Facts About Joey Gallo
|Celebrated Name||Joey Gallo|
|Age||29 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Joey Gallo|
|Birth Name||Joseph Nicholas Gallo|
|Place Of Birth||Henderson, Nevada|
|Home Town||Las Vegas|
|High School||Bishop Gorman High School|
|University||Louisiana State University|
|Girl Friend||Shelbi Alyssa|
|Net Worth||$20 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Baseball Career|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Weight||107 KG or 235.9 lbs|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Joey Gallo is an American professional baseball outfielder, first baseman, and third baseman. He is currently playing for the Texas Rangers of Major League Baseball (MLB). In the year 2015, he made his MLB debut and he was also an All-Star in 2019 and 2021. The Texas Rangers selected Gallo in the first round, with the 39th overall selection, in the 2012 Major League Baseball draft. He started his professional career with the Arizona League Rangers, where he hit .293/.435/.733 with 18 home runs and 52 runs batted in in 150 at-bats over 43 games and was named a Post-Season AZL All-Star, a Topps Short-Season/Rookie All-Star, and the Topps AZL Player of the Year. On 9th April 2021, he became the only baserunner allowed by Padres starting pitcher Joe Musgrove in his no-hitter against the Rangers, getting hit by a pitch in the fourth inning. Recently, he participated in the 2021 Home Run Derby.
Who did Joey Gallo get traded for?
The Yankees are finalizing a deal to acquire Gallo and left-hander Joely Rodríguez from the Rangers in exchange for four prospects, sources told MLB.com's Mark Feinsand and Jon Paul Morosi on Wednesday. "That's a guy that you want in your clubhouse, a guy that shows up every day ready to play," Yankees outfielder Aaron Judge said. "He's going to fight until the very end. If that's true, and it comes true that we get him, I think it's going to be something special for our team." In exchange, the Rangers are set to receive: shortstop Josh Smith (Yankees' No. 14 prospects per MLB Pipeline); second baseman Ezequiel Duran (No. 15); second baseman/outfielder Trevor Hauver (No. 23); and right-hander Glenn Otto (No. 28). Gallo has hit 25 home runs this season, tied for fifth in the American League. His .379 on-base percentage is tied for sixth in the AL. A two-time All-Star, Gallo has compiled a slash line of .223/.379/.490 with 55 RBIs and a Major League-leading 74 walks in 95 games for Texas this year. His acquisition could have been the motivation behind a trade completed late on Tuesday, when the Yanks freed approximately $1.4 million and two 40-man roster spots by dealing pitchers Luis Cessa and Justin Wilson to the Reds for a player to be named later. Gallo is owed a little more than $2 million for the remainder of this season, which could keep the Yankees beneath the $210 million Competitive Balance Tax threshold even after adding the slugger.
What is Joey Gallo Famous For?
- Being an American Baseball Player.
- Being named MVP of the All-Star Futures Game in 2014.
Where is Joey Gallo From?
Joey Gallo took birth on 19th November 1993 in Henderson, Nevada, the USA. Whereas he grew up in Las Vegas which is his hometown. His real name or birth name is Joseph Nicholas Gallo. He played on youth baseball teams with Bryce Harper and Kris Bryant. Mike Bryant, Kris' father, was one of Gallo's coaches growing up. His father, Tony, from Brooklyn, New York, appeared in three games for the GCL Expos in 1974. His father was a pitching instructor. Details about his mother is unknown at a moment. He also has a sibling, a brother. As of 2020, he celebrated his 27th birthday. He holds American nationality and his ethnic background is American-White. His race is White. Scorpio is his Zodiac sign and he follows the Christianity religion.
About his education, Joey Gallo went to Bishop Gorman High School. He was the Nevada Gatorade Baseball Player of the Year alongside a High School All-American by MaxPreps, ESPNHS, and USA Today as a senior. Not only this but also he hit a Nevada high school record 67 career home runs in 446 at-bats, and during his senior year of high school he had a .509 batting average with 21 home runs and 80 runs batted in (RBIs) in 114 at-bats. Furthermore, he signed a National Letter of Intent to attend Louisiana State University (LSU) and play college baseball for the LSU Tigers.
How was the Baseball Career of Joey Gallo?
- Joey Gallo made his professional career when he was selected by the Texas Rangers in the first round, with the 39th overall selection, in the 2012 Major League Baseball draft.
- He then signed with the Rangers for a $2.25 million signing bonus and began his professional career with the Arizona League Rangers, where he hit .293/.435/.733 with 18 home runs and 52 runs batted in in 150 at-bats over 43 games and was named a Post-Season AZL All-Star, a Topps Short-Season/Rookie All-Star, and the Topps AZL Player of the Year.
