Last updated on August 24th, 2023 at 06:15 am
Facts About Joey Chestnut
|Celebrated Name||Joey Chestnut|
|Age||39 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Joseph Christian Chestnut|
|Place Of Birth||Fulton County, Kentucky|
|Residence||San Jose, California|
|Home Town||Vallejo, California|
|Height||6 feet 2 inches|
|Dress Size||4 US|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Net Worth||$1.5 Million|
|University||San Jose State University San Jose, California|
|Source of Wealth||From his profession and prized money|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Primarily, food is nature’s way of keeping us going. However, beyond eating and in the quest to have fun, humans began to search for other things food could be used for. The answer came in the form of a food eating contest which is where Joey Chestnut comes in. One man who has made a name for himself in the unique niche of binge eating is Joey Chestnut. He is the record holder of many food eating contests. An American competitive eater is named for Joey Chestnut who is currently ranked first in the world by Major League Eating. He is currently residing in San Jose, California, in the USA. On 4th July 2020, he won his 13th title at Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest, eating a record-breaking 75 hot dogs and buns in ten minutes. To learn more about the world's greatest food eater, read below.
Competitive hotdog eaters nearing the limit of human performance
A sports science study says "A maximum of 84 hotdogs in 10 minutes is possible". Whereas a scientific analysis suggests competitive eaters have come within nine hotdogs of the limits of human performance. The theoretical ceiling has been set at 84 hotdogs in 10 minutes. The current world record, set by Joey "Jaws" Chestnut earlier this month, stands at 75. James Smoliga, a sports medicine specialist at High Point University in North Carolina who authored the research, described 84 hotdogs as "the maximum possible limit for a Usain Bolt-type performance".
Where is Joey Chestnut born?
Back in his early life, Joey was born on 25th November 1983 in Vallejo, California, and currently resides in San Jose, California. Not a lot is known about Joey Chestnut’s family. He was raised alone by his mother after his father left when he was just a 2-year-old. There are no records of him having siblings. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is American-White. His race is White. He is Christian by religion and his horoscope sign is Sagittarius. He celebrated his 36th birthday as of 2019.
Concerning his education, Chestnut is a graduate at San Jose State University in the year 2012. Chestnut first dove into the world of competitive eating in 2005 while he was a University student.
What is the profession of Joey Chestnut?
- Chestnut entered the competitive eating scene in 2005 with a break-out performance in the deep-fried asparagus eating championship, in which he beat high-ranked eater Rich LeFevre by eating 6.3 pounds of asparagus in 11.5 minutes. That same year, during Nathan's Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest, he downed 32 dogs, placing third behind Takeru Kobayashi and Sonya Thomas.
- On 24 March 2008, Chestnut set a new record at The Big Texan Steak Ranch restaurant in Amarillo, Texas by eating a meal of 72-ounce ribeye steak, salad, baked potato, shrimp cocktail, and roll in just 8 minutes 52 seconds. Shortly after, on his show on KKLA, Frank Pastore, the previous record holder, congratulated Chestnut.
- In the early 2010s, he used to work in construction management.
- In 2012, after winning his sixth consecutive hot dog eating contest in 2012 by eating 68 hot dogs, he stated, “I will not stop until I reach 70. This sport isn’t about eating. It’s about to drive and dedication, and at the end of the day, hot dog eating challenges both my body and my mind.”
- Chestnut is the Michael Jordan or Rocky Marciano of Major League Eating. He holds a whopping 49 eating records per the MLE. Chestnut consumed 185 Catalina croquetas in eight minutes, 28.5 canteen sandwiches in 10 minutes, 43 pepperoni rolls in 10 minutes and 52 4-ounce mutton sliders in 10 minutes.
- He used to work in construction management in the early 2010s, but in 2016 that made the switch when he saw the amount of money he could make. He is able to focus completely on competitive eating at this point in his career.
- In 2018, Chestnut competed in The Amazing Race 30 alongside fellow competitive eater Tim Janus. On July 4, Chestnut won his 11th title at Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest with a new record of 74 hot dogs.
- On July 4, 2019, Chestnut won his 12th title at Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest, eating 71 hot dogs.
- He won his 13th title at Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest, eating a record-breaking 75 hot dogs and buns in ten minutes on 4th July 2020.
What are the achievements of Joey Chestnut?
- Deep-Fried Asparagus Eating Championship in Stockton, California, May 2014: 12.8 lbs. deep-fried asparagus in 10 minutes.
- Pork ribs: 13.76 pounds pork rib meat in 12 minutes at John Ascuaga's Nugget Casino Resort during the Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off in Sparks, Nevada on August 28, 2013.
- Steak: 4.5 pounds of steak, plus sides, in 8 minutes, 52 seconds at Big Texan Steak Ranch on March 24, 2008. Chestnut's record was broken on Monday, May 26, 2014, by competitive eater Molly Schuyler.
- (Hot Dogs) Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs and buns (HDB): 69 HDB in 10 minutes during the Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest in Coney Island, New York on July 4, 2013. This record is backed by MLE and shared with Takeru Kobayashi. This beat by 1 the record he set in Nathan's event in 2009 and tied in 2012.
- Matzoh Balls: 78 matzoh balls in 8 minutes at Kenny & Ziggy’s New York Delicatessen Restaurant in Houston, Texas on March 2, 2008
- Bratwurst: 70 bratwursts in 10 minutes at Oktoberfest Zinzinnati in Cincinnati, OH on September 22, 2013.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs: 141 hard-boiled eggs in 8 minutes at the Radcliff Fall Festival in Radcliff, KY on October 5, 2013.
- Pork Roll: 32 quarter-pound pork roll sandwiches in 10 minutes at the Trenton Thunder World Famous Case's Pork Roll Eating Championship in Trenton, NJ on September 26, 2015.
Is Joey Chestnut married or not?
Not much is known regarding his dating life, past affairs or current one too. He is believed to have not been married/ divorced till now, thus no questions regarding his wife or children. It seems like he didn’t have many girlfriends in the past because the media doesn’t have information regarding any such affairs. But that doesn’t mean that he is sexually gay, as many have accused him to be.
Although Joey proposed to his long-term girlfriend, Neslie Ricasa, in 2014 and the lady said yes, the couple were unable to make it to the altar. They broke up in 2015. Joey is currently believed to be single. He is enjoying his present life happily now. He seems to be focusing on his career rather than spending his valuable time making girlfriends/being in a relationship. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much net worth Joey Chestnut owns?
As a holder of many records and winner of multiple competitions, Joey Chestnut has made a lot of money from competition wins and his success has attracted endorsements and sponsorship from food-related brands. With all of this revenue, Joey has been able to build a net worth of $1.5 million as of 2020. According to Celebrity Net Worth, top competitive eaters can easily make $500,000 a year between a combination of winnings and sponsorships. He is living a luxurious lifestyle at present and he is satisfied with his earnings.
How tall is Joey Chestnut?
Observing his body statistics, Joey stands a height of 6 feet 2 inches. Since the start of his competitive eating career, his competition weight has varied from 229 lb. He has blue eyes and brown hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. in the case of disclosed, we will let you know. Overall, he has got a healthy body with an average body build.
Trivias About Joey Chestnut You Need To Know.
- In 2009 he appeared on Man V. Food where he ate a 5-pound burrito called lguana's Burritozilla in 3 minutes and 10 seconds.