Last updated on August 17th, 2020 at 07:54 pm
Facts About John Corbett
|62 Years Old
|John Joseph Corbett
|Actor , Singer
|Place Of Birth
|Wheeling, West Virginia, U.S
|John Marshall Corbett
|Wheeling Central Catholic High School
|Being an American actor and "Country music" singer.
|Best Known For
|For his roles as Chris Stevens on CBS' "Northern Exposure" and as Aidan Shaw on HBO's "Sex and the City".
|Method Fest Independent Film Festival Award
|Source of Wealth
|Actor and music career
|6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
|98 kg or 216 lbs
John Joseph Corbett, popularly known as John Corbett is an American actor and country music singer. In acting, Corbett is best known for his roles as Chris Stevens on CBS comedy-drama series, Northern Exposure and as Aidan Shaw on HBO romantic comedy-drama series, Sex and the City. He has later starred in numerous films and television series. For his work in Dreamland, he won Best Supporting Actor award at the Method Fest Independent Film Festival. For his role in Northern Exposure, he was nominated for Emmy Award, Golden Globe Award, as well as Screen Actors Guild Award.
As a singer, he has released two country albums: John Corbett (2006) and Leaving Nothin' Behind (2013).
What is John Corbett Famous For?
- His roles as Chris Stevens on CBS comedy-drama series, Northern Exposure.
- His role as Aidan Shaw on HBO romantic comedy-drama series, Sex and the City.
Where is John Corbett From?
John Corbett was born on 9 May 1961. His birth name is John Joseph Corbett. His birth place is in Wheeling, West Virginia in the United States. He was born to a father, John Marshall Corbett, and a mother, Sandra "Sandy" Pavilack. His father is of part Irish descent and his mother was of part Russian Jewish descent. His nationality is American and he belongs to white ethnicity. Similarly, his religion is Christianity. He was raised Catholic. His zodiac sign is Taurus. His parents married in 1963 when John was two years old. He grew up with his mother and stepfather.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Wheeling Central Catholic High School. Following his high school graduation in 1979, he moved to Bellflower, California to live with his father and stepmother. He worked as a hydro tester at Kaiser Steel in Fontana for six years. He stopped working at a factory after he injured his back. He then enrolled in hairdressing classes at Cerritos College in Norwalk. He also studied acting there.
John Corbett Career
- Corbett landed a Samsung commercial and within three years, he starred in 50 national commercials.
- He kicked off his acting career from the movie, Someone to Watch Over Me in 1987 as an uncredited role.
- In 1988, he made his television debut in a guest role in the first season of ABC's comedy-drama series The Wonder Years. He was credited as Jack Corbett.
- He made his breakthrough as Chris Stevens in the CBS comedy-drama series Northern Exposure, where he appeared from 1990 to 1995.
- For his work in Northern Exposure, he was nominated for numerous awards including Golden Globe Award and Primetime Emmy Award.
- In 1997's short-lived Fox science fiction series, The Visitor, he played the leading role of Adam MacArthur.
- He played the love interest of Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker), Aidan Shaw, in the HBO comedy series Sex and the City from 2001 to 2002. For his role, he received his second Golden Globe Award nomination.
- He portrayed the male lead role of Ian Miller in the romantic comedy film My Big Fat Greek Wedding in 2002.
- He starred in the FX dark comedy series, Lucky, as professional poker player Michael "Lucky" Linkletter in 2003. He was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for his role.
- Similarly, in the same year, he also starred in the comedy-drama film, Raising Helen.
- Then he portrayed music teacher, Mr. Torvald, in the 2004 musical drama film Raise Your Voice.
- After three years, he had a starring role in the Pang brothers horror film The Messengers in 2007 and also starred Lifetime television film, Montana Sky in the following year and thriller movie Street Kings in 2008.
- In the same year of 2008, he reunited with his My Big Fat Greek Wedding and co-starred Nia Vardalos for the romantic comedy I Hate Valentine's Day in 2009.
