Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:16 am
Facts About Jose Pedraza
|Celebrated Name||Jose Pedraza|
|Age||34 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Jose Pedraza Gonzalez|
|Birth Name||Jose Pedraza Gonzalez|
|Place Of Birth||Caguas, Puerto Rico|
|Birth Nation||Puerto Rico|
|Source of Wealth||Boxing career|
|Net Worth||$4 million|
|Height||5 ft 8+1⁄2 in (174 cm)|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Facebook Twitter|
Jose Pedraza Gonzalez, excellently known as Jose Pedraza is a Puerto Rican professional boxer and former two-weight world champion. He is also known by the nickname, Sniper, and Goldo. He is well recognized for representing Puerto Rico, winning medals in multiple international competitions as an amateur. He is also ranked as the world's eighth best active super lightweight by BoxRec as of June 2021. Pedraza debuted in the Pan American Games Qualifier defeating Oscar Diaz of the Dominican Republic (13:6) on 4th February 2007. Jose made his lightweight and Top Rank debut at Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden on 17th March 2017, outpointing Jose Luis Rodriguez. Moreover, he fought Mikkel LesPierre on 2nd July 2020 and dominated his opponent, and dropped him twice en route to a convincing unanimous decision victory.
Jose Pedraza Famous For
- He is a Puerto Rican professional boxer.
- He represented Puerto Rico, winning medals in multiple international competitions.
Where is Jose Pedraza from?
Jose Pedraza opened his eyes for the very first time on 8th May 1989 in Caguas, Puerto Rico. He was born with the real name of Jose Pedraza Gonzalez in a Christian religious family. He is of Puerto Rican nationality and he came from Puerto Rican-white ethnic background. Jose celebrated his 33rd birthday in 2022 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Taurus. Thus, his race is white. He has not shared any details regarding his parents.
Jose Pedraza Career (Boxer)
- Jose Pedraza kicks off his boxing career by participating in the 2006 Copa La Romana where he secured the bronze medal with a 12:9 victory over V.Castillo of Ecuador and won the tournament's gold medal over localist boxer Jonathan Batista (10:5).
- He then debuted in the Pan American Games Qualifier defeating Oscar Diaz of the Dominican Republic (13:6) on 4th February 2007 and was qualified for the event by winning the bronze medal, losing (16:8) to localize Lisandro Bolivar in the semifinals.
- Jose entered the IX Torneo Jose "Cheo" Aponte, debuting with a victory over Shemuel Pagan of the United States and debuted winning (26:7) his preliminary over Jose Virula Lopez of Guatemala at the Pan American Games.
- As well, he won the tournament's bronze medal, losing (7:2) to localize Everton Lopes. Pedraza entered the 2007 World Amateur Boxing Championships but lost (25:17) his preliminary contest against Sadam A.
- Jose closed the year participating in a dual against France, losing (15:5) to Daouda Sow.
- He defended the lightweight national championship in January 2008, defeating Reynaldo Ojeda (20:11) in the finals of the Torneo Nacional Isaac Barrientos.
- He debuted with a 20:4 victory over Valentino Knowles of Bahamas at the American Olympic Qualifier and entered the second American Olympic Qualifier where he won the tournament's gold medal and qualified for the 2008 Summer Olympics by defeating Lopes in a rematch.
- He also debuted in the X Torneo Jose "Cheo" Aponte with a victory (19:8) over countryman Alberto Mercado and defeated Onur Sipal of Turkey by points, with scores of 10-3 in his first Olympic fight.
- Pedraza entered the 2008 Boxing World Cup, advancing to the semifinals with an 8:2 win over Georgian Popescu of Romania, and defended the lightweight national championship in the Torneo Nacional Isaac Barrientos in February 2008, defeating Reynaldo Cintron in the preliminaries, Erick Vidal in the quarterfinals (WO), Edgardo Rivera in the semifinals and Ken Alvarez in the final (10:3).
- He also won the silver medal, losing to Bernard Lebron in the finals by a hit score following a 16:16 tie after which he debuted by defeating Abdlay Anarbay of Kazakhstan (10:4) at the 2009 World Amateur Boxing Championships.
