Jordan Chiles - Bio, Net Worth, Family, Ethnicity, Age, Facts, Parents, Siblings, Height, Personal Life, Nationality, Wiki, College, Birthday, Awards
Jordan Chiles is an American artistic gymnast who is the 2018 Pacific Rim champion on the vault and the floor exercise and the 2018 Stuttgart World Cup bronze medalist in the all-around. In February 2021, Chiles became the first-ever women's all-around Winter Cup champion, taking the title ahead of silver and bronze medalists Shilese Jones and Emily Lee, respectively. She has been a member of the United States women's national gymnastics team since 2013, and she is set to represent the United States at the 2020 Summer Olympics. Jordan shares the same coaches as Simone-Cecile and Laurent Landi-and the two train together. At the Olympic Games Chiles performed the all-around during qualifications and helped the USA qualify to the team final in second place behind the athletes from Russia.
Jordan Chiles is having an off day for American Gymnasts
Chiles, 20, scored only a 12.866 on the bars and then ended the day with two falls on beam, one on an acrobatic series and another on her dismount. That left her behind the top two Americans at every event. She was the third-ranked all-arounder at the Olympic Trials, behind Simone Biles and Sunisa Lee. She is frequently missing out on major international competitions and almost quitting in 2018 because, she said, "I didn’t think the sport wanted me anymore." Back then, Chiles went from being left off the 2019 world championships team to doing so well in 2021 that she was pretty much a lock for Tokyo before the trials even started.
- Being an artistic gymnast.
- Becoming the first-ever women's all-around Winter Cup champion as of February 2021.
Where are Jordan Chiles's parents from?
Jordan Chiles was born with the real name of Jordan Lucella Elizabeth Chiles on April 15, 2001. She was named for American basketball player Michael Jordan. Her place of birth is Tualatin, Oregon, the USA. Whereas her hometown is in Vancouver, Washington where she spent her early childhood. At present, she is residing in Spring, Texas. She was born to her father, Timothy, and her mother, Gina Chiles. In July 2021, it was reported that her mother had been convicted of wire fraud, has reportedly stolen $1.2 million from clients over the course of four years, and was sentenced to 366 days in prison, as well as ordered to pay her clients restitution once released. Later, it was reported that her mother's sentence had been delayed by one month, to allow her to be present for her daughter's participation in the 2020 Summer Olympics. She is one of five children. Thus, she has four siblings named Jazmin, Jade, Tajmen, and Tyrust. Chiles is American by nationality and her ethnicity is Mixed. She follows Christianity religion and her Zodiac sign is Aries. As of 2021, she celebrated her 20th birthday.
About her education, Chiles committed to joining the gymnastics team at UCLA but deferred her enrollment until after the Olympic Games and the Gold Over America post-Olympic gymnastics tour. She plans to major in zoology and should graduate in 2024.
Jordan Chiles - USA Gymnastics
- Jordan Chiles made her elite debut at the 2013 American Classic. There, she successfully won the bronze medal.
- She finished eleventh in the all-around with a total score of 108.050 at the 2013 P&G National Championships and she finished sixth on vault.
- She was even selected to be a member of the Junior National Team and made her international debut at the 2014 City of Jesolo Trophy where she won a gold medal with the team finishing sixth in the all-around.
- She placed second on vault behind her teammate Bailie Key in the event finals.
- She won the all-around competition with a score of 57.350 at the 2014 Secret U.S. Classic.
- She also competed at the 2014 U.S. National Championships where she finished fourth in the all-around.
- She placed eighth in the all-around at the 2015 U.S. Classic.
- She finished fourth in the all-around and won the gold medal on the vault at the 2015 U.S. National Championships.
- She was selected for the junior national team again and then she competed at the 2016 International Gymnix in Montreal along with Emma Malabuyo, Gabby Perea, and Deanne Soza winning the gold medal in the junior team competition. She won the gold medal in the vault event final.
