Facts About Jo Yu-ri
|21 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Busan Munhyeon Elementary School
|Haeyeon High School and Moonhyun Girls High School
|5 feet 3 inches
|$1M - $5M
|Source of Wealth
|Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
A South Korean singer, Jo Yu-ri is known for being a member of the South Korean-Japanese girl group called IZ*ONE that formed through a reality competition show "Produce 48" on Mnet. She also participates in the show "Idol School" where was eliminated in 11 episodes. Memory. Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Jo Yu-ri famous for?
- A Korean idol singer.
- Being a member of the South Korean-Japanese girl group called IZ*ONE that formed through a reality competition show Produce 48 on Mnet.
Where does Jo Yu-ri live?
Recalling her early life, Jo Yu-ri was born in Nam-gu, Busan, South Korea to her parents in the year 2001. However, her parents' details are yet to be disclosed. Also, she has one sister but her name is yet to be disclosed. Similarly, She holds South Korean citizenship and her ethnicity is South-Asian. Her birth sign is Libra.
For education, she attended Busan Munhyeon Elementary School and then went to Haeyeon High School. After that, she enrolled at Moonhyun Girls High School but she dropped out.
When did Jo Yu-ri begin her music career?
- Moving towards her career, Yuri participated in the survival reality show "Idol School" in 2017. However, she was eliminated in episode 11 with the 15th place.
- After a year in 2018, she participated in the survival reality TV show "Produce 48" as a contestant representing Stone Music Entertainment. However, she ranked 3rd and became a member of IZ * ONE.
- Along with the group, she has been a part of many songs including La Vie en Rose, Suki to Iwasetai, and Memory.
- The group was managed by the Record Entertainment and Swing Entertainment which is composed of twelve members. The other member of Iz*One is Jang Won-young, Sakura Miyawaki, Choi Ye-Na, An Yu-jin, Nako Yabuki, Kwon Eun-bi, Kang Hye-won, Hitomi Honda, Kim Chae-won, Kim Min-Ju, and Lee Chae-Yeon.
- On October 29th, 2018, Iz*One debuted with their first extended play (EP) Color*Iz. After that, the group received immediate commercial success, selling over 225,000 units and peaking at number 2 on South Korea's Gaon Album Chart.
- Also, they were welcomed as the New Artist of the Year at several awards ceremonies, including Golden Disc Awards and Seoul Music Awards.
- Also, their debut was considered by Billboard as one of the best K-pop debuts of 2018.
- The same year of December, The group performed at the 2018 FNS Music Festival in Japan.
- After a day, Off the Record announced that Iz*One had signed a recording contract with Universal Music Japan's EMI Records label, in preparation for the group's Japanese debut.
- On February 6th, 2019, The group's Japanese debut single, "Suki to Iwasetai" was released under UMG's EMI Records label which peaked at number 2 on Oricon Singles Chart and with over 250,000 unit sales.
- Also, The single was certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ).
- On 01st April 2019, The group released their second EP titled Heart*Iz which topped them in both the Gaon Album and Oricon Overseas Album Charts. It sold more than 130,000 copies in the first week of its sale which is a new record for a K-pop girl group at the time.
- Then, The EP was certified Platinum on October 10th of the same year by the Korea Music Content Association (KMCA) after selling more than 250,000 shipment figures.
- It also charted at number 8 on Billboard World Digital Songs. The song received its first music program win on SBS MTV's The Show on April 9th, 2019.
- After that, The group began their first headlining tour titled Eyes on Me at the Jamsil Indoor Stadium in Seoul, South Korea. During the tour, they performed two new songs, "Ayayaya" and "So Curious", as sub-units.
- Overall, the group visited eight cities in five territories, with 81,000 attendances. Also, the group participated in the annual music festival KCON which held at the Madison Square Garden in New York City, their first U.S. performance.
- After that, The group released their second Japanese single, "Buenos Aires" on June 26th, 2019. It received its Platinum certification by the RIAJ in July 2019.
- Also, The group released its third Japanese single titled "Vampire" on 25th September 2019 which also received a Gold certification by the RIAJ. Following their commercial success, the group became Oricon's best-selling new artist for the first half of 2019.
- Also, The group participated in the 2019 Tokyo Girls Collection events held in three consecutive cities.
- On 11th November 2019, The group was scheduled to release their first studio album, Blomm*Iz. However, the release was postponed due to the Mnet vote manipulation investigation which elaborates that the "Produce 48" producer Ahn Joon-young had selected all twelve members of Iz*One before the finale.
- Thus, Their showcases, promotions, and several guest appearances were canceled or put on hold, which included the release of their concert film, Eyes on Me: The Movie, and their Japanese promotions.
- Later, their first studio album was released on 17th February 2020. The album broke the current record of girl group's first week sales on Hanteo with 356,313 copies sold on its first 7 days.
Who is Jo Yu-ri dating?
Reflecting on her personal life, Jo Yu-ri was a quite secretive person who did not share her personal and private information to media yet. Also, she possibly singles as of now.
How much is Jo Yu-ri net worth?
Being a singer, Jo Yu-ri must have a decent amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the music industry. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be between $1 million - $5 million at present. However, her salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Jo Yu-ri?
Observing her body physics, Jo Yu-ri stands a height of 5 feet 3 inches and weighs around 48 Kg. Similarly, her eyes dark brown and her hair color is black. Her other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.