- Pedraza participated in the AIBA Presidents Cup, winning in his debut over Enkhzorig Zorigtbaatar in December 2009, and entered the XIII Torneo Jose "Cheo" Aponte, defeating Antonio Ortiz in the semifinals and Davila (5:0) in the final in May 2010.
- Jose participated in the 2010 Pan-American Championships in June 2010, debuting with a 14:1 victory over Joan Gonzalez of Venezuela.
- He participated in the 2010 Central American and Caribbean Games in July, debuting with a 22:7 victory over Angel Gutierrez of Mexico.
- Also, he participated in a dual against the United States defeating Duran Caferro, 16:3 on 3rd December 2010.
- Subsequently, on 3rd January 2011, his intention to become a professional was made public as his professional debut was scheduled for 18th February 2011. The opponent was Felix Rivera, who also debuted after compiling an amateur record of 68-5. Jose won the contest by technical knockout in the first round.
- He was included in a boxing card held prior to the Puerto Rican Day Parade on 10th June 2011 as well as he participated in his first titular match, challenging for the World Boxing Council's Super Featherweight Youth World Championship on 30th December.
- He won by technical knockout in the fifth round when the referee retired an injured Herbert Quartey from the contest.
- Jose captured the vacant International Boxing Federation junior lightweight world championship by defeating Russia's Andrey Klimov via unanimous decision on 13th June 2015 and successfully defended his championship twice, against Edner Cherry and Stephen Smith.
- He lost his IBF title to Gervonta Davis by seventh-round technical knockout on 14th January 2017.
- It was announced on 30th October 2017 that Pedraza was now being managed by Victory Sports and it was also announced that Pedraza would now campaign in the lightweight division.
- Top Rank announced they had signed Pedraza to a multi-fight promotional agreement on 2nd March 2017.
- He made his lightweight and Top Rank debut at Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden on 17th March 2017, outpointing Jose Luis Rodriguez.
- He knocked Raymundo Beltran down in the eleventh round and beat him by unanimous decision, with scores of 117-110, 117-110, and 115-112 on 25th August 2018, to win the WBO lightweight title and become a two-division world champion.
- His next fight was a unification bout on 8th December 2018, against WBA (Super) and "The Ring" lightweight champion Vasiliy Lomachenko. Badly, he lost by unanimous decision, with scores of 117-109, 117-109, and 119-107.
- Josefought Antonio Lozada Jr, who was ranked #13 by the WBC at lightweight. Pedraza won the fight via a ninth-round TKO and he also fought Jose Zepeda. Zepeda was ranked #9 by the WBC.
- Pedraza fought Mikkel LesPierre. Pedraza dominated his opponent and dropped him twice en route to a convincing unanimous decision victory on 2nd July 2020.
Who is Jose Pedraza's Wife?
Jose Pedraza is a married man but details about his wife have not been revealed yet. There is not much about his private life and partner as he always maintains a distance in his personal life and media. However, looking at his social media, it seems that he is also the father of three children. He also posts beautiful pictures of his family on the internet. Concerning Jose's sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is Jose Pedraza's net worth?
Jose Pedraza is a versatile guy who has a net worth of $4 million as of 2022 whereas he also earns a fine amount of salary which is around thousands of dollars per year. In his short professional time also, he has established himself an identity already and he's also superbly ambitious and continues to work even harder to reach his set objectives. Jose has the access to all the world's luxury and comfort. His major source of income is his boxing career and he is sincere in his work.
How tall is Jose Pedraza?
Jose Pedraza is 5 ft 8+1⁄2 in (174 cm) tall and his body weighs around 139.8 pounds. He has a bald head and dark brown eyes color. His ethical background is probably one of the reasons for his bold and extremely attractive personality. Additionally, his body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Jose Pedraza You Need To Know.
- He held the IBO super featherweight title in 2014.
- As of June 2021, he is ranked as the world's eighth best active super lightweight by BoxRec.
- Pedraza participated in the 2006 Copa La Romana.
- His intention to become a professional was made public on 3rd January 2011.
- As an amateur he represented Puerto Rico, winning medals in multiple international competitions.