Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:16 am
Facts About Jon Moxley
|Celebrated Name||Jon Moxley|
|Age||37 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Jon Moxley|
|Birth Name||Jonathan David Good|
|Place Of Birth||Cincinnati, Ohio, USA|
|Birth Nation||United States (USA)|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Height||6 Feet 2 inches|
|Eye Color||Light brown|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Body Measurement||45.5-36-18.5 inches|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Jonathan David Good is an American professional wrestler who is currently signed to All Elite Wrestling (AEW). He is excellently known under the ring name Jon Moxley. He is famous for his tenure with WWE, where he performed under the ring name Dean Ambrose from 2011 to 2019. He is also well recognized for signing to All Elite Wrestling (AEW) and New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW), where he is the current and longest-reigning IWGP United States Heavyweight Champion in his second reign. Besides, Jon is also an actor too as he made his theatrical film debut in the crime thriller movie, "12 Rounds 3: Lockdown" in 2015. He returned to the promotion to face Will Ospreay at the Windy City Riot event on16th April 2022, where he was victorious in the main event. CM Punk returned to the ring on the 24th August 2022 edition of "AEW Dynamite" after spending some time on the shelf due to injury and Moxley will be facing CM Punk in a rematch for the AEW World Championship will headline All Out. The event will emanate from Chicago's Now Arena on 4th September.
What is Jon Moxley's Real Name?
Jon Moxley took birth on 7th December 1985 in Cincinnati, Ohio, the U.S. however, he grew up in Cincinnati's East End. His real name is Jonathan David Good and his religion is Christian. Being born in America, he holds an American nationality and he belongs to the American-white ethnicity. As of 2021, Moxley has celebrated his 36th birthday whereas he will be celebrating his 37th birthday on the 7th December of 2022. As per his birthdate, his horoscope is Sagittarius. Thus, his race is white. Jon's father's name is Brian Pillman who was absent for the most part of his childhood. He also has one sibling a younger sister named, Ashton Ambrose.
Moving to Ambrose's education qualification, he didn't complete his high school education as he dropped out to pursue a career in wrestling.
Jon Moxley Wrestling Career
- Jon Moxley conceived their wrestling career working for Les Thatcher in the Heartland Wrestling Association (HWA) promotion as a teenager by selling popcorn and setting up the ring after which he started training to become a professional wrestler at the age of 18 under the teaching of Thatcher and HWA wrestler Cody Hawk.
- He then made his debut in 2004 under the ring name Jon Moxley and captured the HWA Heavyweight Championship twice in 2006 by defeating Pepper Parks on both occasions but lost the title to Chad Collyer and Brian Jennings respectively.
- He teamed with Hade Vansen to win the IWA World Tag Team Championship in the Puerto Rico-based International Wrestling Association in September 2006 but, they lost the titles to Chicano and Jeff Jeffrey in November, ending their reign at 69 days.
- He began working for Dragon Gate USA (DGUSA) in late 2009 and made his first televised appearance in March, where he defeated Tommy Dreamer in a hardcore match taped for the Mercury Rising pay-per-view.
- His last match in DGUSA was against Homicide in January 2011, which Moxley won whereas he defeated Roderick Strong to win the vacant FIP World Heavyweight Championship at Full Impact Pro's (FIP) Southern Stampede event on 17th April 2010.
- In April 2011, he signed a developmental deal with WWE and joined its developmental territory Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW) under the name Dean Ambrose.
- He made his televised debut on the 3rd July episode of "FCW" and beat Rollins in a non-title match in the first round of a tournament to crown the new FCW Florida Heavyweight Champion. But, he was unsuccessful in the tournament final against Leo Kruger.
- He competed at tapings for an unaired pilot for "WWE NXT" under the working title "Full Sail Ahead" at Full Sail University on 7th December, where he was defeated by Leo Kruger.
- Dean Ambrose made his WWE main roster debut at the Survivor Series pay-per-view event alongside Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins on 8th November 2012. The trio declared themselves The Shield.
