Jonathan Isaac - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Current Team, Injury, Salary, Contract, Stats, Trade, Dating, Height, Family, Nationality, Fact, Wiki, Ethnicity
A professional basketball player is named for Jonathan Isaac who is currently playing for the team, Orlando Magic of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Moreover, he played college basketball for one season for the Florida State Seminoles. As a senior in 2016, he averaged 17.6 points per game and 10.0 rebounds per game while leading IMG Academy to a 21-10 overall record. He was selected by Orlando in the first round of the 2017 NBA draft with the sixth overall pick. On 31st July 2020, he became the first NBA player not to kneel during the national anthem since the league resumed in the NBA Bubble on 30th July 2020. Recently, he suffered a torn left anterior cruciate ligament during a 132-116 win over the Sacramento Kings hosted in the bubble and was expected to miss the remainder of the 2019-2020 season. Scroll more to know about his full biography including his early life, personal life, career stats, position, injury, contract, salary, trade, and more.
Jonathan Isaac suffers torn ACL in a win over Kings
Recent in the match, Jonathan Isaac left Sunday's victory over the Sacramento Kings in the fourth quarter in a wheelchair after an apparent injury, and now, sadly, we now know what that injury was. The team announced Isaac suffered a torn ACL in his left knee on the play. The recovery timeline for such an injury is typically around one year. Isaac, who had only just recovered from another major knee injury, made it known on Twitter he remains in good spirits despite the latest setback. On 1st January 2020, he had to be stretchered off the court after landing awkwardly, and was later diagnosed with a "posterior lateral corner injury and a medial bone contusion." He was initially ruled out for 8-10 weeks, but the Magic later determined he would miss the rest of the season. The delay caused by the coronavirus pandemic, however, gave him time to recover and was cleared to go to Disney. Unfortunately, it appears he'll once again be facing a long spell on the sidelines.
- Being a professional Basketball player.
- Being the player for Orlando Magic of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
What is the Birthplace of Jonathan Isaac?
Jonathan Isaac was born on 3rd October 1997 in The Bronx, New York, the USA. His birth name/real name is Jonathan Judah Isaac. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is Mixed of American-Puerto Rican. His race is Black and his Zodiac sign is Libra. As of 2019, he celebrated his 22nd birthday. He is one of six children born to Jackie Allen (mother). He has one older sister, two older brothers, and two younger brothers. He is of Puerto Rican descent due to his maternal grandfather and is eligible to play for the Puerto Rican national team. He is a Christian and preached at Jump Ministries Global Church in Orlando. As per his education, he attended Barron Collier High School and later attended the International School of Broward in Hollywood, Florida. Later, he attended Florida State (2016-2017).
For which team, Jonathan Isaac is playing for?
- Starting the basketball career from Barron Collier High School in Naples, Florida during his freshman and sophomore years, Jonathan averaged 17.6 points per game and 10.0 rebounds per game leading IMG Academy to a 21-10 overall record.
- He was selected to play in the 2016 Jordan Brand Classic and Nike Hoop Summit All-Star games and was rated as a five-star recruit and ranked as the No.12 overall recruit and No.4 Small forward in the 2016 high school class.
- Later, he confirmed that he wasn't going to enter the 2016 draft after all and reaffirmed his intentions of playing with Florida State for the 2016-2017 season.
- He was also considered a preseason watch for the Karl Malone Award.
- He recorded 20 points in a 99-78 win over Iona on 15th November in his second game of the season.
- On 20th November, he recorded his first double-double of the season with 14 points and 10 rebounds in a 100-71 win over Detroit.
- Additionally, he earned the ACC Freshman of the Week award for his performances from November 15-21, 2016.
- He recorded 23 points, 10 rebounds, and a season-high 7 blocks in a win over the Notre Dame Fighting Irish on 18th January 2017.
- He scored 21 points in a 95-71 victory against the NC State Wolfpack on 8th February 2017.
