Joe Ingles - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Salary, Contract, Family, Nationality, Facts, Awards, Height, Weight, Parents, Current Team, Career, Position
Joseph Howarth Ingles, professionally known as Joe Ingles is an Australian professional basketball player for the Utah Jazz of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He joined Utah Jazz in 2014. He is most famous as a member of European teams like Maccabi Tel Aviv BC, with whom he won the 2013-2014 European championship. He also won the 2011 and 2013 FIBA Oceania titles with the Australian national team. He previously attended the Australian Institute of Sport and became the NBL Rookie of the Year in 2007. In 2006, Joe became the first-ever signee of the South Dragons in the National Basketball League. As well, he was part of the Australian Basketball team that won bronze at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Additionally, Ingles suffered a non-contact knee injury and exited the game during a 106-126 blowout loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves on 20th January 2022.
Joe Ingles suffers torn ACL in the left knee
Joe Ingles is out for the season after an MRI showed he has suffered a torn ACL in his left knee, the team announced. He suffered no other structural damage to his knee and surgery on the injury will take place in the next several weeks. Ingles suffered the injury in Sunday's 126-106 road loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves. His left knee appeared to buckle as he drove to the basket with 5:52 remaining in the second quarter and he was eventually was helped off the court but wasn't putting any weight on his left leg. The Target Center crowd went silent as Jazz teammates and staff surrounded Ingles.
After the game, the team announced Ingles would undergo an MRI on Monday to ascertain the extent of the injury. Wojnarowski later reported the Jazz are concerned Ingles' injury is "significant." "I feel bad for him," said Utah assistant head coach Alex Jensen, who was filling in for head coach Quin Snyder due to Snyder being in Health and Safety Protocols. "Hopefully it's better than we all think."
What is Joe Ingles Famous For
- Being an Australian professional basketball player.
- For being a member of European teams like Maccabi Tel Aviv BC.
Where is Joe Ingles from?
Joe Ingles took birth on 2nd October 1987 with the real name of Joseph Howarth Ingles in Adelaide, South Australia. He is of Australian nationality and he came from Australian-white ethnic background. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is white. Joe's present age is 34 which he celebrated back in 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Libra. He is the son of his father Tim Ingles and his mother Lynne Ingles. He also has one sibling named Megan Ingles.
Regarding Joe's education, he attended Springbank Secondary College and attended both Lake Ginninderra College and the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) in Canberra with future Boomers teammates Brad Newley and Patty Mills.
Joe Ingles Basketball Career Timeline
South Dragons (2006-2009)
Joe Ingles kicks off his career by signing a multi-year deal with the South Dragons of the National Basketball League on 17th March 2006, becoming the very first player to sign with the club.
He made league history by scoring the most points by an Australian on debut - 29, on 11-of-15 shooting from the field in the Dragons' debut game. In 34 games in 2006-2007, he averaged 15.3 points, 4.9 rebounds, and 3.0 assists per game.
He played in 30 games for the Dragons, averaging 15.4 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 4.9 assists per game in 2007-2008.
He helped lead the Dragons to the minor premiership while earning All-NBL Third Team honors in 2008-2009 and went on to help the Dragons win their maiden NBL championship with a 3-2 grand final series victory over the Melbourne Tigers.
In 38 games for the club in 2008-2009, he averaged 13.1 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game whereas in 102 games for the Dragons over three seasons, Ingles averaged 14.5 points, 5.0 rebounds, and 3.7 assists per game.
- Ingles signed with Spanish club CB Granada of the Liga ACB in July 2009.
- Joe transferred from Granada to FC Barcelona in November 2010, signing a three-year deal with the club where he recorded 10 points and 2 steals in an 80-87 loss to the Caja Laboral in his first career game with FC Barcelona.
- He announced in June 2013 that he would not re-sign with Barcelona for the 2013-2014 season.
Maccabi Tel Aviv (2013-2014)
- Ingles signed with Israeli club Maccabi Tel Aviv on 24th July 2013 after which he and Maccabi, led by head coach David Blatt, went on to win the 2013-2014 EuroLeague championship.
Utah Jazz (2014-present)
- Ingles was acquired by the Utah Jazz on 27th October 2014 where he made his NBA debut two days later, playing four minutes but only had a missed three-point attempt in a loss to the Houston Rockets.
- He recorded his first two NBA points in a loss to the Dallas Mavericks and re-signed with the Jazz to a multi-year contract on 10th July 2015.
- He scored a season-high 14 points in a loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on 26th December 2015 and topped that season-high on 17th March 2016 with 15 points and career-high six steals in a 103-69 win over the Phoenix Suns.
- He scored a career-high 20 points in a 102-96 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies on 14th November 2016 and topped that mark on 8th December 2016, scoring 21 points while hitting a career-high five 3-pointers in a 106-99 loss to the Golden State Warriors.
