Jon Peters - Bio, Net Worth, Who is Jon Peters, John Peters, Producer, Movies, Awards, Books, Ex-Wives, Wife, Wedding, Kids, Age, Height, Facts, Wiki
Jon Peters is an American film producer and former hairdresser. Some of his most successful film projects include 2018's A Star Is Born, 1980's Caddyshack, 1989's Batman and 2001's Ali. To date, He produced movies that have grossed more than $6 billion at the global box office. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Jon Peters famous for?
- An American film producer and former hairdresser.
Where is Jon Peters born?
Recalling his early life, Jon was born in Van Nuys, California as the son of Helen, a receptionist and Jack Peters, a cook who owned a Hollywood diner. He is of Cherokee and Italian descent. He is of American nationality and his birth sign is Gemini. Similarly, he is a follower of Judaism.
His mother's family owned a renowned salon on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. His father died when he was 10 years old. Similarly, his siblings and academic qualifications are yet to be disclosed.
When did Jon Peter begin his career in the film industry?
- Moving towards his career, Jon joined the family hairdressing business at Rodeo Drive where he made many film industry connections. He designed a short wig that Barbra Streisand wore for the comedy For Pete's Sake (1974), as a result of which Peters and Streisand began a relationship.
- He later produced Streisand's studio album ButterFly (1974) and also gained a producing credit on Streisand's remake of A Star Is Born (1976), although the extent of his contribution has been disputed.
- He also worked alongside Peter Guber for the next 10 years, with whom he headed Sony Pictures from 1989 until 1991.
- In the early 1990s, He bought the film rights to the Superman franchise from Warner Bros. In his Q&A/comedy DVD An Evening With Kevin Smith, filmmaker Kevin Smith talked about working for him when he was hired to write a script for a new Superman film, which was then called Superman Reborn and later Superman Lives.
- He then demanded that the third act of the film include a fight between Superman and a giant spider, to be unveiled in an homage to King Kong. He later produced the 1999 steampunk western action-comedy Wild Wild West, the finale of which featured a giant mechanical spider.
- He subsequently produced Superman Returns, the 2006 Superman film directed by Bryan Singer, and executive-produced Man of Steel, the 2013 Superman film directed by Zack Snyder. He was banned from the Man of Steel set by producer Christopher Nolan.
- Nikki Finke's Deadline Hollywood blog reported on a book proposal for the autobiography of him, written by himself and Los Angeles writer William Stadium. He reportedly intended to write about his life with Streisand and a string of other celebrity lovers. In 2009, he subsequently withdrew from the HarperCollins book deal after adverse publicity triggered by the leaking of the proposal and potential lawsuits.
- In August 2011, a Los Angeles jury ordered him to pay a former assistant $3.3 million after finding she was subjected to sexual harassment and a hostile work environment during the production of Superman Returns. Since 2009, He has only been credited for four projects: Two for executive producing and two for producing.
Is Jon Peters married?
Reflecting on his personal life, Jon was married five times in his life. He had a high-profile personal and business relationship with Barbra Streisand in the mid-1970s and 1980s.
Similarly, he has four children: one son with second wife actress Lesley Ann Warren, two daughters with third wife Christine Peters and one kid with fourth wife Mindy Williamson. In January 2020, He married actress Pamela Anderson.
How much is Jon Peters worth?
Being a film producer and former hairdresser, Jon earns the sum of a good amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online reports, his estimated net worth said to be $300 million at present. However, his salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Jon Peters?
Observing his body statistics, Jon stands a height of 5 feet 9 inches and weighs around 90 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of grey eyes and blonde hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Jon Peters You Need To Know.
- He got his break into producing while working as a hair stylist for Barbra Streisand.
- He used to have a raging addiction to Vicodin. It started as he needed it for pain medicine for blowing out his knee from training in martial arts.
- He holds a black belt in Brazilian jujitsu.
- He personally owns the production company "Peters Entertainment".