- As the second seed in the ACC Tournament, Florida State beat Virginia Tech in the quarterfinals, but lost to Notre Dame in the semi-finals; his team then proceeded to the NCAA Tournament, where they were seeded 3rd in the West.
- They also won their first-round game 86-80 against FGCU at Amway Center in Orlando, Florida but lost in the round of 32 in a blowout upset against 11th seeded Xavier, 66-91.
- He scored only 25 points in two games In his NCAA Tournament career.
- Despite this, he was named to the All-ACC Freshman Team of 2017.
- He announced his intention to forgo his final three years of collegiate eligibility and enter the 2017 NBA draft where he was projected as a lottery first-round selection and became the second player in Florida State's basketball history to leave as a one-and-done prospect, behind Malik Beasley in 2016.
- Moving towards the professional career, he was selected with the sixth overall pick in the 2017 NBA draft by the Orlando Magic on 22nd June 2017.
- He became a starter for the Magic in 66 games, posting career-high averages in points, rebounds, assists, and blocks per game in his second year in the league.
- He also recorded a career-high 13 rebounds in a 107-100 win over the Indiana Pacers on 31st January 2019.
- He matched his career-high of 5 blocks, to go along with 17 points and 2 steals in a 124-108 win over the Atlanta Hawks on 10th February.
- He also scored a career-high 20 points in a 118-88 win over the New Orleans Pelicans on 12th February.
- On 28th October 2019, he made his better career-high in scoring by posting 24 points in a 95-104 loss to the Toronto Raptor.
- At the starting of 2020, he suffered a posterior lateral corner injury and a medial bone contusion during a 122-101 win over the Washington Wizards and was expected to be sidelined for about eight to ten weeks.
- He became the first NBA player not to kneel during the national anthem since the league resumed in the NBA Bubble on 30th July 2020.
- He chose not to wear a Black Lives Matter t-shirt, said "Absolutely, I believe Black lives matter. A lot went into my decision. Kneeling or wearing a Black Lives Matter T-shirt doesn't go hand in hand in supporting Black Lives."
- Recently, on 2nd August 2020, he suffered a torn left anterior cruciate ligament during a 132-116 win over the Sacramento Kings hosted in the bubble and was expected to miss the remainder of 2019-2020 season.
Who is Jonathan Isaac DATING?
Jonathan Isaac is an unmarried person. He is still getting married. Regarding his dating life, he seems to be single as he has not confirmed any relationship yet. He has not stated anything about his affairs to the media. He is currently focusing on his career rather than spending his valuable time making a girlfriend. He is giving his all the time making his career.
What is the Salary of Jonathan Isaac?
Jonathan Isaac is an American professional basketball player for the Orlando Magic of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Without a doubt, the net worth of Jonathan Isaac will be surely in millions. Signing with the team, Orland Magic in 2017, he is earning a cool amount of $4,969,080 dollars as his yearly salary at present. He earned $5,806,440 dollars in the year 2019-2020 and he will earn $7,362,566 as of 2020-2021 season. His major source of wealth is from basketball career and he has made more than $9 Milion till now. As of today, he is living a cool lifestyle from his earnings.
How tall is Jonathan Isaac?
American-Puerto Rican, Jonathan Isaac is a very handsome basketball player with a charming smile and glowing face attracting a lot of people towards him. He has got a tall height of 6 ft 10 in. His body build is athletic and he has got a balanced weight of 95 KG. He has got a perfect body physique. He is very conscious regarding his body health due to which he maintains his body a lot.
Trivias About Jonathan Isaac You Need To Know.
- He played college basketball for one season for the Florida State Seminoles.
- As a senior in 2016, he averaged 17.6 points per game and 10.0 rebounds per game while leading IMG Academy to a 21-10 overall record.
- He was selected by Orlando in the first round of the 2017 NBA draft with the sixth overall pick.
- On 31st July 2020, he became the first NBA player not to kneel during the national anthem since the league resumed in the NBA Bubble on 30th July 2020.
- He is of Puerto Rican descent due to his maternal grandfather, and is eligible to play for the Puerto Rican national team.