Joe Lycett - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Family, Parents, Girlfriend, Nationality, Sexuality, Height, Weight, Facts, Career, Tour, TV Shows, Wiki, Education
Joe Lycett is a British comedian, TV presenter as well as a writer. He is renowned for his appearance in television shows like "Live at the Apollo", "8 Out of 10 Cats", "Taskmaster", and "Never Mind the Buzzcocks". He was also established as the announcer on Saturday's BBC One show "Epic Win". He was the 2009 Chortle Student Comedian of the Year, the winner of Bath New Act competition in 2009, the runner-up in the 2009 Laughing Horse New Act of the Year, and a finalist in the 2011 BBC New Comedy Awards. In 2012, his debut stand-up show Some Lycett Hot was nominated for Best Newcomer at the Edinburgh Comedy Awards. In February 2020, he briefly changed his name by deed poll to Hugo Boss as part of a protest against the fashion brand of the same name. In the year 2021, he presented the television documentary "Joe Lycett vs the Oil Giant".
Travel Man: 96 Hours in Icelandreview: New Host Joe Lycett
Joe Lycett is joined by Bill Bailey to eat tomatoes and form a punk band in his debut as the new host of Channel 4's holiday show. But Ayoade fans may miss his trademark quirks. It has been two and a half years since the comedian Joe Lycett announced that he would be replacing Richard Ayoade as the host of Travel Man, the world's most sarky travel show. "Then," as he put it on Instagram, "some bits and bobs got in the way." But in amongst the various red lists and lockdowns Lycett has finally managed to do the traveling that a show about travel rather requires, and so here we are in a position to assess our new host in Travel Man: 96 Hours in Iceland (Channel 4). They had a whale of a time in Iceland, staying in a see-through bubble hotel, doing some local craft, visiting an earthquake simulator, browsing for knitwear, and giggling about "sudden bursts of wind." Admittedly, it was unfeasibly windy throughout, the whole 45 minutes soundtracked by frosty whooshings and things falling over. At times Iceland looked numinous; at times it looked like something from a Cormac McCarthy novel. On several occasions Bailey said, "This is great. Thanks for bringing me here Joe." It was impossible to tell if he was joking.
What is Joe Lycett known for?
- Being a British Comedian and TV Presenter.
- Being the narrator for "Ibiza Weekender" and as the presenter on BBC Two's "The Great British Sewing Bee" and Channel 4's consumer rights show, "Joe Lycett's Got Your Back".
- For appearing in "Live at the Apollo", "Never Mind the Buzzcocks" among others.
Where is Joe Lycett From? Know About His Parents, Nationality, and Education
Joe Lycett was born on 5th July 1988 with the birthname of Joe Harry Lycett. He was born and raised in Hall Green, Birmingham, England. He is of British ethnicity and he holds British-White nationality. About his parents, he was born to his father, David Lycett, and his mother, Helen Lycett. There are no details regarding his siblings. He celebrated his 33rd birthday as of 2021. Leo is his Zodiac sign and he follows the Christianity religion.
Focusing on his education, Lycett attended King Edward VI Five Ways School, and then he went to attend the University of Manchester to study Drama and English. He was awarded the 2009 Chortle Student Comedian of the Year.
Joe Lycett Career Timeline
- Joe Lycett's career journey began in the year 2009 and he is still active in it. He was the 2009 Chortle Student Comedian of the Year, the winner of Bath New Act competition in 2009, the runner-up in the 2009 Laughing Horse New Act of the Year, and a finalist in the 2011 BBC New Comedy Awards.
- He made his debut stand-up show "Some Lycett Hot" in the year 2012.
- Next, he appeared on stage alongside Jim Davidson at the age of 22. Jim Davidson is known for his offensive jokes, which have been described as both racist and homophobic, and Lycett complained about Davidson's use of the racial slur 'chink' in one of his jokes (which Davidson later removed).
- Later, Jim and Joe became friends while touring together.
- He made his TV appearance on "Live At The Apollo", "8 Out of 10 Cats", "8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown", "Celebrity Juice", "Never Mind the Buzzcocks", "Spicks and Specks", "Would I Lie to You?", "Insert Name Here Virtually Famous", and "Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps", and was a regular panelist on the E4 show "Dirty Digest".
- Also, he has written narration on ITV2 shows "The Magaluf Weekender" and "Ibiza Weekender".
