an unofficial 2016 campaign slogan of Hillary Clinton. Furthermore, Jorgensen supports a free-market healthcare system financed by providing individuals with a spending account and also allowing individuals to keep any savings. She also opposed single-payer healthcare. She has opposed the war on drugs and has supported abolishing drug laws. She also supports cutting government spending to reduce taxes. Jorgeson characterized the US government's response to the COVID-19 pandemic as overly bureaucratic and authoritarian and calling the government's work for COVID-19 as the biggest assault on our liberties in our lifetime. She has received endorsements from Peter Schiff, John Stossel, and Katherine Timpf, among others. She also seeks to turn the United States into "one giant Switzerland". Jorgensen also achieved ballot access in all 50 states and the District of Columbia on September 15, 2020. Other three notable candidates for the post of president of the US in the 2020 election are Donald J.Trump(45th and present president of USA), Joe Biddon(Democratic party), and Howie Hawkins(Green Party).
Jo Jorgensen Husband
The Libertarian politician, Jo Jorgensen has been married only once in her life. She has not revealed her husband's identity till the date. However, the couple is living a happy life together in Washington D.C. The couple is also blessed with two adult daughters. Jorgenson has also become a grandmother with a grandson. Furthermore, due to the departure of her mother on September 3, 2020, she paused her presidential campaign for a short period.
Jo Jorgensen Net Worth
Jo Jorgensen has earned a good amount of money from her profession as a politician and lecturer. She has an estimated net worth of $2 million as of 2020. She has been working as a lecturer at Clemson University since 2006 getting an annual salary of $55,150. Her net worth includes all her property and her present earnings. At present, she is living a luxurious lifestyle with her earnings.
Jo Jorgensen Height
The 63 years aged, Jo Jorgensen has a well-maintained average body. She is a beautiful woman with brown hair and a pair of blue eyes. She stands at a height of 5ft 11 inches(1.8m) and has a bodyweight of 60kg. She belongs to the Christianity religion.