Facts About Jonathan Kuminga
|Celebrated Name||Jonathan Kuminga|
|Age||20 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Jonathan Malangu Kuminga|
|Place Of Birth||Goma|
|Famous For||Golden State Warriors drafted him in the first round of the 2021 NBA Draft|
|Position||Small Forward/Power Forward|
|First Club||Golden State Warriors|
|High School||Huntington Prep, Our Savior New American School, The Patrick School|
|Career Start||Drafted in the 2021 NBA Draft|
|Height||2.03 (6 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||210 lbs (95 kg)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Source of Wealth||Contract, Salaries, Endorsements, Bonuses|
|Net Worth||Below $1 million|
|Education||High School Graduate|
Jonathan Malangu Kuminga, professionally known as Jonathan Kuminga is a Congolese professional basketball player. A young prospect, Kuminga was selected by the Golden State Warriors in the first round of the 2021 NBA Draft. He bypassed his college eligibility and entered the draft. He played high school basketball for The Patrick School. He also played one season in the NBA G League for the NBA G League Ignite.
What is Jonathan Kuminga Famous For?
- The Golden State Warriors drafted him in the first round of the 2021 NBA Draft.
Where is Jonathan Kuminga From?
Jonathan Kuminga was born on 6 October 2002. His birth name is Jonathan Malangu Kuminga. His birth place is in Goma in Congo. He holds Congolese nationality. He has an older brother named Joel Ntambwe who played college basketball for UNLV before transferring to Texas Tech in 2019. Information about his parents is not available at present. He belongs to the African ethnicity and his religion is Christianity.
Jonathan Kuminga Basketball Career
- Kuminga started playing basketball in his home country at the age of two.
- He moved to the United States in 2016.
- He attended Huntington Prep School in Huntington, West Virginia for his freshman year.
- He transferred to Our Savior New American School for his sophomore season. He averaged 25 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists per game.
- He was awarded MaxPreps National Sophomore of the Year honors.
- He then played for the NY Rens at the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League, where he averaged 20.8 points, 5.2 rebounds, and 3.3 assists per game.
- He then transferred to The Patrick School for his junior season.
- Due to transfer rules, the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association ruled him ineligible for 30 days.
- He averaged 16.2 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 3.7 assists per game as a junior.
- He was sidelined for a month after suffering an ankle sprain injury.
- He was reclassified to the 2020 class and announced to forgo his college eligibility to join the NBA G League Ignite.
- He signed a one-year contract with the NBA G League team in July 2020.
- He averaged 15.6 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 2.7 assists per game in 13 games.
- He was a consensus five-star recruit and the best small forward in the 2020 class.
- Rivals.com named him the third-best player in his class.
- 247Sports.com and ESPN named him the fourth-best player after reclassifying.
- He entered the 2021 NBA Draft.
- The Golden State Warriors selected him in the first round.
Who is Jonathan Kuminga Girlfriend?
Jonathan Kuminga is unmarried and he is reportedly single. He is too young and has started his professional basketball career. The future NBA star will surely be dating a beautiful girl in the near future. Any updates about his personal life will be updated here.
How Tall is Jonathan Kuminga?
Jonathan Kuminga stands at a height of 2.03 m i.e. 6 feet and 8 inches tall. He has a body weight of around 210 lbs i.e. 95 kg. He has an athletic body build.
What is Jonathan Kuminga Salary and Net Worth?
Jonathan Kuminga is one of the top prospects to watch in the new NBA season 2020-21. He forgo his college eligibility to enter the 2021 NBA Draft. The Golden State Warriors selected him 7th overall. He has yet to sign a contract with the team. He will surely land a lucrative deal in the near future. His salary details will be updated then. At present, his net worth is estimated below $1 million.
Trivias About Jonathan Kuminga You Need To Know.
- He was named MVP of the Slam Dunk to the Beach showcase in January 2019.
- He rejected offers from Texas Tech, Auburn, Duke, and Kentucky.
- He was selected 7th overall in the 2021 NBA Draft.
- His first language is French.
- Emmanuel Mudiay and Omari Gudil are his cousins.