Joe Mixon - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Dating, Girlfriend, Family, Parents, Age, Height, Contract, Draft, Trade, College, Education, Facts, Wiki, Career
Joseph Tyler Mixon, professionally known as Joe Mixon is an American football player. He plays as a running back. The Cincinnati Bengals drafted him 48th overall in the 2017 NFL Draft. He signed a four-year contract extension with the Bengals in September 2020. He faced assault charges in 2014 after he punched and broke the jaw of a woman. He played college football at the University of Oklahoma.
He has over 164k followers on his Instagram@joemainmixon.
What is Joe Mixon Famous For?
- Drafted 48th overall by the Cincinnati Bengals.
Where is Joe Mixon From?
Joe Mixon was born on 24 July 1996. His birth name is Joseph Tyler Mixon. His birth place is in San Francisco, California in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He was born to a father, John Mixon, and a mother Alise Mixon. He has 3 sisters and 2 brothers. He belongs to African-American ethnicity and his religion is Christianity.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Freedom High School, where he started playing football and basketball. He rushed for 1,134 yards and 13 touchdowns as a sophomore on 171 carries. He rushed for 1,4434 yards and 21 touchdowns on 201 carries in his junior year and he rushed for 1,704 yards and 23 touchdowns on 226 carries in his final year at Freedom High School. He also played basketball at Freedom High School and averaged 12.2 points per game. He committed to the University of Oklahoma in January 2014.
He was suspended from the Oklahoma football team for the 2014 season after a misdemeanor assault charge in October 2014. He rushed for 753 yards and 7 touchdowns and 28 receptions for 356 yards and 4 touchdowns in the 2015 season. In the 2016 season, he rushed for 1,274 yards and 10 touchdowns and 37 receptions for 538 yards and 5 touchdowns in the 2016 season.
He forego his remaining two years of eligibility after the 2016 season and entered the 2017 NFL Draft.
Joe Mixon NFL
- The Cincinnati Bengals drafted him 48th overall in the second round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
- He signed a four-year contract worth $5.45 million with $2.81 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $2.10 million in June 2017.
- Mixon made his NFL debut in a 20-0 loss to the Baltimore Ravens on 10 September 2017. He recorded 8 rushes for nine yards and three receptions for 15 yards.
- He recorded over 100 scrimmage yards (18 rushings and 91 receiving) for the first time his career in Week 8 fixture against the Indianapolis Colts.
- He led the NFL in Week 12 with a career-best 114 rushing yards against Cleveland, along with a touchdown and 51 yards receiving.
- He finished his rookie season with 626 rushing yards, four rushing touchdowns, 30 receptions, and 287 receiving yards.
- Mixon started the 2018 season with 95 rushing yards, a rushing touchdown, and 5 receptions for 54 yards in a 34-23 victory over the Indianapolis Colts.
- He injured his knee during the Week 2 match and was sidelined for a couple of matches.
- He returned to football in Week 5 against the Miami Dolphins.
- He finished the 2018 season leading the AFC in rushing yards.
- He recorded 1,168 rushing yards and 8 touchdowns and 296 receptions for 296 receiving yards, and 1 receiving touchdown.
- He finished the 2019 season with 1,137 rushing yards and 5 touchdowns and 35 receptions for 287 receiving yards and 3 receiving touchdowns.
- He signed a four-year contract extension with the Bengals worth $48 million on 1 September 2020.
Joe Mixon Legal Issues
While at the University of Oklahoma in 2014, Mixon faced assault charges after he punched a woman named Amelia Molitor in Norman, Oklahoma on 25 July 2014. The woman had broken bones in her face and had to undergo surgery. Mixon told police that Molitor's friend had directed a racial slur at him. Mixon received a one-year deferred sentence and was ordered to undergo counseling along with 100 hours of community service. He was also suspended from the 2014 season at Oklahoma.
Molitor later filed a lawsuit in the federal court against Mixon in July 2016. The lawsuit was settled in April 2017.
He was suspended for one game by coach Bob Stoops in 2016 after he was involved in an incident with a parking attendant.
Joe Mixon Wife
Joe Mixon is unmarried. No personal information about his is available. More details will be updated soon.
Joe Mixon Height
Joe Mixon stands at a height of 1.85 m i.e. 6 feet and 1 inch tall. He has a body weight of 220 lbs i.e. 100 kg. He has an athletic body build. His sexual orientation is straight.
Joe Mixon Net Worth
Joe Mixon earns from his professional career as a football player. His income comes from salary, contracts, and endorsements. He currently plays for the NFL team Cincinnati Bengals. After he was drafted by the Bengals in the 2017 NFL Draft, he signed a four-year contract worth $5.45 million with $2.81 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $2.10 million. In September 2020, he signed a contract extension with the club worth $48 million. His annual salary is estimated at $12 million. His net worth is estimated at $5 million.
Trivias About Joe Mixon You Need To Know.
- Rivals.com ranked him a five-star recruit and the top-ranked running back in the nation following his high school graduation.
- He received 47 offers from several universities and chose to play college football at the University of Oklahoma.
- While he entered the 2017 NFL Draft, he was ranked the fifth-best running back by NFLDraftScout.com, the fourth-best by Sports Illustrated, and the third-best back by Pro Football Focus.
- Due to his prior history, he was declined by the NFL to the NFL Scouting Combine.
- He was the fourth running back to be selected in that year's draft.
- He wears shirt number 28 at the Cincinnati Bengals.