John Collins - Bio, Net Worth, NBA, Hawks, Position, Stats, Suspended, Drug, Draft, Contract, Injury, Trade, Dating, Height, Parents, Age, Facts, Wiki
John Martin Collins III famed as John Collins is a famous professional basketball player. At present, he is playing for the Atlanta Hawks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). His playing position is Power forward. Previously, he played college basketball for the Wake Forest Demon Deacons. He led the team in field goal accuracy at 54.7% during his freshman year. Overall, he is a very talented player.
Hawks forward gave 25-game drugs ban
Atlanta Hawks forward John Collins has been suspended for 25 games for breaching the NBA's anti-doping rules. He tested positive for Peptide-2, a drug that increases the release of a growth hormone. He told that he plans to appeal against the suspension, which is set to begin when the Hawks face the San Antonio Spurs on Tuesday. "I am incredibly frustrated and disappointed in myself for putting all of us in this position," said Collins. He is the third NBA player to be given a 25-game ban for breaching drug regulations this season.
What is the birthplace of John Collins?
On 23rd September 1997, John Collins was born as John Martin Collins III. His birthplace is in Layton, Utah, the USA. As of 2018, he celebrated his 22nd birthday with his friends and families. He belongs to American nationality and his race/ethnicity is Mixed. He is Christian by faith. He was born to John Collins Jr. and Lyria Rissing-Collins. His father served in the Navy and his mother was in the Air Force. He spent his childhood in the Virgin Islands, Guam, and Turkey. Regarding his education, he went to attend Cardinal Newman High School in West Palm Beach, Florida. He signed a letter of intent to play college basketball at Wake Forest on 13th November 2014.
How tall is John Collins?
John Collins is a handsome hunk with an athletic body build. He has got a charming smile and glowing face attracting a lot of viewers towards him. He stands at the tall height of six feet nine inches with a balanced weight of 107 Kg. He has also tattooed in his body. On his left shoulder, there is a tribal tattoo. A totem is inked on his right forearm. Biceps are covered with Asian script. On his right shoulder is a Lion head with a war bonnet on it. There is an elephant head is on the inside of Collins’s right arm. Other body measurements including his chest size, biceps size and more will be updated soon as it has not been revealed. He maintains his body a lot by doing frequent exercises. Overall, he has got a decent body.
How was the career of John Collins?
- During his freshman, John Collins appeared in all 31 of his team's games where he led the team in field goal accuracy at 54.7%.
- He then led the team in scoring with 19.2 points per game in his sophomore year which earned him recognition as the ACC Most Improved Player and he was named first-team all-ACC.
- He then entered the 2017 NBA Draft, forgoing his final two years of eligibility.
- He was selected with the nineteenth overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by the Atlanta Hawks on 22nd June 2017.
- He signed a rookie-scaled deal with the Hawks on 1st July 2017.
- He earned All-Summer League First Team honors due to his performances with the Hawks, which gave him averages of 15.4 points, 9.2 rebounds, and 1.0 assists per game in 23.1 minutes of action in the five games he played there during 2017 NBA Summer League.
- In his third ever NBA game, he recorded his first career double-double with 14 points and 13 rebounds in a 116-104 loss to the Brooklyn Nets on 22nd October 2017.
- He played 36 minutes and scored a career-high 21 points in a 96-85 due to an injury to Luke Babbitt losing effort to the San Antonio Spurs. It was on the 20th of November 2017.
- He drew his first career start two days later against the Los Angeles Clippers.
- Later, the Hawks ended up losing 116-103, he impressed with 14 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, and 4 steals in a career-high 38 minutes.
- He suffered a shoulder injury and was expected to be out for 2 to 3 weeks and made his return on December 14 to play the Detroit Pistons, missing a total of six games.
- By the trade deadline on 8th February 2018, the Hawks had a losing record of 17-37.
- Due to an ankle injury, he missed games in March and later, he started for the Hawks the rest of the season.
- He had a solid rookie campaign, averaging 10.5 points and 7.3 rebounds on 57.6% shooting with 11 double-doubles.
- He was named to the NBA All-Rookie Second Team on 22nd May 2018.
- He recorded a career-high 35 points in a 121-101 win over the Chicago Bulls on 23rd January 2019.
- He scored 20 points and recorded a career-high 25 rebounds in a 135-134 loss to the Indiana Pacers in the Hawks' season finale on 10th April 2019.
- Recently, he was suspended by the NBA for 25 games without pay for violating the league's anti-drug policy on 5th November 2019.
- He tested positive for pralmorelin, a growth hormone-releasing peptide 2 (GHRP-2).
How much is John Collins's Net Worth?
At the age of twenty-two, John Collins has earned huge fame and money. This is just the starting point of the career and as of 2019, he has an estimated net worth of over about $4 million dollars. He made all these earning by himself and he deserved it all. He reportedly signed a rookie-scaled contract with Atlanta Hawks in the year 2017. He has an average salary of $2,299,080 dollars annually. So far he has made earnings of about $4 million dollars from his entire NBA career. He is sincere towards his playing career and he is satisfied with whatever he is receiving. He is living a luxurious life-style from his earnings.
Who is John Collins dating?
It is always interesting to discuss the relationship details of basketball players. Talking about the marital status of John Collins, he is not married yet and he is still to get married. He is young to get married. There are also no rumors and dating history of John in the past. So, due to this, he is assumed to be single. He has neither posted any pics of girlfriend nor revealed anything about his dating affairs. He has given all his dedication and time to play basketball rather than dating girls. He is living a happy life without any disturbances at present. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Trivias About John Collins You Need To Know.
- His playing position is Power forward.
- He played college basketball for the Wake Forest Demon Deacons.
- He led the team in field goal accuracy at 54.7% during his freshman year.