Last updated on August 11th, 2022 at 05:37 pm
Facts About John Derringer
|60 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|St. Michael's College School
|$1 Million - $5 Million
|Source of Wealth
|Thousands of Dollar
John Derringer is a Canadian radio personality for CILQ-FM (Q107) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada who is famous for hosting a weekday morning show, "Derringer In The Morning" but the show was suspended in May 2022. In May 2022, he was suspended from Q107 pending an investigation after several former employees of the station had accused him of misconduct and gender discrimination. He started his career as an operator at CFTR (AM) in Toronto, Canada which was followed by on-air work at CKJD in Sarnia, CFGO in Ottawa, and K97 in Edmonton, Q107 in the year 1984 to 1993, and host at CHOM-FM in Montreal, Quebec from the year 1993 to 1995, and more.
John Derringer suspended after allegations of abusive behavior from a co-host
Q107 host John Derringer has been suspended pending an investigation into what is being called abusive behavior towards former female co-hosts. Three days after former Q107 radio host Jennifer Valentyne made allegations of workplace harassment, Corus Entertainment Inc. has placed the station's "Derringer in the Morning" show on hiatus as it undergoes an ethics investigation. Three days after former Q107 radio host Jennifer Valentyne made allegations of workplace harassment, Corus Entertainment Inc. has placed the station's "Derringer in the Morning" show on hiatus as it undergoes an ethics investigation. On Sunday, Valentyne posted a 12-minute video to social media in which she described experiencing years of verbal abuse and gender discrimination by an unnamed co-worker. Valentyne says in the video, “What would you do if a co-worker screamed at you, belittled you, called you names, shut you out, brought you to tears, and then laughed when he told you to cry all you want? That he didn’t feel one bit sorry for you, and let you know with utter conviction that if you went to HR, they would choose him? ... Like so many women, I have put up and shut up." The Canadian Press made multiple attempts to contact Derringer for comment, but he did not respond. Derringer was off the air as of Tuesday morning and has not yet commented on the allegations. The ‘Derringer in the Morning‘ show page has been removed from Q107’s website.
What is John Derringer Known For?
- Being a radio personality.
- Being the host of the show "Derringer In The Morning".
What Nationality is John Derringer?
John Derringer was born on 21st September 1962 with the birth name of John Hayes. He is from Canada. Thus, he holds Canadian nationality and his ethnicity is Canadian-White. His race is White. He follows the Christianity religion and his zodiac sign is Pisces. There are no details regarding his parents and siblings details. He celebrated his 59th birthday as of 2021.
For his education, he attended St. Michael's College School.
John Derringer Career Timeline
- It was in 1979, that Derringer started his career as an operator at CFTR (AM) in Toronto, Canada.
- Then, it was followed by on-air work at CKJD in Sarnia, CFGO in Ottawa, and K97 in Edmonton.
- After that, he joined Q107 for the first time in the year 1984 and stayed until 1993.
- From the year 1993 to 1995, he was the morning host at CHOM-FM in Montreal, Quebec.
- Later, he went on to host "Jock and Roll", a 90-second segment that featured a pre-recorded interview with an athlete or a rock musician. This was syndicated to more than 20 radio stations throughout Canada.
- In 1995, he took over Bob McCown's morning show at Toronto's sports radio station The Fan 590. For more than five years, he hosted the Fan morning show.
- In the year 2000, he returned to CILQ-FM as the morning host.
- In the year 2005, he was one of the interview subjects on Paul McCartney's "The Space Within Us" DVD.
John Derringer Awards and Achievements
- In March 2012, Derringer received the Allan Waters Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Was inducted into the Canadian Broadcast Industry Hall of Fame at Canadian Music Week in Toronto.
- In 2012, he received the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Medal for his work with the Canadian Centre for Abuse Awareness.
- In 2016, Derringer has been named "Radio Personality of the Year" by Canadian Music Week 10 times.
- Was named "Favourite Toronto Radio Personality" by the Sun, Eye Weekly, "Now Magazine" and Top Choice Awards.
Who is John Derringer Wife?
John Derringer is a married man to his beautiful wife, Charlene Derringer. There is no details about their married date and wedding venue. His sexual orientaiton is straight and he is not gay. The happily married couple is enjoying their present life a lot without any disturbances. The duo is blessed with three children; daughters.
During Christmas 2015, the "Derringer's 13 Days of Christmas" fundraising campaign has raised almost $9 million for The Martin Kruze Memorial Fund and the Canadian Centre For Abuse Awareness. Back in the year 2004, he launched an all-day fundraising drive to benefit the family of Louise Russo, a 45-year-old mother-of-three who was hit by a stray bullet while ordering a sandwich at a Toronto restaurant on April 21, 2003. The bullet shattered his spine, leaving his paralyzed. The station raised CDN$218,000 for the family.
It was in 2003, that Justice Richard Schneider of the Ontario Court of Justice filed a lawsuit against Derringer seeking $3 million in damages for libel. On 29th May 2003, in an episode of Tool of the Day, he criticized the judge's ruling in a child pornography case involving a 20-year-old man. Justice Schneider sentenced the man to 9 months house arrest, with no jail time, a sentence Derringer declared too lenient. He later called Justice Schneider a "supposed Judge", and a "disgrace to our justice system." He later went on to say sterner penalties for child pornography would not come about until "a Justice like [Judge Schneider] is gonna have evidence brought into court in a case like that of Yong Jun Kim, and it's gonna be his kid being forced to perform fellatio on a man and sent around the world on the Internet". The Canadian Broadcast Standards Council (CBSC) later ruled that Derringer "made improper personal attacks on the judge", and that "[the] Derringer commentary also sanctioned or promoted possible personal attacks on the children of the judge". In response to the lawsuit and a complaint lodged with the CBSC by Justice Schneider's ex-wife, the radio station acknowledged Schneider's concerns while defending Derringer's actions as "without actual malice". In a letter to Schneider, CILQ-FM stated that "the Program, like many radio shows, can sometimes be controversial in nature and not for everyone's taste. However, many of Q107's core audience, which is mainly adults in the 25- to 54-year-old age group, in particular, men, find the Program humorous [sic]." Further, he issued an on-air apology and, following the CBSC's ruling, the station was required to broadcast a series of announcements regarding the contentious statements. He was criticized for supporting the Ontario chapters of the Hells Angels in an August 31, 2005 column for the Toronto Sun. In it, he dismissed recent media reports about the Hell's Angels as "filled with innuendo, lies, half-truths and complete fabrications." Recently, in May 2022, he was suspended from Q107 pending an investigation after several former employees of the station had accused him of misconduct and gender discrimination.
Derringer lives in nearby Aurora.
How much is John Derringer Net Worth?
John Derringer is a talented radio personality. As of 2022, the net worth of John Derringer is estimated to be $1 Million - $5 Million. His salary is $400K annually whereas he is making an annual salary of $32K at present. His main source of wealth comes from his radio personality. He is living a cool lifestyle and he is satisfied with his earnings.
How tall was John Derringer?
John Derringer is a cool man with an attractive personality attracting a lot of people towards him. He stands at the perfect height with a well-maintained body weight. His body type is average. His other body size is still to get disclosed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body at present.
Trivias About John Derringer You Need To Know.
- His birth name is John Hayes.
- In 1979, Derringer started his career as an operator at CFTR (AM) in Toronto, Canada.
- Pisces is his zodiac sign.
- He host a weekday morning show, "Derringer In The Morning" but the show was suspended in May 2022.