- He was the Ranger's 10th-best prospect according to Baseball America before his 2013 season. He played the season with the Hickory Crawdads of the Class A South Atlantic League, leading the league with 38 home runs and 165 strikeouts in 392 at-bats, and was named a Mid-Season All-Star and a Post-Season All-Star.
- During his minor league season, he became the first teenager since Dick Simpson in 1962 to hit 40 home runs. He batted .251/.338/.623 with 40 home runs and 172 strikeouts in 411 at-bats between two minor league teams.
- He then started the 2014 season with the Myrtle Beach Pelicans of the Class A-Advanced Carolina League, batting .323/.463/.735.
- Between the two minor league teams, he batted .271/.394/.615 with 42 home runs and 179 strikeouts in 439 at-bats.
- He began the 2015 season with Frisco and was named a Mid-Season Texas South All-Star.
- He batted .240/.342/.520 with 23 home runs and 139 strikeouts in 321 at-bats between two minor league teams.
- He batted .204/.301/.417 with 6 home runs and 57 strikeouts in 108 at-bats during his 2015 season.
- He spent the majority of the season in the minors, appearing in only 17 games for the Rangers during his 2016 season. He had 19 strikeouts and one hit, a home run in the majors.
- He played multiple positions all season for the Rangers, finishing batting .209/.333/.537 (9th in the American League) with 196 strikeouts (2nd), 11.0 at bats per home run (2nd), 41 home runs (3rd), and 80 RBIs in 449 at bats in 2017.
- He had the highest fly ball percentage of all major league hitters (54.2%), the highest percentage of hard-hit batted balls in the majors (46.4%), and the lowest contact percentage on his swings in the major leagues (59.1%) for the season.
- In 2017, he hit the third-longest home run in MLB at 490 feet.
- He batted .206/.312/.498 with 12.5 at bats per home run (2nd) and hit 40 home runs (3rd) with 207 strikeouts (3rd), 74 walks (10th), and 92 RBIs in 500 at bats over 148 games in his 2018 season.
- He finished the 2019 campaign hitting .253/.389/.598/.986 with 22 home runs and 49 RBI over 297 plate appearances in 70 games.
- It was announced that Gallo had tested positive for COVID-19 on 6th July 2020. He finished the shortened season batting .181 and hit 10 home runs.
- He was the only baserunner allowed by Padres starting pitcher Joe Musgrove in his no-hitter against the Rangers, getting hit by a pitch in the fourth inning on 9th April 2021.
- Additionally, he was named to the 2021 MLB All-Star Game and he also participated in the 2021 Home Run Derby.
Awards and Achievements
- 2× All-Star (2019, 2021)
- Gold Glove Award (2020)
Joey Gallo MLB Career Stats
- Batting average:.211
- Home runs: 145
- Runs batted in317
Who is Joey Gallo Girlfriend?
Joey Gallo is not married yet but he is currently in a relationship with his girlfriend, Shelbi Alyssa. Shelbi is a professional dancer and she’s also pursuing her career in Journalism at San Diego State University. As of today, he is leading a happy life with her and the duo is planning to be husband and wife soon. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is Joey Gallo Net Worth?
Joey Gallo is a professional baseball player. As of 2021, the net worth of Joey Gallo is estimated to have between $20 Million. He is making an annual salary of $6,200,000 as per sources. His major source of wealth comes from his baseball career and he is living a lavish lifestyle from his career earnings. He has made the total career earnings of $12,062,765 from his last 7 seasons.
How tall is Joey Gallo?
Joey Gallo is a handsome man with the perfect height of 6 ft 5 in. His balanced bodyweight consists of 107 Kg or 235.9 lbs. His body type is average. He also has a black-colored natural beard which suits him well. He has a pair of light brown eyes and his hair color is black. Gallo's other body measurements such as chest size, waist size, and more is still to get revealed yet. It was announced that Gallo had tested positive for COVID-19 on 6th July 2020. After the delay of the 2020 Major League Baseball season due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Gallo stayed in his Dallas, Texas apartment, and set up a batting cage in his living room.
Trivias About Joey Gallo You Need To Know.
- Joey Gallo is playing for his current team, the Texas Rangers of Major League Baseball (MLB).
- In the year 2015, he made his MLB debut.
- He was also an All-Star in 2019 and 2021.
- The Texas Rangers selected Gallo in the first round, with the 39th overall selection, in the 2012 Major League Baseball draft.
- His real name is Joseph Nicholas Gallo.
- He played on youth baseball teams with Bryce Harper and Kris Bryant.
- His father was a pitching instructor.