John Mann - Bio, Net Worth, Death, Cause of Death, Wife, Books, Spirit of the West, Movies, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Family, Career, Actor, Obituary
John Mann was a Canadian rock musician, actor, and songwriter who was best known as the frontman of the folk-rock band "Spirit of the West". He gained popularity through the band "Spirit of the West. His songs were so popular that they became a part of the Canadian drinking tradition. On November 20, 2019, Mann passed away at the age of 57 after he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease at the age of 51.
What was John Mann Famous for?
- Famous as the Canadian musician known as a part of the folk-rock band "Spirit of the West".
Where was John Mann Born?
John Mann was born on September 18, 1962, in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. His birth name was John Fraser Mann. His nationality was Canadian. His ethnicity was White while Virgo was his zodiac sign. Mann was raised in his hometown after which he moved to Vancouver, British Columbia, to study theatre at Studio 58.
After then, in 1983, he left Studio 58 and then co-founded the popular folk-rock band, "Spirit of the West". In 1984, the band released its first independent album.
John Mann Career Highlights
- John Mann performed as the lead vocalist of the band "Spirit of the West". He also became the band's co-founder and co-songwriter.
- The band got their breakout career with the release of their major label "Save This House" in 1990.
- The album included the most recognized single, "Home for Rest" co-written by Mann. This song is a popular drinking song in Canada.
- In 2010, the song was listed as one of the "Ten best drinking songs of all time".
- Mann gave audition for the TV series, "Millennium" in 1998 and then he appeared in episode "Via Dolorosa" in May 1999.
- Mann then appeared in several other TV shows including 'Cold Squad', 'Dark Angel', 'Stargate SG-1', 'Battlestar Galactica', 'Smallville' and 'Da Vinci's Inquest'.
- He has also starred with recurring characters in the series 'Whistler', 'Haunted', 'Blood Ties' and 'Intelligence'.
- Mann starred as Slade Craven in the 2001 film, "Turbulence 3: Heavy Metal".
- Mann also had roles in films like "The Chronicles of Riddick"(2004), "Reefer Madness"(2005), "Underworld: Evolution"(2006) and "The Tall Man"(2012).
- Mann also had released his solo albums including "Acoustic Kitty"(2002), "December Looms"(2007) and "The Waiting Room"(2014).
- Mann also had his appearance in theatre including "Of Mice and Men", "The Three Penny Opera", "Miss Saigon" and "Joni Mitchell: The River".
- In 2010 he starred in the rock musical, "Beyond Eden".
- He played the lead guitar for the band until 2013 after which he was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's disease.
- Mann performed a concert featuring his solo material and Spirit of the West, broadcasted by CBC Television's Absolutely Canadian in July 2015 as "John Mann Here and Now".
Who was John Mann Married to?
The rock musician, John Mann was married to his beautiful wife, Jill Daum. Daum is a popular Canadian actress and playwright. The couple together have two children: a son, Harlan and a daughter, Hattie who are given the surname Daumann. His son, Harlan Daumann is also a musician. Besides, the couple's honeymoon in Venice was the subject of one of Spirit of the West's most successful singles, "And if Venice Is Sinking".
Previously, Mann was romantically linked with Jean Smith, a Canadian musician. Their relation was also mentioned in the 2001 book, "Have Not Been the Same: The Can-Rock Renaissance 1985-1995". Their relation was also the inspiration behind one of Spirit of the West's best-known hit singles, "Political".
What was the Cause of death of John Mann?
John Mann, the well-known musician of all time, passed away at the age of 57 due to his disease, "Alzheimer's disease" on November 20, 2019. Mann was previously diagnosed with colorectal cancer in 2009 however, he had made a full recovery by 2011. Mann had been diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's disease since September 2014.
He even faced the memory issues during his acting performances as far back as 2001. Mann even underwent a stem cell procedure in hopes of helping his Alzheimer's but it couldn't get helped and he died on Nov 20, 2019.
What was John Mann's Net Worth?
The 57 years old late musician, John Mann had great earning through his professional career from his several concerts, albums, and many others. Mann had managed to amass a fortune worth million dollars throughout his 36 years in the music industry. Mann's current estimated net worth was around $5 million.
How Tall was John Mann?
John Mann was a good looking white man. Mann had fair complexion with bald hair and brown eyes.