Jo O'Meara - Bio, Net Worth, Boyfriend, Husband, Kids, Age, Family, Facts, Nationality, Parents, Wiki, Job, Height, Siblings, Songs, Albums, Education
Joanne Valda O'Meara, an English singer and songwriter is professionally known as Jo O'Meara. She is well recognized for being a member of the pop group "S Club 7" between 1999 and 2003. The group released their first single, "Bring It All Back", in 1999 with the song going straight to Number 1. They went on to have four UK No1 singles and a UK No1 album. The band also had TV shows including "Miami 7" and "Viva S Club" before splitting in 2003. Despite being considered the strongest S Club vocalist, Jo's first attempt at a solo career flopped soon after the band disbanded. Additionally, Jo has released unplugged renditions of "Don't Stop Movin'" and "Relentless" in April and May 2021 whereas her second album, "With Love" was recently released on 27th August 2021.
- Being an English singer and songwriter.
- For being a member of the pop group "S Club 7".
Where is Jo O'Meara from?
Jo O'Meara was born on 29th April 1979 with the real name of Joanne Valda O'Meara in Romford, Essex, England. However, she grew up in Collier Row. She is British by nationality and British-white by ethnicity. Similarly, her religious belief is in the Christian religion. Jo has celebrated her 42nd birthday as of 2021 and as per her birth date, her star sign is Taurus. Thus, her race is white. She is the daughter of her father Dave O'Meara and her mother Barbara O'Meara. She also has a brother and sister named Shane and Julie.
Moving to Jo's education, she was educated at Clockhouse Junior School and Bower Park School and excelled in music, singing, and dance.
What does Jo O'Meara do for a living?
- Jo O'Meara jumps off her career being a member of the pop group "S Club 7" with whom she was seen in their own BBC television series, "Miami 7", in 1999. The band was together over five years and they had four UK No.1 singles, one UK No.1 album. The band recorded a total of four studio albums whereas their first album, "S Club", had a strong 1990s pop sound.
- Later their musical approach changed to a more dance and R&B sound which is heard mostly in their final album, "Seeing Double".
- The band was signed to Polydor Records and their television series went on to last four series as well as the popularity of their television series, S Club 7 won two Brit Awards in 2000 for British breakthrough act and in 2002, for best British single.
- Also, the group earned the Record of the year in 2001 but, during a live onstage performance on 21st April 2003, S Club announced that they were to disband.
- Then, Jo signed with Simon Fuller as her artist manager and started recording her debut solo album in 2004, however she split from Fuller when the negotiations with Polydor Records failed and they disagreed over the recorded songs in December 2004.
- She later returned to the studio to record new material as she planned to release as debut single "Taxi Cab", "Lovely" or "Don't Wanna Let You Down".
- She also signed with Sanctuary Records in July 2005 and on 26th September of the following year was released her debut solo single, "What Hurts the Most" which is a version of Mark Wills's 2003 song.
- She released her debut album, "Relentless" on 3rd October 2005 and she also took part in the BBC reality show "Just the Two of Us" in February 2006. She starred on "Celebrity Big Brother" in January 2007.
- Jo, Bradley McIntosh, and Paul Cattermole formed the spin-off group S Club 3 in November 2008 and have been performing in nightclubs, universities, and Butlins holiday camps around the United Kingdom. A bottle was thrown during their performance in Bradford on 12th November 2008 which struck O'Meara, leaving her with a cut to the head requiring hospital treatment. A 20-year-old man was arrested and it was suggested the attack was linked to her "Celebrity Big Brother" appearance.
- Jo was featured in a cover of the Python Lee Jackson song "In a Broken Dream" on The Popes' 2012 album "New Church" which was her first released recording in seven years.
- As well, all seven original S Club members reunited to perform a medley of some of their greatest hits on BBC Children In Need in November 2014. They performed a reunion tour, Bring It All Back 2015, in May 2015.
- Following the S Club reunion, she continued to tour with Tina Barrett and Bradley McIntosh performing as S Club 3. The trio released a single titled "Family" for charity but failed to chart in the UK in 2017.
- Jo announced in August 2020 that she would no longer be performing as S Club 3 to focus on her upcoming second studio album.
- Moreover, she has released unplugged renditions of "Don't Stop Movin'" and "Relentless," respectively in April and May 2021. Her second album, "With Love", was also recently released on 27th August 2021.
Is Jo O'Meara married?
Jo O'Meara is an unmarried lady. She was previously in a relationship with Bill Slate whom she began dating in 2006 but got separated in 2008. She also gave birth to a 7 lb 15oz boy she named Lenny by cesarean section on 12th May 2008. As of now, we can assume that she is not dating anyone as she is enjoying living a single life. Talking about Jo's sexual orientation, she is straight.
Jo O'Meara Net Worth 2021
Jo O'Meara is a versatile singer and songwriter who has a net worth of $8 million as of 2021. She has also a fine amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. She has reached great heights in her career already and she still has a lot more to do. Jo has not done any endorsement work yet. In addition, her major source of income is from her singing and songwriting career.
Jo O'Meara Height and Weight
Jo O'Meara stands at an ideal height of 1.62 m with a balanced body weight. She could carry off any look with great simplicity. She has short blonde hair and dark brown eyes color. Jo's usual exercises schedule has guided her to be in marvelous body posture with appropriate body measurement as her body build type is slim. She also has inked some beautiful tattoos on her hand.
Jo O'Meara looks very different after quitting booze and smoking
Jo O'Meara looked very different as she made an appearance on ITV's Lorraine on Thursday. The singer, 42, was a guest on the ITV daytime show where she chatted to summer stand-in host Christine Lampard about the release of her new solo album "With Love". She previously revealed that she has quit smoking and booze as part of her healthier new lifestyle and she is looking better than ever. She is also bringing out new music for the first time in 16 years.
"It's been a long time, it does feel so strange, but I'm so excited," she told Christine. "There's one on there which is particularly personal, it's called Lay Your Hurt On Me… which I wrote for my friend Daniel who passed away from cancer, my little dedication was to write a song and put it on the album so his memory could live on forever". "Coming back after such a long time is so nerve-wracking, you think it would get easier, but I just get more and more nervous. It's so exciting, I just feel so so lucky to be back." She added: "I just love music, I've grown up with it, it's my whole life, it's what I want to do and all I love doing. It's very special for me to be back making it."
Trivias About Jo O'Meara You Need To Know.
- Jo went to Clockhouse Junior School and Bower Park School.
- She appeared on "Celebrity Big Brother".
- She welcomed her son Lenny on 12th May 2008, after separating from her partner, Bill Slate.
- She and Rachel Stevens were both in S Club 7.
- She was a member of the British singing group S Club 7.