Jonathan Taylor - Bio, Net Worth, Girlfriend, Age, Contract, Salary
Jonathan Taylor is an American NFL footballer who is currently playing for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL). His playing position is running back. He played high school football at Salem High School, where he set the New Jersey state rushing yards record. He played college football at Wisconsin, finishing his college career as the sixth all-time rusher in the NCAA and the first player in history to rush for more than 6,000 yards in any three-year span. He was selected in the second round of the 2020 NFL Draft with the 41st pick by the Indiana Colts. With the team, he led the NFL in both rushing yards and touchdowns in 2021, becoming a unanimous All-Pro and Pro Bowler in the same season.
What is Jonathan Taylor Famous For?
- Jonathan Taylor is an NFL footballer.
- Jonathan is famous for playing as a running back for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL).
- Jonathan is a one-time Pro Bowler and a member of the First Team All-Pro in 2021.
Who are Jonathan Taylor's Parents?
Jonathan Taylor was born on January 19, 1999. He is from Salem, New Jersey, the USA. He is the son of his father, Jonathan James, and his mother, Elizabeth Taylor. His dad used to play professional basketball for San Francisco for 4 years in 1982. He is American when it comes to his nationality and his ethnicity is Mixed. He celebrated his 23rd birthday in 2022. His zodiac sign is Capricorn and he follows the Christianity religion. He attended Salem High School and then went to Wisconsin College (2017-2019).
Jonathan Taylor NFL Football Career
High School Career
- Taylor attended and played football for Salem High School where he amassed 4,642 rushing yards and 51 touchdowns.
- As a senior, he set the New Jersey record with 2,815 rushing yards. In his senior season, he averaged 234.6 yards a game, rushing for 35 touchdowns and scoring 37 total touchdowns.
- Also, he was also an accomplished performer in track and field, and he won two state titles in the 100-meter dash, his best time being 10.49 seconds.
- Jonathan committed to play college football at Rutgers University but later changed it to the University of Wisconsin–Madison on November 1, 2016.
- He opened his freshman year at Wisconsin in 2017. He made his football college debut against Utah State where he rushed for 87 yards over nine carries and a touchdown. After that, he played against Florida Atlantic, Nebraska, Purdue, Indiana, and Minnesota. With 1,977 rushing yards and 13 touchdowns, he finished his freshman season.
- Taylor then entered the 2018 season as a consensus preseason All-American and started off the season with 18 carries for 145 rushing yards and two rushing touchdowns in a 34–3 victory over Western Kentucky.
- During his 2019 junior season, he played against South Florida, Michigan, Nebraska, and more. On January 3, 2020, it was announced that Taylor would skip his senior season.
- After that, Jonathan ended his college career as fourth on the all-time FBS rushing-yards list, sixth all-time when bowl games are included, with 6,174 yards.
- Jonathan Taylor was selected in the second round of the 2020 NFL Draft with the 41st pick by the Indianapolis Colts. He made his NFL debut in Week 1 of the 2020 season against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- He had 26 attempts for 101 rushing yards and one rushing touchdown in the 28–11 victory against the Minnesota Vikings. He recorded 115 yards from scrimmage during the 31–27 win against Cincinnati Bengals in Week 6. In Week 13, he played against the Houston Texans and in Week 14, his game was against Las Vegas Raiders.
- Next, he played against Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 16 where he recorded two rushing touchdowns in the 28–24 loss. He then finished the regular season with 232 rushing attempts for 1,169 yards, and 11 touchdowns, with only one fumble.
- Jonathan was named the starting running back for the Colts to start the 2021 season. During the season, he played for the team against Houston Texans in Week 6, New York Jets in Week 9, Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 10, Buffalo Bills in Week 11, Houston Texans in Week 13, New England Patriots in Week 15, Arizona Cardinals and Las Vegas Raiders.
- He was selected to the 2022 Pro Bowl, after receiving the most votes in fan Pro Bowl voting. He ended the season with more than 500 yards ahead of the second-place rushing yards leader Nick Chubb.
- His first game in his 2022 season was against the Houston Texans in Week 1 where he had 31 carries for 161 rushing yards and a rushing touchdown in the 20–20 tie. Taylor then played against the Las Vegas Raiders in Week 10 where he had 22 carries for 147 rushing yards and one rushing touchdown in the 25–20 victory.
Jonathan Taylor Awards and Achievements
- First-team All-Pro (2021)
- Pro Bowl (2021)
- NFL rushing yards leader (2021)
- NFL rushing touchdowns leader (2021)
- PFWA All-Rookie Team (2020)
- Bert Bell Award (2021)
- FedEx Ground Player of the Year (2021)
- 2× Doak Walker Award (2018, 2019)
- 2× Unanimous All-American (2018, 2019)
- 2× Ameche–Dayne Running Back of the Year (2018, 2019)
- Big Ten Freshman of the Year (2017)
- AP Big Ten Newcomer of the Year (2017)
- 3× Consensus All-Big Ten (2017-2019)
- NCAA Freshman rushing record (1,977 Yards)
Who is Jonathan Taylor Dating?
Jonathan Taylor is currently dating his beautiful girlfriend, Ayanna Chapman. The duo has been together since their high school time. He is very open when it comes to his personal life and he often posts about his girlfriend on his Instagram profile. It was on 1st May 2016 that he posted their very first photo together in which the couple dressed casually and titled themselves a Promo Prince and Promo Princess. The lovebirds are enjoying their present life a lot and they are yet to get married. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Who is Jonathan Taylor's Girlfriend Ayanna Chapman?
Ayanna Chapman is currently in the sports field. She used to play hockey during high school time. She is the daughter of Eddie and Lydia Chapman. Right now, Jonathan's girlfriend, Ayanna is pursuing her bachelor's degree in political science at Ball State University.
What is Jonathan Taylor Salary?
The NFL footballer for Indianapolis Colts, Jonathan Taylor has an estimated net worth of $3.8 million as of 2022. His main source of wealth comes from his profession as an NFL footballer. As per sportrac, he signed a 4-year contract worth $7.8 million with Indianapolis in 2020. He is making an average salary of $1,957,288 at present from his current team.
Jonathan is also making a cool fortune from sponsorship and brand endorsement deals. In December 2021, he announced his partnership with Campbell's Chunky and Meijer Stores. His other sponsor includes Toppers Pizza which sells Pizza. Also, he has a partnership with the chocolate company named Snickers. He was involved in their marketing strategy $SnickersChain. He lives a lavish lifestyle right now and he also has lucrative branded cars with a huge mansion.
How tall is Jonathan Taylor?
Jonathan Taylor is a young footballer with an athletic and muscular body type. He stands at the tall height of 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m) and his well-maintained bodyweight consists of 103 KG or 226 lbs. His hair color is dark brown and he has a pair of brown eyes. He has got a healthy body with a charming smile.
Trivias About Jonathan Taylor You Need To Know.
- His playing position is running back.
- He played high school football at Salem High School and played college football at Wisconsin.
- He was selected in the second round of the 2020 NFL Draft with the 41st pick by the Indiana Colts.
- His zodiac sign is Capricorn.