Facts About Jordan Peterson
|Celebrated Name||Jordan Peterson|
|Age||61 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Jordan Bernt Peterson|
|Profession||Professor , Psychologist , Author|
|Place Of Birth||Edmonton, Alberta|
|Famous For||Political and cultural commentator|
|High School||Fairview High School|
|College / University||Grande Prairie Regional College|
|University||University of Alberta, McGill University|
|Education||PhD in clinical psychology|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Source of Wealth||Teaching, book sales, YouTube revenue|
|Net Worth||$3 million|
Jordan Bernt Peterson, popularly known as Jordan Peterson is a Canadian clinical psychologist, author, and professor. Peterson gained widespread attention for his political and cultural views in the late 2010s. He teaches at the University of Toronto. He previously taught at Harvard University. As an author, he has published several best-selling books. He releases his lectures and debates on his YouTube channel as well as through his podcast. He is very active on social media and has over 1.7m million on Twitter. He also has over 1.7 million followers on Instagram.
What is Jordan Peterson Famous For?
- His political and cultural views in the late 2010s
Where is Jordan Peterson From?
Jordan Peterson was born on 12 June 1962. His birth name is Jordan Bernt Peterson. His birth place is in Edmonton, Alberta in Canada. He holds Canadian nationality. He belongs to white ethnicity and his zodiac sign is Gemini. His hometown is Fairview. He was born to a father, Walter Peterson, and a mother, Beverly Peterson. He has 2 younger siblings. He has Norwegian ancestry.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Fairview High School. After graduating from high school in 1979, he attended the Grande Prairie Regional College. He transferred to the University of Alberta. He graduated with a bachelor's degree in political science in 1982. He took a year off and visited Europe, where he studied the psychological origins of the Cold War: 20th-century European totalitarianism; and the works of Carl Jung, Friedrich Nietzsche, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, and Fyodor Dostoevsky. He returned to the University of Alberta, where he obtained a B.A. in psychology in 1984. He then attended McGill University, where he obtained his Ph.D. in clinical psychology in 1991.
Jordan Peterson Career
- Peterson's areas of study and research are in the fields of psychopharmacology, clinical, abnormal, neuro, personality, social, organizational, and industrial, religious, ideological, political, and creative psychology.
- He has authored or co-authored more than hundred academic papers.
- He has been cited over 8,000 times as of 2017.
- He joined Harvard University as an assistant professor in the psychology department. He taught and conducted research at Harvard University. He lived in Arlington, Massachusetts from July 1993 to June 1998.
- He studied aggression arising from drug and alcohol abuse during his time at Harvard. He supervised a number of conventional thesis proposals.
- He returned to Canada in July 1998.
- He became a full professor at the University of Toronto.
- In his clinical practice, he maintained seeing about 20 people a week.
- He put his clinical practice on hold in 2017.
- He temporarily stopped teaching as of 2018.
- He is active in social media and released a series of videos in September in which he criticized Bill C-16.
- He debated with Sam Harris in June and July in 2018.
- He debated Slavoj Zizek in Toronto in April 2019 over happiness under capitalism versus Marxism.
- He published his first book, Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief in 1999. He describes a comprehensive theory about how people construct meaning, form beliefs, and make narratives in the book. Peterson took 13 years to complete the book.
- His second book, 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos was published in January 2018. This book provides abstract ethical principles about life. He toured around the world to promote his book.
- His book topped best-selling lists in Canada, Australia, France, Germany, the US, and the UK.
- His third book, Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life is scheduled for publication in March 2021.
- He is working on a sequel to 12 Rules for Life.
- He started uploading his lectures on YouTube in 2013.
- His YouTube channel has over 3.2 million subscribers.
- He started The Jordan B. Peterson Podcast in December 2016.
Jordan Peterson Wife
Jordan Peterson is a married man. He is married to Tammy Roberts. The couple tied a knot to each other in 1989. The couple shares two children together, a daughter, Mikhaila, and a son, Julian.
He had a severe autoimmune reaction to food in 2016. He was prescribed clonazepam. He went on a strict diet consisting only of meat and some vegetables to control his severe depression and the effects of an autoimmune disorder. He continued eating beef but stopped eating vegetables in mid-2018. His wife was diagnosed with cancer, which increased his anxiety. His clonazepam dosage was increased in April 2019. Peterson flew with his daughter to Russia for treatment in January 2020, where he was diagnosed with pneumonia in both lungs. He was put into a medically induced coma for 8 days and spent four weeks in ICU. Peterson moved to Serbia for further treatment after months of treatment in Russia. He made his first public appearance in over a year in June 2020 on his daughter's podcast. His daughter announced in August 2020 that her father had contracted COVID-19 during his hospital stay in Serbia. In October, he informed via YouTube that he had returned home and assured his followers to resume his work soon.
Jordan Peterson Net Worth
Jordan Peterson is one of the reputed professors of psychology. Having gained widespread attention for his views on cultural and political issues, he has taught at several universities. As an author, he has also published best-selling books. Likewise, he also runs a YouTube channel that has over 3 million subscribers. He makes significant revenue from his YouTube as well as from his podcast. His net worth is estimated at $3 million at present.
Jordan Peterson Height
Jordan Peterson stands at a height of 1.87 m i.e. 6 feet and 1 inch tall. He has an average body build. He has faced several health issues but has maintained his body well. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is light brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
Trivias About Jordan Peterson You Need To Know.
- His father was a school teacher.
- His mother was a librarian at the Fairview campus of Grande Prairie Regional College.
- His middle name "Bernt" was named after his Norwegian great-grandfather.
- He remained as a post-doctoral fellow at McGill's Douglas Hospital until June 1993.
- At the age of 13, he was introduced to the writing of George Orwell, Aldous Huxley, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, and Ayn Rand by Sandy Notley.
- He has authored or co-authored more than a hundred academic papers.
- A 13-part TV miniseries based on Peterson's book, Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief, aired on TVOntario in 2004.
- Peterson defended engineer James Damore after he was fired from Google for writing Google's Ideological Echo Chamber.
- Peterson and his colleagues set up a for-profit company to provide and produce a writing therapy program with a series of online writing exercises in 2005.
- He has characterized himself politically as a "classic British liberal," and as a "traditionalist."
- His critiques of political correctness range over issues such as postmodernism, postmodern feminism, white privilege, cultural appropriation, and environmentalism.
- He claims that universities are largely responsible for a wave of political correctness that has appeared in North America and Europe.
- He began collecting Soviet-era paintings starting around 2000.
- In 2016, he became an honorary member of the extended family of Charles Joseph, a Kwakwakaʼwakw artist, and was given the name Alestalagie ('Great Seeker').
- A documentary film about Jordan Peterson titled The Rise of Jordan Peterson was released in 2019.