Jonas Hofmann - Bio, Net Worth, Family, Age, Facts, Wife, Girlfriend
Jonas Hofmann is a versatile German footballer who plays as a midfielder for Bundesliga club Borussia Monchengladbach and the Germany national team. He began playing in the youth leagues in Germany for FC Rot in 1999 before moving over to Hoffenheim in 2004 and made his senior debut playing for Hoffenheim II and then Borussia Dortmund in 2011. Jonas also owns three Subway restaurants in the Heidelberg area. He is also active in social media as he has gained more than 131K followers on his Instagram account. Additionally, Jonas was also selected to the squad for the UEFA Euro 2020 on 19th May 2021.
Jonas Hofmann Famous For
- Being a German footballer.
- For playing as a midfielder for Bundesliga club Borussia Monchengladbach and the Germany national team.
Where is Jonas Hofmann from?
Jonas Hofmann took birth on 14th July 1992 in Heidelberg, Germany. He is of German nationality and he came from German-white ethnic background. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is white. Jonas has celebrated his 29th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Cancer. His father Harald Hofmann played handball in Germany's second division, while his older brother Benjamin Hofmann, four years his senior, has been at Regionalliga (fourth-tier) side Astoria Waldorf since 2008.
Jonas Hofmann Career
- Jonas Hofmann kicks off his football career in 1998 playing at FC Rot in the municipality of St. Leon-Rot and remained there until the end of the 2003-2004 season before he moved to 1899 Hoffenheim in the 2004-2005 season.
- He then debuted for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim's second team in a 1-0 victory in April 2011 during the 2010-2011 season and made five league appearances at the end of the 2010-2011 season playing for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim II, in which he scored two goals.
- Hofmann signed a contract for Borussia Dortmund in the 2011-2012 season until 30th June 2015, and was inducted into Borussia Dortmund II for the 2011-2012 season and debuted for Dortmund II on 6th August in a 2-0 away victory over 1. FC Kaiserslautern II, scoring his first goal of the 2011-2012 season.
- On 16th December 2012, he debuted for Borussia Dortmund's first team in the 2012-2013 Bundesliga season in BVB's 3-1 away victory over TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, where he came on as a substitute in the 89th minute.
- He started his first match in the Bundesliga on 6th April 2013, and he was credited with an assist to Julian Schieber to score an equalizing goal tap-in finish for a 2-2 scoreline in Dortmund's 4-2 home victory over FC Augsburg.
- He won the 2013 DFL-Supercup with Dortmund 4-2 against rivals Bayern Munich on 27th July 2013 and his first goal for Borussia Dortmund came on 18th August in a win against Eintracht Braunschweig.
- He scored the third goal as Dortmund defeated Bayern Munich 3-0 at the Allianz Arena on 12th April 2014 and on 13th August 2014, he played in the 2014 Super Cup.
- Later Borussia Dortmund agreed to a year-long loan deal for Hofmann during the summer transfer window of 2014, that would send him to 1. FSV Mainz 05 until 30th June 2015.
- He also scored his first European goal in a 1-0 win over Austrian side Wolfsberger AC in the first leg of the Europa League third qualifying round on 30th July 2015.
- Hofmann joined Borussia Monchengladbach on 1st January 2016, signing a four-year deal until 2020, and made his debut for the club on 23rd January 2016 in a 1-3 loss to former club Dortmund.
- He scored his first goal for the club in a Round of 16 matches in the UEFA Europa League against fellow German side Schalke on 9th March 2017.
- He scored his first-ever professional hat-trick in a 4-0 league win over former club Mainz on 18th October 2018 as well as he signed a new deal with Gladbach on 16th April 2019, extending his stay at the club until 2023.
- Also, he scored a brace and got an assist in a historic 3-2 win against Bayern Munich on 8th January 2021.
- Jonas Hofmann played between the years 2009 and 2010 for the German U18 national football team and he completed his last cap for the under 18 national team with a victory on 25th March 2010 against France U18 national football team, before going on to represent the German U21 national football team.
- He was called to represent Germany's national team by Joachim Low for the matches against Turkey, Ukraine, and Switzerland in October 2020.
- He then made his debut on 7th October 2020, against Turkey in a friendly game, and on 19th May 2021, he was selected to the squad for the UEFA Euro 2020.
Awards and Achievements
- DFL-Supercup: 2013, 2014
- Borussia M'gladbach on 01/01/2016 for 8M €
- Borussia Dortmund on 30/06/2015 at the end of the loan
- 1. FSV Mainz 05 on 01/09/2014 for 200k € Loan
- Borussia Dortmund II on 01/07/2011 From TSG 1899 Hoffenheim U19 for free
Is Jonas Hofmann Married?
Jonas Hofmann is a married footballer. He is currently dating his beautiful girlfriend whose details have not been disclosed yet. The couple's relationship is exceptional till now and hopes it will remain as same in the future too. Jonas previously tied a knot with his ex-wife Lena Hofmann with whom he later got separated. Concerning Hofmann's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Jonas Hofmann's Net Worth?
Jonas Hofmann has a net worth of $1.5 million as of 2022. He has also a handsome amount of salary which is around £2,756,000 per year. With his calm and easy-going personality, Jonas is expected to get more popular in the coming years, and we can expect him to climb the ladders of success. His highest market value is €16.00m as of 10th February 2021 whereas his current market value is €13.00m. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
How tall is Jonas Hofmann?
Jonas Hofmann stands at an ideal height of 1.78 m with a balanced body weight of 67 kg. He has dark brown hair and eyes color. Moreover, his body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Jonas Hofmann You Need To Know.
- He started playing in the youth leagues in Germany for FC Rot in 1999 before moving over to Hoffenheim in 2004.
- He made his senior debut playing for Hoffenheim II and then Borussia Dortmund in 2011.
- He joined Borussia Monchengladbach in 2016.
- He owns three Subway restaurants in the Heidelberg area.
- He played with Marco Reus on Borussia Dortmund.