- The Shield defeated Ryback, John Cena, and Sheamus at Elimination Chamber in February and won their first WrestleMania match against Sheamus, Randy Orton, and Big Show at WrestleMania 29th in April.
- Dean made his singles debut against The Undertaker on the 26th April episode of "SmackDown", which he lost by submission.
- He made his first pay-per-view defense of the United States Championship at Payback, where he defeated Kane by count-out and continued to retain his United States Championship against Rob Van Dam at SummerSlam, Dolph Ziggler at Night of Champions, and Big E Langston at Hell in a Cell.
- Ambrose entered his first Royal Rumble match at number 11 and eliminated three participants, before being eliminated by Reigns at the Royal Rumble on 26th January 2014.
- Ambrose surpassed MVP as the longest-reigning United States Champion under the WWE banner on 28th April and the Shield defeated Evolution in a six-man tag team match at Extreme Rules.
- Dean started feuding with Rollins, which included the duo interfering in each other's matches, and during this period, Ambrose and Reigns amicably separated as a team, with Ambrose debuting new ring attire and new entrance music.
- Ambrose faced Rollins in a Falls Count Anywhere match on "Raw", which Dean lost by knockout after interference from Kane once again.
- Later the duo faced off in a Hell in a Cell match the following month at the namesake event, where Ambrose lost again when the returning Bray Wyatt interfered and attacked him.
- Ambrose defeated Wyatt in a Boot Camp Match at "Tribute to the Troops" after consecutive losses to Wyatt at the Survivor Series and TLC pay-per-views.
- He participated in the Royal Rumble match but was eliminated by Big Show and Kan at the Royal Rumble on 25th January.
- He also started a feud with Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett. He failed to win the championship from Barrett at Fastlane and WrestleMania 31.
- Ambrose teamed up with Roman Reigns to defeat Wyatt and Harper at SummerSlam whereas, at Night of Champions on 20th September Ambrose, Reigns, and a returning Chris Jericho were defeated by Wyatt, Harper, and Strowman in a six-man tag team match.
- He won the Intercontinental Championship for the first time after defeating Owens at TLC in December and competed in the 2016 Royal Rumble match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, which he lost after being lastly eliminated by eventual winner Triple H.
- Ambrose faced Reigns and Brock Lesnar in a triple threat match to determine the number one contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 32 at Fastlane on 21st February, but lost after he was pinned by Reigns.
- He failed to capture the WWE World Heavyweight Championship from Triple H at the Roadblock event in March as well as he was unsuccessful in defeating Lesnar at WrestleMania 32.
- Later he qualified for the 2016 Money in the Bank ladder match in May which he would win.
- He made his first title defense against Rollins on the 18th July episode of "Raw", which ended in a draw after a double pinfall.
- He retained his title against Reigns and Rollins after pinning Reigns at Battleground however he lost the title to AJ Styles after Styles performed a low blow and Styles Clash while the referee was incapacitated at Backlash on 11th September.
- He defeated The Miz to win the Intercontinental Championship for the second time on the 3rd January 2017 episode of "SmackDown" as well as he participated in the 2017 Royal Rumble match in which he lasted almost 27 minutes before being eliminated by Brock Lesnar.
- On 12th February, Dean took part in the WWE Championship Elimination Chamber match at the event of the same name, where he eliminated Baron Corbin with a roll-up pin only for Corbin to attack him afterward, allowing Miz to eliminate Ambrose.
- Seth Rollins saved Ambrose from an attack by The Miz and The Miztourage on the 10th July episode of "Raw" whereas after failing to gain Ambrose's trust for several weeks the two argued in the ring on the August 14 episode of Raw and eventually brawled with each other before fighting off Cesaro and Sheamus.
- Ambrose and Rollins defeated Cesaro and Sheamus to win the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship at SummerSlam on the 20th of August making Ambrose both a Triple Crown and Grand Slam champion in the process.
- The duo successfully defended the titles against Cesaro and Sheamus at No Mercy, after Ambrose pinned Sheamus.
