Joachim Andersen Bio, Net Worth, Age, Girlfriend, Salary, Height
Joachim Andersen is a Danish professional footballer who currently plays for Premier League club Crystal Palace and the Denmark football national team. His playing position is center-back. Previously, he played for Greve Fodbold, Copenhagen, Midtjylland, Twente before joining his present team. On 28 July 2021, Crystal Palace announced the signing of Andersen on a five-year deal. His shirt number is #16 for the team, Crystal Palace.
Crystal Palace, Joachim Andersen receives death threats after Nunez red card
Crystal Palace defender Joachim Andersen said he has received death threats directed at him and his family after he was head-butted by Liverpool's Darwin Nunez in Monday's Premier League draw which resulted in the striker being sent off at Anfield. Núñez was shown a red card just before the hour mark when he squared up with Andersen to head-butt the Denmark defender. Liverpool were held to a 1-1 draw after their new signing Nunez was shown a straight red card just before the hour mark when he squared up with Andersen and appeared to head-butt the Danish defender. The result leaves Liverpool winless after two games and fans vented their frustration by contacting Andersen on Instagram, where he highlighted the abusive messages he had received. "Got maybe 3-400 of these messages last night. I understand you support a team but have some respect and stop (acting) tough online," Andersen said before sharing screenshots of abuse and death threats in his inbox. "Hope Instagram and the Premier League do something about this."
What is Joachim Andersen Famous For?
- Playing for the Premier League club Crystal Palace as center-back.
- Being considered a great ball-playing defender with the ability to play in both the right and left sides of the central defense and even in defensive midfield.
What is Joachim Andersen's Nationality?
Joachim Andersen took birth on 31st May 1996 with the real name of Joachim Christian Andersen in Solrød Strand, Denmark. His nationality is Danish and his ethnicity is Danish-White. His present age is 26 as of 2022. He was born to his father, Jacob Andersen, and his mother, Caroline Frederikke Andkjaer. He has three siblings; sisters. He had a keen interest in football since his childhood. He took his final exams in international economics and graduated with flying colors. In 2007, Andersen’s parents separated, leaving him no choice but to stay with his dad and visit his mom occasionally.
Joachim Andersen Career Timeline
- Joachim Andersen started playing football at the age of four for the local club Greve Fodbold.
- For the club, he played from 2000 until 2009.
- After that, he joined Copenhagen’s academy, School of Excellence, before leaving for Midtjylland when he was 15.
- In April 2013, before he had made his first team debut with Midtjylland, Twente sent out scouts to observe Andersen and offered him a one-week trial, which he accepted.
- After four months, he signed a youth contract with FC Twente for a fee rumored to be around 5 million Danish kroner (€650,000).
- With the team, he was promoted to the senior team and on 8 November 2013, he made his first appearance for Jong Twente playing the whole match.
- On 7th March 2015, he got his chance in the first team debuting against Willem II and playing the last 20 minutes.
- On 14th March, he signed a new contract with Twente until 2018.
- On 22nd March, he was named in the starting eleven against Groningen and scored his first goal for the first team.
- He became almost a regular part of the first team squad in the 2015–16 season.
- On 26th August 2017, he signed a contract with Serie A club Sampdoria.
- He made his debut on 25 February 2018, in a match against Udinese.
- In his second season, he only missed one game due to a ban.
- Sampdoria offered him a new contract until summer 2022 which he signed on 8 November 2018.
- On 12th July 2019, Andersen signed a five-year contract with French side Olympique Lyonnais. The transfer fee amounted to €30 million (24 + 6 million in bonuses), meaning Andersen became Lyon’s record transfer. It was also a record-high transfer fee for a Danish football player.
- On 2nd October, he made his debut in the Champions League against RB Leipzig.
- On 11th November, he scored his first Champions League goal in the 3–1 win against Benfica.
- On 5th October 2020, he joined Premier League club Fulham on a season-long loan.
- On 19th December 2020, he was sent off in a 1–1 draw with Newcastle United, receiving a second yellow when he gave away a controversial penalty for a foul on Callum Wilson which was dispatched by the latter.
- On 19th March 2021, he scored his first Fulham goal in a 1–2 home league defeat to Leeds United.
- On 28th July 2021, Crystal Palace announced the signing of Andersen on a five-year deal for a fee of €17.5 million with €2.5 million add-on bonuses and a 12.5% sell-on fee.
Joachim Andersen International career
- Andersen has represented his nation, Denmark at U16, U17, U19, U20, and U21 levels.
- Then, he was called up to the senior team for matches against Kosovo and Switzerland in March 2019.
- On 15th October 2019, he earned his first national team cap when Denmark beat Luxembourg 4–0.
- On 25th May 2021, he was included in the squad for UEFA Euro 2020.
Awards and Achievements
- Coupe de la Ligue runner-up: 2019–20
Who is Joachim Andersen's Girlfriend?
Joachim Andersen is an unmarried man but he is currently in a relationship. He is dating his beautiful girlfriend, Cecilie Porsdal. The lovebirds are enjoying their present life a lot and their love bond is getting stronger with the passage of time. His sexual orietnation is straight.
How much is Joachim Andersen's Net Worth?
Joachim Andersen is a successful footballer. As of 2022, the net worth of Joachim Andersen is estimated to have $5 Million. Before joining Crystal Palace, Andersen was earning an annual salary of £2.86 million at Lyon. On 12th July 2019, Andersen signed a five-year contract with French side Olympique Lyonnais. The transfer fee amounted to €30 million (24 + 6 million in bonuses), meaning Andersen became Lyon’s record transfer. It was also a record-high transfer fee for a Danish football player. His present salary is around €3 Million from his current team. On 28th July 2021, Crystal Palace announced the signing of Andersen on a five-year deal for a fee of €17.5 million with €2.5 million add-on bonuses and a 12.5% sell-on fee. His main source of wealth comes from his football career. He has become successful in life through commitment and hard work where signing countless contracts with different clubs and teams has earned him huge wealth. Today, he is living a lavish lifestyle from his career earnings. His current market value is €25 Million as of June 15, 2022.
How tall is Joachim Andersen?
Joachim Andersen is a handsome danish footballer. He has a tall height of 1.92 m (6 ft 4 in). His body weight consists of 89 Kg. His hair color is brown and his eye color is brown. He has got an athletic body type. His charming smile attracts a lot of people towards him. He maintains his body a lot.
Did You Know?
- His birth name is Joachim Christian Andersen.
- He has three siblings.
- In 2007, Andersen’s parents separated, leaving him no choice but to stay with his dad and visit his mom occasionally.
- He is from Solrød Strand, Denmark.