Facts About Jo Mersa Marley
|Celebrated Name||Jo Mersa Marley|
|Age||32 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Jo Mersa Marley|
|Birth Name||Joseph Marley|
|Profession||Musician , Singer-songwriter|
|Place Of Birth||Kingston|
|Mother||Kertia DeCosta Marley|
|Grand Parents||Bob Marley and Rita Marley|
|Brothers||Yohan Marley (brother), Binghi Marley (brother), Benjamin Marley (brother), Jeremiah Marley (brother), Stephen Marley Jr. (brother)|
|Sisters||Zipporah Marley (sister), Lailah Marley (sister), Shacia Marley (sister), Nyah Marley (sister), Summer Marley (sister), Mystic Marley (sister), Sasha Marley (sister)|
|School||Saints Peter and Paul Preparatory School|
|High School||Palmetto High School|
|College / University||Miami Dade College|
|Net Worth||$1 million|
|Source of Wealth||Music Industry|
|Cause Of Death||Asthama Attack|
|Death Date||27th December 2022|
Jo Mersa Marley was a reggae artist, musician, songwriter, and performing artist from Jamaica. He was famous for being the son of Stephen Marley and the grandson of reggae musician, Bob Marley. He released his debut EP "Comfortable" in 2014 as well as the album "Eternal " in 2021. Sadly, he passed away on December 27, 2022, at age 31.
Reggae artist Jo Mersa Marley, the grandson of Bob Marley, dies at 31
Joseph "Jo Mersa" Marley, the grandson of Bob Marley and son of Stephen Marley, dies at 31. He passed away on December 27, 2022. He dies at 31. His death cause was due to an asthma attack. He had reportedly suffered from asthma his entire life. He was found unresponsive in a vehicle in the United States. His family is yet to announce the final funeral arrangements.
Political figures in Jamaica have paid tribute to the late musician. The country’s Minister for Culture, Gender, Entertainment, and Sport, Honourable Olivia Grange, said that she was "deeply saddened by the news". "We were graced by Joseph, whose stage name was Jo Mersa, performing at our Jamaica 60 Launch in Miramar, Florida, USA in May," she wrote on Twitter.
Mark J Golding, Jamaica’s leader of the opposition and president of the People’s National Party, also wrote about the "tragic loss". "A talented young reggae artiste, son of Stephen Marley & grandson of Bob Marley at only 31 years old," he said. "The loss of a child is a devastating blow no parent should face, my condolences to Stephen & the entire family."
What was Jo Mersa Marley Famous For?
- Jo Mersa Marley was a Jamaican reggae artist.
- Jo was famous for being the grandson of Bob Marley and the oldest son of Stephen Marley.
Who are Jo Mersa Marley's Parents?
Jo Mersa Marley took birth on 12th March 1991 in Kingston, Jamaica with the birth name of Joseph Marley. He spent his early years in Jamaica. He held Jamaican nationality and his ethnicity was Jamaican-American. He was the eldest son of Stephen Marley and Kertia DeCosta Marley & the grandson of reggae musician Bob Marley and his wife, Rita Marley. His dad, Stephen is a Jamaican-American musician and an eight-time Grammy Award winner.
Jo Mersa Marley has twelve siblings Zipporah Marley (sister), Yohan Marley (brother), Lailah Marley (sister), Shacia Marley (sister), Binghi Marley (brother), Nyah Marley (sister), Summer Marley (sister), Mystic Marley (sister), Sasha Marley (sister), Benjamin Marley (brother), Jeremiah Marley (brother), Stephen Marley Jr. (brother). He started making music when he was 11 with his cousins. In Jamaica, he attended Saints Peter and Paul Preparatory School, before he moved to Florida to attend Palmetto High School and Miami Dade College (where he studied studio engineering). For the last time, he celebrated his 31st birthday. His zodiac sign was Pisces and his religion was Christian.
Jo Mersa Marley Career Timeline
- Jo Mersa Marley had his stage debut when he was 4 years old. He appeared with his father, his uncle Ziggy Marley, and his aunts Cedella Marley and Sharon Marley.
- He made his music debut in 2010 with the track "My Girl", on which he collaborated with his cousin Daniel Bambaata Marley.
- He then made his EP debut with "Comfortable" in 2014 releasing, through iTunes and Spotify.
- His debut EP was then followed by the 2021 album "Eternal" which consists of the songs - Guess Who's Coming Home, Company, No Way Out, That Dream, Yo Dawg, and Made It, Thinking.
- He also appeared on a Grammy-winning album Strictly Roots by Morgan Heritage.
Who was Jo Mersa Marley's Wife?
Jo Mersa Marley was a married man. She tied the knot to his beautiful wife whose name is Kiara Marley. Together, they had a daughter namely Sunshine Marley. Details about their wedding date and other marriage information are out of the radar. His sexual orientation was straight.
How much was Jo Mersa Marley's Net Worth?
Jo Mersa Marley was a Jamaican reggae artist and musician whose net worth was estimated to be $1 million at the time of his death. His main source of wealth was from the music industry. His salary was thousands of dollars from his professional career. He lived a modest lifestyle.
Trivias About Jo Mersa Marley You Need To Know.
- Jo Mersa Marley is the son of Stephen Marley and grandson of reggae musician, Bob Marley.
- He released his debut EP "Comfortable" in 2014.
- Joseph Marley is his birth name.
- His dad, Stephen is a Jamaican-American musician and an eight-time Grammy Award winner.
- He has twelve siblings with whom he grew up.
- His zodiac sign was Pisces.