Ambrose and Rollins reunited with Roman Reigns on the 9th October episode of "Raw".
- On the 13th Dean returned to assist Rollins against an attack from Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler. After Reigns announced the return of his real-life leukemia and relinquished the Universal Championship on the 22nd October episode of "Raw", Ambrose and Rollins defeated Ziggler and McIntyre to capture the Raw Tag Team Championship for the second time.
- But, Ambrose immediately attacked Rollins after the match, turning heel for the first time since 2014.
- Ambrose burned his Shield vest and explained that being part of the group had made him weak and defeated Rollins at TLC in December to win the Intercontinental Championship, beginning his third reign with the title.
- He entered the 2019 Royal Rumble match at number 14 but was eliminated by Aleister Black.
- After "Raw" went off the air, it was reported that Dean had informed WWE officials that he would not be renewing his contract and would be leaving the company shortly after WrestleMania 35.
- Later Ambrose reunited with Rollins and the recently returned Reigns on the 4th March episode of "Raw" whereas his final contractual match occurred at a special event called The Shield's Final Chapter on 21st April, where he, Reigns, and Rollins defeated the team of Corbin, Lashley, and McIntyre. His contract expired on 30th April.
- Good recounted his departure from WWE on Chris Jericho's "Talk is Jericho" podcast in May 2019. He decided to leave WWE after Vince McMahon made him give a promo on Raw where his character would get inoculated from various diseases out of fear of catching a virus from the fans.
- Furthermore, he made his unannounced debut for All Elite Wrestling (AEW) during Double or Nothing on 25th (May 2019-2020) and it was announced that Moxley had signed a multi-year contract.
- He had his AEW debut match at the Fyter Fest event in June, where he defeated Joey Janela in an unsanctioned match.
- Jon indicated his intentions to challenge for the AEW World Championship and he was entered into a tournament to determine the number one contender for the championship, defeating Sammy Guevara and Pac to win.
- He faced Jericho for the AEW World Championship at Revolution on 29th February, where he won the championship, becoming the first person to hold titles in AEW and NJPW simultaneously.
- He made his first defense of the championship on the 15th April episode of Dynamite, defeating Jake Hager in an Empty Arena No Holds Barred match.
- He returned at the New Year's Smash event on 6th January 2021, but he was attacked by Omega and his allies The Good Brothers.
- Moxley returned after an eleven-month absence and attacked Kenta on the 29th January 2021 episode of "Strong".
- On 20th February 2021, he defeated Davey Boy Smith Jr. in the main event of Josh Barnett's Bloodsport 5, and at GCW's The Art of War Games pay-per-view in September 2021, he defeated Matt Cardona as a surprise opponent to win the GCW World Championship.
- Subsequently, he returned in January 2022, sporting a healthier and more clean-cut look, and defeated Danielson at Revolution in March, but the two began brawling after their match; William Regal, once a mentor to both men on separate occasions, made his surprise debut to break up the fight and force them to shake hands.
- He retained the GCW World Championship against Homicide at The Wrld on GCW event on 23rd January 2022 and returned to the promotion to face Will Ospreay at the Windy City Riot event on 16th April 2022, where he was victorious in the main event.
- On the 8th June episode of "Dynamite", Moxley defeated Kyle O'Reilly as well as defeated Tanahashi to win the interim AEW World Championship.
- At the Quake by the Lake special episode of Dynamite on 10th August, the lineal AEW World Champion Punk returned and confronted Jon, entering into a title dispute.
- A match to determine the undisputed AEW World Champion was then scheduled at All Out, but, due to heated confrontations between the two, it was announced that the match would instead take place on the 24th August episode of "Dynamite", in which Jon quickly defeated Punk to win his record-setting second AEW World Championship. He also becomes the undisputed AEW World Champion in the process.
- Apart from wresting, Jon Moxley made his acting debut in the WWE-produced action film "12 Rounds 3: Lockdown" (2015) and also made an uncredited cameo in the WWE film "Countdown" (2016).
- He was also seen in the sports action film "Cagefighter: Worlds Collide" (2020) as Randy Stone.