- In 2016-2017, he recorded the best three-point percentage (.441) by a Jazz player since Kyle Korver set an NBA record (.536) in 2009-2010, and became the first Jazz player in franchise history to shoot at least .441 from beyond the arc with at least 270 attempts.
- Ingles re-signed with the Jazz to a multi-year contract on 25th July 2017 and hit a career-high six 3-pointers and scored 20 points in a 129-99 win over the Golden State Warriors on 0th January 2018.
- He recorded the first double-double of his NBA career with 11 points and 10 assists in a 104-84 win over the Indiana Pacers on 7th March 2018 and became the first Jazz player to make 200 3-pointers in a season on 5th April 2018, in a 117-95 win over the Clippers.
- He scored a career-high 27 points with a career-best seven 3-pointers in a 116-108 win, helping Utah tie the series at 1-1 in Game 2 of the Jazz's second-round series against the Houston Rockets.
- He scored 27 points with seven 3-pointers in a 124-123 loss to the Golden State Warriors on 19th October 2018 and scored 19 points and became the seventh Jazz player with 500 3-pointers in a 110-100 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies on 2nd November of the following year.
- Ingles made his 530th 3-pointer, tying Darrell Griffith for fourth on Utah's career list on 28th November, in a 101-91 win over the Brooklyn Nets.
- He recorded a career-high 14 assists to go with 11 points and nine rebounds in a 115-100 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on 27th March as well as he tied a career-high with 27 points on six 3-pointers in a 118-97 win over the Suns on 3rd April.
- Subsequently, he agreed to a 1-year $14 million extension with Jazz on 21st October 2019 that will keep him under contract through 2021-2022.
- On 29th January, he knocked down his 846th 3-pointer, surpassing John Stockton for the most three-pointers made in franchise history, and finished as the runner-up for NBA Sixth Man of the Year behind Jazz teammate Jordan Clarkson.
- Joe suffered a non-contact knee injury and exited the game during a 106-126 blowout loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves on 20th January 2022.
National team career
- Joe Ingles made his Olympic debut for the Australian Boomers at the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympic Games as well as he played the entire last quarter of the game, scoring 11 points on 100% shooting from the field, while also recording two rebounds and one assist in Australia's final match, a 116-85 loss to the United States.
- He averaged 10.3 points, 3.0 rebounds, and 2.2 assists in six games at the 2010 FIBA World Championship and at the 2012 London Olympics, Ingles again played well and was the second-highest scorer for the Boomers after Patty Mills.
- Ingles finished with averages of 15.0 points, 5.0 rebounds, and 4.2 assists per game in six games as well as averaged 11.4 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 3.4 assists in six games at the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup.
- Furthermore, he also scored the first basket for Australia.
Awards and Achievements
- EuroLeague champion (2014)
- Israeli League champion (2014)
- Israeli Cup champion (2014)
- 2× Spanish League champion (2011, 2012)
- 2× Spanish Supercup champion (2011, 2012)
- Catalan League champion (2012)
- NBL champion (2009)
- 2× NBL All-Star (2006, 2008)
- All-NBL Third Team (2009)
- All-NBL Domestic Players Second Team (2008)
- NBL Rookie of the Year (2007)
- 2× Gaze Medal winner (2009, 2012)
Who is Joe Ingles married to?
Joe Ingles is a married man. He has been married to Australian netballer Renae Ingles in 2015. The couple is blessed with twins children, a boy, and a girl, born in the northern hemisphere summer of 2016. In November 2019, they have also welcomed their third child, a son named Jacob, who was diagnosed with autism, and Ingles has since been an advocate for autism awareness. Concerning Joe's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Joe Ingles Net Worth?
Joe Ingles is a versatile guy who has a net worth of $30 million as of 2022. In 2017, he signed a 4-year contract worth $52 million with Utah Jazz, which includes a guaranteed $50 million. As of 2018, Ingles has made over $35 million from his NBA career. He also earns a handsome amount of salary which is around $13 million per year. In addition, his major source of income is from his basketball playing career and he is sincere in his work. Joe has not done endorsement work for any brands yet.
What is the Height of Joe Ingles?
Joe Ingles stands at a tall height of 6 ft 8 in (2.03 m) with a balanced bodyweight of 220 lb (100 kg). He has light brown hair and dark brown eyes color. Joe has maintained his shape over the years with regular exercise it seems. Moreover, his body build type is athletic. He has also inked beautiful tattoos of his wife's and both his kid's name on the wrist.
Trivias About Joe Ingles You Need To Know.
- Joe is famous as a member of European teams like Maccabi Tel Aviv BC, with whom he won the 2013-2014 European championship.
- He also won the 2011 and 2013 FIBA Oceania titles with the Australian national team.
- In 2014, he joined the Utah Jazz.
- He attended the Australian Institute of Sport and became the NBL Rookie of the Year in 2007.
- In 2006, he became the first-ever signee of the South Dragons in the National Basketball League.