Johnny Ventura - Bio, Net Worth, Death, Death Cause, Married, Wife, Family, Life Story, Height, Facts, Nationality, Age, Parents, Career, Wiki, Trivia
Juan de Dios Ventura Soriano, excellently known as Johnny Ventura was a Dominican singer and bandleader of merengue and salsa. He is well recognized for his albums like 1963's "Cuidado Con el Cuabero" and 1971's "Ah..! Yo No Se...No". He previously won a singing contest broadcast by La Voz de la Alegria at age sixteen. Ventura, who was deemed as the "Elvis of merengue" by some in the music industry, recorded dozens of albums throughout his 60-year career. He won six Latin Music Grammys, including a Lifetime Achievement Award in 2006 to honor his "contributions of outstanding artistic significance to Latin music," according to the Latin Recording Academy. As well, he served as the vice mayor of Santo Domingo from 1994 to 1998, and as mayor of Santo Domingo from 1998 to 2002. Sadly we lost such a versatile icon on 28th July 2021.
Johnny Ventura, the legendary Dominican merengue singer, dies at 81
Johnny Ventura died Wednesday at the age of 81 on 28th July 2021. "The Ministry of Culture deeply regrets the death of the great Dominican musician Johnny Ventura," the government entity tweeted in Spanish. "We join the pain that overwhelms his family in these difficult times. His legacy will live on forever in his songs and Dominican culture." His son, Jandy Ventura, told the Dominican press that his father died in a hospital after having a heart attack. "Today is a very sad day for merengue and for the Dominican Republic. Johnny Ventura, El Caballo Mayor, has physically left us, but his legacy and joy will always be with us. My solidarity hug to his loved ones," Dominican First Lady Raquel Arbaje tweeted in Spanish.
- Being a Dominican singer and bandleader of merengue and salsa.
- For his albums like 1963's "Cuidado Con el Cuabero" and 1971's "Ah..! Yo No Se...No".
What was Johnny Ventura Real Name?
Johnny Ventura was born with the real name of Juan de Dios Ventura Soriano on 8th March 1940 in La Vega, Dominican Republic. He was Dominican by nationality and Dominican-black by ethnicity. Similarly, his religion was Christian and his race was black. Johnny lastly celebrated his 81st birthday in the March of 2021. As per his birthdate, his zodiac sign was Pisces. He was the son of his father, Martin Ventura, and his mother, Virginia Soriano.
How was the Career of Johnny Ventura?
- Johnny Ventura kicked off his singing career starring in the programs of devotees after which he appeared for the first time in the TV show: La TV busca una estrella.
- He then returned to be welcomed in the same competition and practiced, worked, and was crowned for the hit as well as he won first prize.
- He also won a lot of prizes in the devotees' programs, until he was finally rewarded with the much-desired scholarship which the broadcasting company.
- Later he studied music, vocal techniques, and expression which made him one of the most famous singers in Latin America.
- Additionally, the late singer started his music career in the early 1960s after joining several Latin music orchestras.
- He recorded "Cuidado Con el Cuabero", of which he was the author, and "La Agarradera", of Luis Perez. It was with this band that he recorded his first LP consisting of 12 songs.
- Then he was recruited by the musical director Papa Molina to join La Super Orquesta San Jose in 1963 where he joined as a singer and as a player of the guira.
- He later created his own orchestra, the "Combo Show" in 1964 which is known as an important part of the history of popular Dominican music.
- Johnny recorded for the Fonogram label the albums "La Coquetona", "La Resbalosa" and "El Turun Tun Tun" in 1965 and traveled to the United States, where he immediately became a star in 1967.
- Ventura was credited with the song "La muerte de Martin", with the voice of Luisito Marti, the Combo Show made their first gold record with "Ah..! Yo No Se... No" (1971).
- Johnny went into politics after reaching superstar status in the music industry. He served as the vice mayor of Santo Domingo from 1994 to 1998, whereas he was also elected as mayor of Santo Domingo in 1998 which he served till 2002.
Who was Johnny Ventura Wife?
Johnny Ventura was a married guy. He tied a knot with his beautiful wife Nelly Josefina Flores de Ventura on 27th October 1970. The pair gave birth to three children. Last year, the much-in-love couple celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary, and to make it more special, Ventura told his fans a little bit of their love story which was quite bumpy. He also had four children from other relationships as well as had 17 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. Talking about Johnny's sexual orientation, he was straight.
How much was Johnny Ventura Net Worth?
Johnny Ventura had a net worth of around $6 million as of 2021 whereas his exact amount of salary had not been revealed yet. Johnny had not done any endorsement work. He was in love with luxurious cars and houses. In addition, his major source of income was from his singer and political career.
What was the Height of Johnny Ventura?
Johnny Ventura stood at an ideal height with balanced body weight. He had a bald head and black eyes color. His body build type was average. Furthermore, Ventura announced on 28th 2020 that he had tested positive for COVID-19 during the COVID-19 pandemic and was hospitalized. He later announced on 13th April 2020 that he had recovered and had tested negative for the coronavirus.
Trivias About Johnny Ventura You Need To Know.
- Johnny won a singing contest broadcast by La Voz de la Alegria at age sixteen.
- He was the mayor of his home city of Santo Domingo from 1998 to 2002.
- He and Gilberto Santa Rosa are both famous bandleaders of salsa music.
- He has four children from other relationships.
- In 1967 he travelled to the United States, where he immediately became a star.