- He has also been featured on "Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled" and also he starred as one of the contestants in the fourth series of "Taskmaster" making several guest appearances on "Sunday Brunch".
- He has been a guest on the radio on Scott Mills, Greg James, and Nick Grimshaw's programs on 'BBC Radio 1' and on Richard Bacon's program on 'BBC Radio 5 Live'.
- He wrote and performed the short story "Spooky and the Van" in August 2011.
- He made his debut on "Just a Minute" on BBC Radio 4 in August 2013.
- Next, he took over from Miles Jupp as the host of "It's Not What You Know" in September 2016.
- Further, he was known as "the resident news hound" on Josh Widdicombe's XFM radio show, which was broadcast on Saturday (and later Sunday) mornings.
- Not only this but also he has featured as a guest on numerous podcasts, including "My Dad Wrote a Porno", "SoundCheck Podcast", "The Comedian's Comedian with Stuart Goldsmith", and the Richard Herring Leicester Square Theatre Podcast.
- He took over as the new presenter on the fifth series of BBC Two's "The Great British Sewing Bee" on 12th February 2019.
- In 2019, he started presenting his consumer show "Joe Lycett's Got Your Back". The series was also renewed for a second series. He describes the show as "a cross between Rogue Traders and RuPaul's Drag Race".
- He stood in for Rylan Clark-Neal on "Rylan on Saturday" on BBC Radio 2 on 17th August 2019 and 26th October 2019.
- He then changed his name by deed poll from Joe Lycett to Hugo Boss in February 2020 in response to a legal dispute between fashion company Hugo Boss and the Swansea-based Boss Brewing.
- He launched a fake fashion show in the second series of "Joe Lycett's Got Your Back" celebrating the release of a wrist brace under the name 'Hugo Boss' outside the flagship store of the fashion company with the same name in Regent Street, London. He also claims that Hugo Boss, the company, called the police following this incident and in April 2020, he changed his name back to his first name, Joe Lycett.
- After that, he presented the television documentary "Joe Lycett vs the Oil Giant" in the year 2021.
Is Joe Lycett Married or Dating Someone?
Joe Lycett is not married yet and he is still to get married. Therefore, he has no wife and children at present. He has not shared anything regarding his relationship, affairs, dating life, past girlfriend, and more to the media. He is very secretive when it comes to his personal life. He is enjoying his present life happily without any disturbances. His personal life isn't in the limelight as his career path is. He is successfully keeping his personal life far from the tabloids. Back in 2015, the star confirmed that he had tried out dating Apps in an attempt to meet someone. "I've tried Tinder," he revealed. However, he went on to say he wasn't very impressed with the casual nature of the App: "I'm not a very sexual kind of person. I'm emotional." He added that his parents had always been "supportive" of his LGBT status, but that "Mum worried I might get more problems in life because of my bisexuality but I think people are more liberal now."
Joe Lycett Sexuality
Joe Lycett frequently refers to his bisexuality and pansexuality as part of his stand-up routines. He has been described by Unicorn magazine as "probably the most high-profile pansexual man in Britain today". In a 2015 interview with Attitude magazine, however, he described how being bisexual "presents its own challenges," when people have "no box to put you in", adding "It just means you fancy people of all genders".
Joe Lycett Net Worth: How much is he making annually?
Joe Lycett is a brilliant comedian and TV presenter whose net worth is estimated to have $1 Million as of 2021. The majority of his money accruing over his years is from the entertainment industry, which includes the sale of his comedy DVDs, among other things. His annual salary is around $400K at present. Without a doubt, he is living a cool lifestyle as of today. His main source of wealth is from a comedian career as well as a TV career.
How tall is Joe Lycett and how much does she weigh?
Joe Lycett is a very cool man with an attractive personality. He stands tall at the perfect height of 6 ft with a balanced bodyweight of 82 Kg. His hair color is golden brown and he has a pair of blue eyes. His body type is athletic. His shoe size is 8 US. His other body measurement details have not been revealed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming smile.
Trivias About Joe Lycett You Need To Know.
- Lycett has been a supporter of West Bromwich Albion since 2012.
- He was awarded the 2009 Chortle Student Comedian of the Year.
- He co-wrote narration for the ITV 2 series The Magaluf Weekender as a writer.
- He was known as "the resident news hound" while reporting on Josh Widdicombe's XFM radio show.
- In February 2020, Lycett briefly changed his name by deed poll to Hugo Boss as part of a protest against the fashion brand of the same name.