John McGinn - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Nationality, Age, Transfer News, Wife, Married, Parents, Family, Brothers, Height, Wiki, Awards, Facts, Career
John McGinn is a Scottish professional football player. McGinn plays as a midfielder for Premier League club Aston Villa and the Scotland national team. He started his professional career at St. Mirren in 2012 and played for the club until he joined Hibernian in 2015. He helped the club to win a Scottish Cup and Scottish Championship in his three full seasons. He then signed with the English club Aston Villa in 2018.
On the international level, he represented Scotland's youth teams before making his senior international debut in 2016.
What is John McGinn Famous For?
- Won a Scottish Cup and a Scottish Championship with Hibernian.
- Won a Scottish League Cup with St Mirren.
- Won EFL Championship play-offs with Aston Villa.
Where is John McGinn From?
John McGinn was born on 18 October 1994. His birth place is Glasgow in Scotland. He holds Scottish nationality. He was born to Stephen McGinn and his mother Mary McGinn. He has three siblings. He has older brothers, Stephen and Paul, and a twin sister, Katie. He belongs to white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. His zodiac sign is Libra.
John McGinn Career
- John McGinn started playing football at an early age.
- He spent his youth career at St Mirren.
- He was later promoted to the club's first team in 2012.
- He was named Player of the Tournament alongside Jack Smith for the club's U20 Kilbirnie Ladeside pre-season tournament victory.
- He made his competitive debut against Celtic.
- He signed a new three-year contract with the club in November 2012.
- He was part of the club that won the Scottish League Cup in 2013.
- McGinn suffered an injury during the prank gone wrong in April 2015. He was "speared" in the thigh with a training pole thrown by St Mirren club captain Steven Thompson during a training session. The injury forced him out for the rest of the season. In return, McGinn took legal action against the club.
- He signed a four-year contract with Hibernian in July 2015. They agreed to pay St Mirren a development fee and 30% of any future transfer fee.
- He became a key player for the club to win the Scottish Cup in 114 years. They won the 2015-16 Scottish Cup.
- He helped the club to win a promotion to the Scottish Premiership in 2017.
- He then received offers from the EFL Championship club Nottingham Forest in 2017. However, the club rejected those offers.
- He played a key role for the club to win the Scottish Championship in 2017.
- Hibernian also rejected three offers from Celtic in 2018.
- His Hibernian career ended with 18 goals in 136 appearances for the club.
- He then signed a four-year contract with the Championship club, Aston Villa in August 2018.
- He made his club debut against Wigan Athletic and scored his debut goal against Sheffield Wednesday. His debut Aston Villa goal was later named EFL Championship goal of the season.
- McGinn scored in the Championship Playoff Final and helped the club to promotion to the Premier League after three years in the Championship.
- He scored 7 goals in 44 appearances for the club in the 2018-19 season.
- He signed a five-year contract extension with the club in August 2019.
- He scored his first Premier League goal in the first game of the season against Tottenham Hotspur in August 2019.
- He suffered a fractured ankle injury while playing against Southampton in December 2019.
- He signed a new five-year contract extension with the club in December 2020.
John McGinn International Career
- John McGinn represented Scotland football teams at various age levels.
- He represented Scotland's U19 and U21 football teams. He captained Scotland's U21 team.
- He made his senior international debut against Denmark in March 2016.
- He scored his debut senior international goal against Russia in the Euro 2020 qualifiers in September 2019.
- He scored his first hat-trick in his career in a Euro 2020 qualifier against San Marino in October 2019.
- He was named to Scotland's squad for the UEFA Euro 2020.
- Cristiano Ronaldo rejected two bottles of Coca-Cola in favor of water at the start of the press conference in Euro Cup 2020. Ronaldo's stunt dropped Coca-Cola's value by 4 billion pounds. Paul Pogba also moved a Heineken in front of him at the start of his press conference. Italy's Manuel Locatelli also moved a bottle of Coke to the side during the press conference.
- McGinn mocked Cristiano Ronaldo by asking "nae coke?" during his press conference that outbursted laugh among the people present in the press conference.
Who is John McGinn Married To?
John McGinn is not married. However, the Scottish international is not single. He is in a relationship with Sarah Stokes. More details about his personal life will be updated here.
How Tall is John McGinn?
The Scottish footballer McGinn stands at a height of 1.78 m i.e. 5 feet and 10 inches tall. He has a body weight of around 68 kg. He has an athletic body build.
What is John McGinn Salary and Net Worth?
The Scottish international John McGinn earns from his professional career as a football player. He started his football career at St Mirren in 2012 and has played for Hibernian before joining Aston Villa in 2018. He helped the club to win a promotion to the Premier League in his first season at the club. He signed a contract extension with the club in August 2019 and in December 2020. According to his new contract, his annual salary is reported at 1.5 million Euro. At present, his net worth is estimated at 8.5 million Euro.
Trivias About John McGinn You Need To Know.
- All three McGinn brothers played for St Mirren and Hibernian at some stage in their careers.
- Their grandfather Jack McGinn is a former Celtic chairman and Scottish Football Association president.
- He was named the Scottish Championship Player of the Season in 2017.
- He was named Aston Villa Player of the Season 2018-19.
- He was named SFWA International Player of the Year in 2020 and 2021.
- He wears shirt number 7.