John Laurinaitis - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Brothers, Age, Height, Facts
John Laurinaitis is an American retired professional wrestler known by his ring name, Johnny Ace. At present, he serves as the general manager of talent relations of WWE. While active, he wrestled in WCW, AJPW, and WWE. He is the brother of professional wrestlers, Joe, and Marcus. After retirement, he started working in the talent relations office.
What is John Laurinaitis Famous For?
- Retired American wrestler known by the ring name, Johnny Ace.
Where is John Laurinaitis From?
John Laurinaitis was born on 31 July 1962. His birth name is John Hodger Laurinaitis. His birth place is in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He was born to his father, Joseph A Laurinaitis, and his mother, Lorna Romaska. He has two brothers, Joe and Marcus. He belongs to the white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. His zodiac sign is Leo.
John Laurinaitis Wrestling Career
- John Laurinaitis started his wrestling career under the name Johnny Ace in 1986.
- He started wrestling in Florida Championship Wrestling.
- From the start of his wrestling career, John frequently teamed with his brother, The Terminator.
- He then wrestled for NWA's Jim Crockett Promotions where he formed a tag team, "The Dynamic Dudes" with Shane Douglas.
- His last televised WCW match was against Mean Mark Callous, later known by the stage name, The Undertaker.
- After All Japan Pro Wrestling cut ties with the NWA in 1990, Laurinaitis chose to stay in it and teamed with Kenta Kobashi, "Dr. Death" Steve Williams, and Bart Gunn to find much success.
- He went on to become a two-time All Asia Tag Team Champion and a four-time World Tag Team Champion.
- He also became the winner of the New Year's Heavyweight Battle Royal in 1991.
- He reached the highest point of his singles career in February 1988 when he challenged Mitsuharu Misawa for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship.
- He retired from wrestling in 2000.
- He returned from retirement as head booker replacing Vince Russo.
- He was responsible for booking the highly acclaimed one-night single-elimination tournament held for the WCW United States Heavyweight Championship. Lance Storm won the title.
- He was hired as a road agent after WWF's acquisition of certain assets of WCW in March 2011.
- He was promoted to director of talent relations in June 2001.
- He replaced Jim Ross as the vice president of talent relations in June 2004.
- In February 2007, he was promoted to senior vice president.
- He became executive vice president in March 2009.
- He later moved down from his executive position to be senior vice president of talent operations.
- He worked in the talent relations office for eight years.
- Between 2011 and 2012, he also appeared as an occasional wrestler.
- He briefly served as the Interim General Manager of Raw.
- WWE rehired him as Head of Talent Relations in March 2021.
- The WWE Board started investigating nondisclosure agreements in April 2022 related to misconduct claims by women in the company against Laurinaitis and Vince McMahon.
Who is John Laurinaitis Wife?
John Laurinaitis is a married man. He is married to Kathy Colace. The couple got married on 24 March 2016. Through his marriage to Kathy, he is the stepfather of twin daughters, Brie Bella and Nikki Bella who are also professional wrestlers known by the name, The Bella Twins. They have a daughter named Maya.
What is John Laurinaitis Height?
John Laurinaitis stands at the height of 1.93 m i.e. 6 feet and 4 inches tall. He has a body weight of around 250 lbs i.e. 110 kg. He has an average body build.
His sexual orientation is straight.
What is John Laurinaitis Net Worth?
John Laurinaitis is a former professional wrestler and a head of talent relations. As a professional wrestler, he competed in WCW, AJPW, and WWE. After retirement, he held several positions in talent relations. He made his fortune from his wrestling career. His net worth is estimated at around $1.5 million at present.
Trivias About John Laurinaitis You Need To Know.
- His brothers Joe and Marcus were also professional wrestlers known by the ringname Animal and The Terminator respectively.
- He is the uncle of former NFL linebacker, James Laurinaitis.
- He was once a flagbearer for the team of The Sheepherders.
- He is the innovator of the cutter maneuver (created in 1987), which he dubbed the Ace Crusher.