- Chiles also won the junior all-around title at the 2016 City of Jesolo Trophy. She won the gold medal on vault in the event finals.
- She finished fourth in the all-around and won the gold medal on vault at the 2016 U.S. Classic.
- In 2017, she made her senior debut at the American Classic finishing fourth in the uneven bars and fifth in the balance beam.
- She finished fifth in the all-around at the U.S. Classic.
- She then competed at the U.S. National Championships in August 2017 finishing in the second position in the all-around and fourth-place finish on the balance beam.
- Furthermore, she was selected as the non-traveling alternate for the World Championships in September.
- She made her senior international debut at the Stuttgart World Cup on 18th March 2018 placing third.
- Additionally, she was named to the team to compete at the Pacific Rim Championships on 8th April winning team gold as well as gold on vault and floor exercise and bronze on the balance beam.
- She competed at the National Championships in August 2018 finishing eleventh in the all-around and second on vault. She also placed tenth on uneven bars, fourteenth on balance beam, and twenty-first on floor exercise.
- After two months, she participated in the Worlds Team Selection Camp where she placed third on vault and seventh in the all-around and on balance beam, and sixth on uneven bars and floor exercise.
- Then, she signed her National Letter of Intent with UCLA, deferring until after the 2020 Olympics and initially planning to start in the 2020-2021 school year.
- Later, it was revealed that Jordan Chiles had switched gyms in June moving to Spring, Texas to train at World Champions Centre.
- She finished eleventh in the all-around with a score of 54.650 at the 2019 U.S. Classic in July.
- At the 2019 U.S. National Championships, she placed sixth in the all-around, seventh on uneven bars, placed twelfth on balance beam, and seventh on floor exercise.
- She competed at the 2019 World team selection camp in September where she placed eleventh with a score of 53.400.
- She did not compete at all during the 2020 season due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States.
- She became the first-ever women's all-around Winter Cup champion as of February 2021.
- As of May 2021, she placed second in the all-around at the U.S. Classic behind teammate Simone Biles.
- She placed third in the all-around at the U.S. National Gymnastics Championships as of June 2021.
- Moreover, she was named to the national team and selected to compete at the Olympic Trials. She finished third at the Olympics Trials and was named to the Olympic team alongside Biles, Lee, and Grace McCallum.
- She performed the all-around during qualifications and helped the USA qualify to the team final in second place behind the athletes from Russia at the Olympic Games. She struggled on both the uneven bars and balance beam and finished 40th.
Who is Jordan Chiles Dating?
Jordan Chiles is not married yet and as of today, she is possibly single. She has not been spotted dating anyone yet neither there is no news and rumors about her affairs with anyone at present. She must be giving priority to her gymnastic career right now. She is living her single life happily without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Jordan Chiles Net Worth?
The net worth of Jordan Chiles is estimated to have $2 Million as of 2021. She has bagged the hefty sum from her gymnastic career which is her main source of income. Her exact salary has not been revealed yet but there is no doubt Jordan earns a good salary throughout her career. Jordan also launched a company called Melanin Drip Clothing Co. It sells athleisure, including a hoodie that says, "I love my hair. It is my crown."
How tall is Jordan Chiles?
Jordan Chiles has a tall height of 5 ft 5 in or 1.65 m. Her body type is athletic. She has a bodyweight of around 55 Kg or 121 lbs. Her hair color is black and her eye color is dark brown. Her body measurement is 36-28-40 in. Back in November 2019, she had surgery on her wrist. Her shoe size is 6.5 US.
Trivias About Jordan Chiles You Need To Know.
- Her hometown is in Vancouver, Washington.
- She made her elite debut at the 2013 American Classic winning the bronze medal.
- She became the first ever women's all-around Winter Cup champion as of February 2021.
- Jordan also launched a company called Melanin Drip Clothing Co.
- Back in November 2019, she had surgery on her wrist.