Jordan De Goey Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Contract, Girlfriend, Married, Parents, Family, Nationality, Age, Height, Wiki, Facts, Trade, Awards, News
Jordan De Goey is a professional Australian rules football player. He plays as a forward for the Australian Football League (AFL) team, Collingwood Football Club. He was drafted by Collingwood in the 2014 national draft. He was nominated for the Rising Star Award in 2015 and won the Gordon Coventry Awards as Collingwood's leading goalkicker in 2018.
However, the Collingwood midfielder De Goey has faced several legal charges for his involvement in several controversies. He has faced several suspensions and paid fines. More details about his career, stats, legal issues, and salary are discussed below.
What is Jordan De Goey Famous For?
- Popular AFL team Collingswood midfielder.
Where is Jordan De Goey From?
Jordan De Goey was born on 15 March 1996. He was born in Australia. He holds an Australian nationality. He was born to his father, Roger De Goey. Information about his mother and siblings is not available. He studied at St Kevin's College in Toorak, Melbourne. He belongs to white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity.
Jordan De Goey Career
- Jordan De Goey played his junior football with the Yarra Junior Football League club, Ashburton United Junior Football Club.
- He then played for Oakleigh Chargers in the TAC Cup.
- He scored three goals in the 2014 TAC Cup Grand Final, helping the club to claim the premiership.
- He played for Vic Metro in the 2014 AFL Under 18 Championships.
- The AFL club Collingwood drafted him with the 5th overall selection in the 2014 national draft.
- He was assigned 35 guernsey for his first season.
- He made his debut in the season opener against Brisbane Lions.
- He received a Rising Star nomination in round 20 after collecting 18 disposals, 12 tackles, and kicking a goal in a 21-point defeat against Sydney at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
- He broke his hand during an incident in a bar in St Kilda at the beginning of the 2017 season. He initially lied to the club stating that he injured it while playing with the dog. He later admitted that he lied and was suspended for three matches. He was also fined $5,000 and given 10 weeks of community service.
- Collingwood suspended him after being caught drunk driving in February 2018. He was fined $10,000 and required to pay further $10,000 to charity. He worked as a tradesman and with the Salvation Army during the suspension.
- He had a breakout 2018 season that earned him a contract extension with the club for two more years.
- He turned down multi-year, multi-million contract offers from North Melbourne and St Kilda.
- He kicked three goals in Collingwood's loss to West Coast in the Grand Final. He was named among the best players.
- The AFL Players Association selected him for the 22 Under 22 team.
- He became the leading goalkicker with 48 goals during the season and helped the team to win the Gordon Coventry Award.
- De Goey and another man were charged by Victoria Police with indecent assault in July 2020. The assault was alleged to have taken place with a woman in 2015. The charges against them were withdrawn by the prosecutors in August 2021.
- De Goey and another man were arrested at a nightclub in New York City in October 2021. He was charged with forcible touching of a 35-year-old woman and the assault of a 37-year-old man.
- Following the incident, he has been stood down indefinitely by Collingwood.
- They pleaded not guilty to those charges and are due to appear before the New York County Criminal Court in December 2021.
Who is Jordan De Goey Girlfriend?
Jordan De Goey is not married yet. The Collingwood midfielder is dating a girl named Hannah. Not much information about his dating and relationships is available.
How Tall is Jordan De Goey?
Jordan De Goey stands at the height of 1.91 m i.e. 6 feet and 3 inches tall. He has a body weight of 194 lbs i.e. 88 kg. He has an athletic body build. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Jordan De Goey Salary and Net Worth?
Jordan De Goey earns from his professional career as a professional rules football player. The AFL club, Collingwood drafted him fifth in the 2014 national draft. Since then, he has been playing for the same club. He receives a handsome salary from his contract with the club. He is reportedly paid $800,000 in salary per season. He has endorsement and sponsorship deals with Monstery Energy and Puma. His net worth is estimated at around $1 million.
Did You Know?
- His father was an under-19s player for Essendon.
- He was Collingwood's first pick in the 2014 national draft.