Jordan Clarkson - Bio, Net Worth, Girlfriend, Age, Family, Height
Jordan Clarkson is a Filipino-American professional basketball player. He is currently playing for the Utah Jazz of the National Basketball Association (NBA). His playing position is Shooting guard / Point guard. He played college basketball for two seasons with Tulsa before transferring to Missouri. He was selected as the 46th overall pick in the 2014 NBA draft by the Washington Wizards on 26th June 2014. He was immediately traded to the Los Angeles Lakers. He was traded to the Cavaliers in 2018. In December 2019 he was traded to the Jazz and he is currently playing for the team.
What is Jordan Clarkson Known For?
- Jordan Clarkson is a basketball player who plays in the shooting guard/point guard position.
- He is known for being the player of the Utah Jazz.
What is Jordan Clarkson's Real Name?
Jordan Clarkson was born on June 7, 1992, in Tampa, Florida, USA. He was born with the real name of Jordan Taylor Clarkson. He is the son of Mike Clarkson (father), and Annette Davis (mother). He has a brother named Bear Clarkson. He holds American nationality and his ethnicity is multiracial. On his father’s side, he is of African American descent. Whereas, on his mother’s side, he has Filipino ancestry. Both his parents served in the United States Air Force and divorced when Clarkson was young, with Clarkson's father later remarrying Janie Clarkson. He moved to San Antonio, Texas around the age of six. Gemini is his zodiac sign and his religion is Christian.
Regarding his education, he went to Karen Wagner High School. On November 11, 2009, Clarkson signed a National Letter of Intent to play college basketball at the University of Tulsa. He then attended the University of Missouri from 2013 to 2014.
Jordan Clarkson's NBA Career
- During his freshman season at Tulsa, he was named to the 2011 Conference USA All-Freshman team after being named the Conference USA Freshman of the Week four times in 2010-2011.
- He was named to the All-Conference USA first team and the NABC All-District 11 team in his sophomore season.
- In May 2012, he transferred to Missouri from Tulsa and sat there in his 2012-2013 season because of NCAA transfer rules.
- He was redshirted during his junior season and was named to the 2014 All-SEC second team.
- On 31st March 2014, he declared for the NBA draft, foregoing his final year of college eligibility.
Los Angeles Lakers
- He was selected as the 46th overall pick in the 2014 NBA draft by the Washington Wizards on 26th June 2014.
- Next, he was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers on draft night for cash considerations
- Then, he joined the team for the 2014 NBA Summer League.
- He signed with the team, Los Angeles Lakers on 25th August 2014.
- For the season, he was named to the NBA All-Rookie First Team.
- On July 7, 2016, he re-signed with the Lakers on a four-year, $50 million contract.
- He made his season opener for the team on 26th October 2016 against Houston Rockets.
- On January 19, 2018, he set a new season high with 33 points in a 99–86 win over the Indiana Pacers.
Cleveland Cavaliers (2018–2019)
- He was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers on 8th February 2018.
- On February 13, 2019, he scored a career-high 42 points in a 148–139 triple-overtime loss to the Brooklyn Nets.
Utah Jazz (2019–present)
- Next, he was traded to the Utah Jazz on 24th December 2019.
- On November 21, 2020, he re-signed with the Jazz on a four-year, $52 million contract.
- He ended the 2020–21 season averaging a career-high 18.4 points per game and led the NBA with 203 three-pointers off the bench.
- On March 12, 2022, he scored a career-high 45 points on 15-for-21 shooting from the field in a 134–125 win against the Sacramento Kings.
Jordan Clarkson Awards and Achievements
- NBA Sixth Man of the Year (2021)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (2015)
- Second-team All-SEC (2014)
- First-team All-C-USA (2012)
- C-USA All-Freshman Team (2011)
How much is Jordan Clarkson's Net Worth?
Jordan Clarkson is an American professional basketball player who has a net worth of $25 million as of 2022. He signed a 4 year / $51,520,000 contract with the Utah Jazz, including $51,520,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $12,880,000. In 2022-23, Clarkson will earn a base salary of $13,340,000, while carrying a cap hit of $13,340,000 and a dead cap value of $13,340,000. His main source of welath comes from his basketball career and he is living a lavish lifestyle at present. He has appeared in a TV commercial for the Philippines-based telecommunications brand, Smart Bro. He is often seen in his Lamborghini Huracan worth about $300,000. He was also spotted riding Porche and Range Rover.
Who is Jordan Clarkson's Girlfriend?
Jordan Clarkson is currently dating his beautiful girlfriend, Maggie Lindemann. Maggie is a singer and songwriter. In August 2022, the duo started dating each other. They were seen at multiple events walking hand-in-hand together. The duo is enjoying their present life a lot and they are planning to get engaged and married soon. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Previously, he dated Chanel Iman in 2015, Chantel Jeffries in 2016, Kendall Jenner (2016-2017), and Bella Thorne (2017). His 2016 relationship with Ashlee Roberson produced a daughter named Callie. Clarkson’s daughter was born in April 2018. Callie features a lot on Jordan’s Instagram page.
How tall is Jordan Clarkson?
Jordan Clarkson has a tall height of 6 ft 5 in or 196 cm and his body weight consists of 88 kg or 194 lbs. He has black eyes and black hair. His shoe size is 12 (US). He has an athletic body type. His chest size is 43 in or 109 cm, his arms size is 14.5 in or 37 cm and his waist size is 33 in or 84 cm. He has inked a tattoo that says “Love” near his left eye and has another tattoo that features three skulls on his neck and jawline.
Trivias About Jordan Clarkson You Need To Know.
- He was named by his parents after the NBA legend Michael Jordan.
- In his freshman year at the University of Tulsa, he was included in the Conference USA Freshman of the Week on 4 occasions.
- He is a late bloomer and started playing for his school team in 7th or 8th grade.
- In the 2014 NBA draft, Clarkson was picked as the 46th overall pick by Washington Wizards.
- His playing position is Shooting guard / Point guard.