Last updated on August 6th, 2023 at 04:51 am
Facts About Joel Matip
|Celebrated Name||Joel Matip|
|Age||31 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Job Joel Andre Matip|
|Place Of Birth||Bochum, Germany|
|High School||Gesamtschule Berger Feld|
|Famous For||Being a Cameroonian professional footballer.|
|Best Known For||For playing as a centre back for Premier League club Liverpool|
|Awards||PFA Player of the Month: September 2019 CAF Team of the Year: 2019|
|Source of Wealth||Football career|
|Net Worth||$16 Million|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Current Team||Liverpool FC|
Job Joel Andre Matip is popularly known as Joel Matip is a professional footballer, usually plays as a Defender(center back) for Premier League club Liverpool and the Cameroon national team. From the year 2009, he began his professional career with Schalke 04 and he was part of their teams that won the DFB-Pokal and DFL-Supercup in the year 2011. He represented his father's Cameroon at international level and played for them at the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations and the FIFA World Cups of 2010 and 2014. He is a very talented player.
Gossips and Rumors
The Cameroonian, Joel Matip has been unlucky with injuries since his move to Merseyside but has always seemed guaranteed of a starting spot when fit. He’d been predicted to form a formidable partnership with van Dijk, but a thigh injury, that required surgery, ruled him out of the rest of last season, leaving Dejan Lovren to partner the Dutchman.
- Being the best Defender.
Early Life of Joel
On 8th August 1991, Joel Matip was on born in Bochum, Germany. Matip was born to a German mother and former Cameroonian footballer Jean Matip. He has both Cameroon and Germany citizenship. H began his career with SC Weitmar 45 before joining VfL Bochum in 1997. After three years in VfL Bochum's youth teams, he was scouted by Schalke 04 in July 2000. He is the son of Eva-Maria and Jean Matip. He also has a brother named Marvin. His sun sign is Leo. His nationality is Cameroonian. His ethnicity is Black.
Moving towards his education, he has not spoken about his educational qualification to the media.
Body Features of Joel
Joel has got a very sexy and attractive body figure. Talking about his height and weight, he stands at an impressive height of 6 feet 5 inches and weighs in at 89 kg. He has a balanced weight and a healthy body. His hair color and eye color, both is Black. His other body measurement such as bicep size, hip size will be updated soon. He attracts a lot of people from his charming smile.
Career of Joel
- Joel started his career from the club, SC Weitmar 45 in the year 1997.
- After that, he joined FC Schalke 04 in July 2000 and made his professional debut on 17th October 2009 in a Regionalliga against 1. FC Saarbrucken.
- He made his Bundesliga debut for Schalke on 7th November 2009 against Bayern Munich.
- Later, he signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with Schalke 04 on 2nd March 2010 and later again in the year 2012 of a two-year contract.
- He then announced his shifting to Liverpool on 15th February 2016 and became the official player on 1st July 2016.
- He made his debut for Liverpool on 23rd August 2016 against Burton Albion and made his first goal for the club in a 4-2 Premier League win over Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.
- He was criticized for his poor performance against Newcastle United being deemed at fault for Newcastle's goal on 1st October 2017.
- In his 2017-2018 season, he scores his first goal over West Ham United at the London Stadium.
- On 27th January 2018, he scored an own goal in a 2-3 home defeat to West Bromwich Albion in the fourth round of the FA Cup.
- He suffered muscle injury in July 2018 during a tour of the United States but recovered to be named an unused substitute in a 2-0 away win over Crystal Palace on 20th August.
- On 4 August 2019, Matip scored Liverpool's goal in the 2019 FA Community Shield. Liverpool lost the game 5–4 on penalties.
- On 28 January 2021, Matip was substituted at half-time against Tottenham Hotspur, and it was revealed that he suffered ankle ligament injury and would miss the remainder of the 2020–21 season.
International career of Joel
- Joel was called for the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations but he later declined to take part in the tournament.
- He made his first appearance in the match against Italy and went on to play in the 2010 FIFA World Cup for Cameroon and he was also the part of Cameroon national football team for the 2014 FIFA World Cup where he played twice and scored against the host team Brazil.
- In the year 2017, he was selected for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations but rejected the call-up.
Net worth of Joel
The net worth of Joel is surely in millions as he is now a famous and well-recognized player. He is earning a good amount of money from his career. His net worth is estimated to have $3.3 Million as of 2018 and his exact salary is £70,000 per week as of 2018. His net worth is estimated to have $16 Million as of 2023 and his exact salary is 5,200,000 pound per week as of 2023. He is enjoying his life with the money he earns. His main source of income is from his football career. He is satisfied with his earning.
Affairs of Joel
Joel is not married yet and he is still single. There are no any rumors of Joel dating with a lady. He is enjoying his single life happily. Currently, he is focusing his career rather than being in a relationship.
Trivias About Joel Matip You Need To Know.
- Joel has an older brother who name is Marvin Matip. Marvin plays for the German side, Ingolstadt and also plays as a center back.
- He averaged a goal every 10 games while at Schalke 04 which is a decent return for a center half.
- Matip beat his current manager, Jurgen Klopp in a cup final when Schalke defeated Borussia Dortmund on penalties to win the 2011/12 DFL Supercup.