- He also co-starred in the Brian Herzlinger-directed comedy film, Baby on Board in 2009.
- He co-starred in the Showtime comedy-drama series, United States of Tara from 2009 to 2011.
- He reprised his role as Aidan Shaw in the Sex and the City feature film sequel, Sex and the City 2 in 2010.
- He starred in the comedy film, Ramona and Beezus in the same year.
- In June 2011, he was inducted into the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- He had a recurring role as Seth Holt on the NBC drama series, Parenthood from 2011 to 2015.
- He appeared in a guest role in the two episodes of the CBS procedural drama series NCIS: Los Angeles as Special Agent Roy Haines in 2013.
- He portrayed teacher Mike Kersjes in the Hallmark television film based on the memoir of the same name, A Smile as Big as the Moon in 2012.
- He has also provided the voiceover for Applebee's television commercials and has been the voice for Walgreens' television and radio advertisements since 2012.
- Corbett appeared alongside Sarah Bolger in Jeff Probst's drama film, Kiss Me in 2014 and the following year he starred in the erotic thriller film, The Boy Next Door.
- He portrayed Josiah "Flash" Bacon in the FX comedy series Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll from 2015 to 2016.
- Fourteen years after My Big Fat Greek Wedding was released in 2016, then he returned for the sequel, My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2.
- He portrayed the main role of Michael Spurlock in the Steve Gomer-directed drama film All Saints in 2017.
- Then he had a guest-starring role as himself in the eighth and final season of IFC's comedy series, Portlandia.
- In 2018, he also starred in the film adaptation of Jenny Han's novel To All the Boys I've Loved Before and also in God's Not Dead: A Light in Darkness as lawyer Pearce Hill.
- He starred horror film, The Silence, with Miranda Otto and Stanley Tucci in 2019 and also starred in the drama film, Gully and in the horror sequel, 47 Meters Down: Uncaged.
- He starred in the teen romantic comedy film, To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You in 2020.
John Corbett Music Career
- Corbett signed a recording contract with Nashville-based country music label, Broken Bow Records in 2004.
- In April 2006, he released his self-titled debut album.
- The album's only single, "Good to Go", debuted at No. 48 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart and peaked at No. 21 on the "Independent Albums" chart.
- The album reached No. 45 on the Country Albums chart.
- Corbett was featured in Trisha Yearwood's music video for her single "This Is Me You're Talking To" in 2008.
- In January 2013, he released a second country album, Leaving Nothin' Behind.
John Corbett Wife
John Corbett has never been married in his life. However, he is not single. He has been in a longterm relationship with actress, Bo Derek. The couple met on a blind date and started dating soon. He does not have any children.
The couple has been together since 2002. They live on a ranch in Santa Ynez, California.
John Corbett Net Worth
John Corbett is a successful American actor and musician. He has earned his fortune from his career in the entertainment industry. Majoring of his income comes from his acting career. Having started his career in commercials, he later starred in numerous movies and tv shows. He has appeared in television commercials for Samsung, Ford Automobiles, Applebee, and Walgreen among several others. Besides acting, he has also earned part of his fortune from his singing career. As of 2020, his net worth is estimated at $9.5 million.
John Corbett Height
Moving towards his body measurement, Corbett stands at a height of 1.955 m tall i.e. 6 feet and 5 inches. He has a body weight of 216 lbs i.e. 98 kg. He has an average body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is dark brown as well. He has a dimple on his chin. His sexual orientation is straight.
Trivias About John Corbett You Need To Know.
- He started playing guitar at the age of 7.
- During his early career, he spent a year training to become an L.A. County Deputy Sheriff but ultimately failed the exams.
- He is a licensed hairstylist since 1986.
- He starred in the music video for the Scorpions single "Woman", opposite Karina Lombard in 1993.
- He plays guitar and piano.
- He is a dog lover and has two German Shepherds.
- He is also a horse lover and has four horses.