- As well, he has appeared as a playable character in the video games "WWE 2K14", "WWE 2K15", "WWE 2K16", "WWE 2K17", "WWE 2K18", and "WWE 2K19".
- In 2021, he launched his bibliography titled "Moxley, Jon".
All Elite Wrestling (AEW)
- AEW World Championship (1 time)
- AEW World Championship #1
- Contender Tournament (2020)
Combat Zone Wrestling
- CZW World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
Full Impact Pro
- FIP World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Heartland Wrestling Association
- HWA Heavyweight Championship (3 times)
- WWE Championship (1 time)
- WWE Intercontinental Championship (3 times)
- WWE Raw Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Seth Rollins
- WWE United States Championship (1 time)
- Twenty-seventh Triple Crown Champion
- Eighth Grand Slam Champion (under current format; sixteenth overall)
- Money in the Bank (2016)
- Slammy Award (5 times)
- Breakout Star of the Year (2013, 2014) - 2013 award shared with The Shield
- The faction of the Year (2013, 2014) - with The Shield
- Trending Now (Hashtag) of the Year (2013)
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- Bruiser Brody Memorial Award (Best Brawler) (2020)
- Feud of the Year (2020) vs. Eddie Kingston
- The United States/Canada MVP (2020)
- Wrestler of the Year (2020)
- Worst Feud of the Year (2013) - as part of The Authority vs. Big Show
- Best Briefly Resuscitated Storyline (2015) vs. Seth Rollins
- Most Likeable Loose Cannon (2014)
- Wrestler of the Year (2019)
Westside Xtreme Wrestling
- wXw World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Sami Callihan
- wXw World Tag Team Title Tournament (2009) with Sami Callihan
Who is Jon Moxley's Wife?
Jon Moxley is a married guy. He tied a knot with Canadian backstage interviewer and on-air personality Renee Young in an impromptu ceremony at their home in the early hours of 9th April 2017. The pair gave birth to a daughter named Nora Murphy Good on 13th June 2021. The couple relocated to his hometown of Cincinnati in November 2021, primarily to be closer to his family and Paquette's hometown of Toronto. They currently reside near Las Vegas. Concerning Jon's sexual orientation, he is straight.
Furthermore, at Good's request, Tony Khan announced in November 2021 that Good had checked himself into rehab to address his alcoholism. He returned to wrestling three months later.
What is Jon Moxley worth?
Jon Moxley has a net worth of $10 million as of 2022 whereas he also earns a considerable amount of salary which is around $3 million per year. He is a passionate and hardworking man, so there is no doubt his net worth and salary will surely rise higher in the future days. He has also appeared in a TV commercial for "XFINITY" from where he gains a handsome amount of money. Jon's major source of income is from his wrestling and acting career.
How tall is Jon Moxley?
Jon Moxley is 6 ft 4 in (193 cm) tall and his body weighs around 225 lb (102 kg). He has good-looking light brown hair and eyes color. His body build type is athletic and his body measurements are 45.5-36-18.5 inches. Jon also has two tattoos, the main tattoo in question is the one on his wedding finger, which he uses as his wedding ring when he's in the ring. The tattoo is of a heartbeat that goes around his finger.
Trivias About Jon Moxley You Need To Know.
- Jon grew up in Cincinnati's East End, which he said was so deprived that shoplifting was a daily occurrence for everybody he knew because they never had any money.
- He supported himself by working minimum-wage jobs in factories, restaurants, and warehouses.
- He often used drugs such as cocaine as a teenager.
- He has said that he would have most likely become a forest firefighter if he did not pursue wrestling.
- Good has referred to himself as a loner, which he has often incorporated into his onscreen character.
- He has also called himself a minimalist, revealing that he drove to WWE's training center in his rundown car with only a bag of clothes and the money in his pocket upon accepting their contract offer.
- In order to be closer to the recommended doctors during his recovery from his torn biceps, Good spent some time in 2018 living in Birmingham, Alabama, where he contracted a staph infection which he claimed nearly killed him.