Joe Tessitore - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Wife, Married, Family, Parents, Nationality, Age, Height, Wiki, Awards, Career, Facts, College, Football, Kids
Joe Tessitore is an American sportscaster. He is best known for his outstanding sportscasting work for college football at ESPN and ABC. He was also the play-by-play broadcaster of Monday Night Football, alongside Las Vegas Raiders tight end Jason Witten in 2018, and analyst Booger McFarland in 2019. He is widely regarded as one of the most versatile broadcasters at the Network. He has been the voice for the top-selling series of boxing video games, ''Fight Night'' since 2004.
He is also active in social media platforms with around 18.9k followers on his Twitter account: @JoeTessESPN.
What is Joe Tessitore famous for?
- His outstanding sportscasting work for college football at ESPN and ABC.
Where is Joe Tessitore from?
Joe Tessitore was born in Schenectady, New York, the USA on January 1, 1971. his birth name is Joseph William Tessitore. He was born in an upper-middle-class family. However, there is no information about his parents. He has two sisters named Dana Tessitore and Lea Tessitore.
He holds an American nationality and belongs to the White ethnicity. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. He believes in Christianity.
Regarding his education, he attended the Christian Brothers Academy in Albany, New York. He then enrolled at the Carroll School of Management at Boston College and earned a degree in Marketing in 1993.
Joe Tessitore Career Highlights
- Joe Tessitore began his broadcasting career at the KXAS-TV, an NBC affiliate in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.
- In 1994, he joined WRGB in Albany, New York.
- In the following year, he joined WFSB (CBS) in Hartford, Connecticut, and took over the primary sports anchor role in 1997.
- In February 2002, Tessitore began calling boxing on ESPN as part of Tuesday Night Fights and Friday Night Fights. Later on, he has appeared on ESPN College Football and college basketball broadcasts.
- He has covered a wide array of sporting events for ESPN and is also a featured contributor for ESPN.com.
- He was also the lead broadcaster along with Monday Night Football for college basketball's Super Tuesday on ESPN, and the SEC Basketball Tournament, where he was paired with Dick Vitale and Sean Farnham,
- Tessitore spent many years anchoring ABC/ESPN Horse Racing presentations including The Belmont Stakes and The Breeders Cup World Championships.
- In 2008, he was leading the ABC broadcast team when undefeated colt big Brown failed to win horse racing's Triple Crown.
- In 2011, he was the executive producer of the ESPN Film, ''Roll Tide, War Eagle''.
- In 2012, Joe was the consulting producer on ESPN's award-winning documentary film, ''30 for 30''.
- In 2015, he was trackside anchoring Sportscenter's weeklong coverage of American Pharoah's history-making win.
- Tessitore was the lead play-by-play broadcaster for ESPN's Saturday Night College Football Primetime Game and the College Football Playoff.
- He also served in the play-by-play role for ESPN's Thursday Night Football and was the host of SEC Nation paired with Tim Tebow and Paul Finebaum,
- He hosted ESPN's College Football Final, College Football Live, and various Sportscenter specials. He is also the host of ESPN's extensive coverage of National Signing Day.
- He has been the broadcaster of multiple Orange Bowls, the Peach Bowl, and the Sugar bowl broadcast team.
- He has worked play-by-play for the BCS Championship on ESPN 3D and is the lead broadcaster for ESPN's Megacast edition of College Football's National Championship Games.
- He has been the voice for the top-selling series of boxing video games, ''Fight Night'' since 2004 which created by EA Sports. He also played in three national commercials for Dr. Pepper.
- He has voiced in several feature films including ''Annapolis'', ''The Break-Up'', and numerous TV programs.
- Tessitore became the co-host along with Mike Greenberg of ABC's ''Battle of the Network Stars'' in 2017.
- In 2019, Tessitore became the head play-by-play commentator for ABC’s sports reality competition, ''Holey Moley''.
Joe Tessitore Awards and Achievements
- On January 18, 2010, Joe Tessitore accepted an Eclipse Award on behalf of his ESPN production team for their Belmont Stakes broadcast on ABC.
- On June 4, 2010, Tessitore honored with the prestigious Sam Taub Award by the Boxing Writers of America for Broadcast Excellence.
Who is Joe Tessitore married to?
Joe Tessitore is a married man. He is married to his long-term girlfriend, Rebecca Tessitore. However, he has not specified his marriage exact date. The couple blessed with two children, a son named John Tessitore and a daughter named Nicolina Tessitore. The couple shares strong love and relation with each other. Currently, they live in Connecticut with their children.
How tall is Joe Tessitore?
Joe Tessitore is a handsome guy in his 50s. He has an average body build. He stands at 1.75m (5 feet and 9 inches). However, his weight and other body measurements are unknown. His hair color is Brown and his eye color is also Brown. His sexual orientation is Straight.
What is the Net Worth of Joe Tessitore?
Joe Tessitore has earned a good amount of money from his profession as a Sportscaster. He has an estimated net worth of $5 million as of the year 2021. He makes around $100k per annum as his salary. However, his other earnings are under review.