Joe Gomez - Bio, Net Worth, Nationality, Current Team, Contract, Salary, Transfer, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Family, Parents, Girlfriend, Career
Joe Gomez is an international England professional footballer. He has played in the different club Charlton Athletic and Liverpool and England football team. Generally, his playing position is Defender. He is a Liverpool Premier League team footballer. Presently, he has played in the England national team since 2017. Let's know more about him and his soccer career through this article.
What is Joe Gomez famous for?
- An English professional footballer who plays as a center back for Premier League club Liverpool and the English national team.
Where is Joe Gomez born?
Recalling his early life, Joe was born in Catford, London to a Gambian father and an English mother as Joseph Dave Gomez in the year 1997. His current age is 22 years old. He is British by nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity. Similarly, his birth sign is Gemini and he is Christian by religion. The information about his parents, siblings, and his academic qualification is yet to be disclosed.
When did Joe Gomez pursue his soccer career?
- Moving towards his career, Joe joined the Charlton Athletic when his age 10. Besides, he was starting his first debut for the Under-18 club’s team at the age of 13 years old.
- He has played by the England under-17, under-16, and under-19 team. He was the part of the England Under-17 squad that won the UEFA European U-17 Championship 2014 in May 2014.
- In October 2014, he signed his professional first deal with Charlton. Later, he signed the Premier League Liverpool club on a five-year deal for a fee of 3.5 million EUR on 20th June 2015.
- He suffered a season-ending anterior cruciate ligament injury to the England U-21 on 13 October 2015.
- Also, he made his European debut against Hoffenheim in the Champions team play on 23 August 2017.
- In November 2017, he received his first debut to the England national squad. Besides, he has been described as a full footballer and composed and playing center-back style of play is compared to Rio Ferdinand.
- In May 2018, He underwent surgery to his ankle injury, with Liverpool confirming via their official website that he wouldn't play in Liverpool's last fixtures of the season, including the 2018 UEFA Champions League final. Overall, He made 31 appearances across the season for Liverpool.
- In February 2019, he underwent surgery in an attempt to assist his recovery from the injury. Regaining fitness in April, He made a substitute appearance for Liverpool in the 2019 UEFA Champions League Final, which the club won.
Is Joe Gomez married or not?
Reflecting on his personal life, Joe was not married but engaged to his long-term girlfriend makes fiancee, Tamara. The pair live together in Formby, on the outskirts of Liverpool. Together, they had a son named Kyrie who is born in 2018. Presently, the pair living blissful life without rumors of separation.
How much is Joe Gomez's worth?
Being a soccer player, Joe earns a decent amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the sports industry. Based on some online sources, he has an annual salary of £1,456,00 with a weekly wage of £28,000 at present. However, his estimated net worth is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Joe Gomez?
Observing his body statistics, Joe stands a height of 6 feet 2 inches and weighs around 77 Kg. She has a pair of black eyes and hair color. Similarly, he used 11.5 (UK) shoe sizes and his biceps size is 16.5. Further, his body measures 43-33-35 inches.