Josh Dasilva - Bio, Net Worth, Family, Age, Facts, Career, Parents
Pelenda Joshua Tunga Dasilva is an English professional footballer who is excellently known as Josh Dasilva. He comes to light for playing as a midfielder for Premier League club Brentford. His football career started with Arsenal and joined the club's Hale End academy at the age of eight. He is a graduate of the Arsenal Hale End Academy and was capped by England at the youth level. He was also a part of the England U19 squad which won the 2017 UEFA European U19 Championship. Additionally, Josh returned fully fit for the 2022-2023 season and scored in each of his first two appearances of the regular season.
Josh Dasilva Famous For
- He is an English professional footballer.
- He plays as a midfielder for Premier League club Brentford.
Where is Josh Dasilva from?
Josh Dasilva took birth on 23rd October 1998 with the real name of Pelenda Joshua Tunga Dasilva in Ilford, England. He is British by nationality and mixed by ethnicity. Similarly, his religious belief is in the Christian religion and his race is black. Josh has celebrated his 23rd birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Scorpio. He has not shared any data regarding his family members.
Moving to Josh's education, he attended Beal High School in Redbridge, London.
Josh Dasilva's football career
- Josh Dasilva kicks off his football career with Arsenal and joined the club's Hale End academy at the age of eight where he signed his first professional contract in August 2015 and was an unused substitute for the first team on two occasions during 2016-2017 season.
- He was an unused substitute on seven occasions during the first half of the 2017-2018 season and made three appearances, all in EFL Cup matches.
- He then turned down a new contract during the 2018 off-season and was released on 30th June 2018.
- Dasilva joined Championship club Brentford on a four-year contract on 21st August 2018 and made his debut as a substitute for Josh McEachran late in a 2-0 win over Millwall on 3rd November 2018.
- He made sporadic substitute appearances in league matches and made two FA Cup starts and scored the first senior goal of his career in the return match versus Millwall on 19th April 2019. He finished the 2018-2019 season with 21 appearances and one goal.
- Subsequently, he broke into the starting lineup in early October 2019 and came into form after beginning the 2019-2020 season in a substitute role, scoring six goals in a 10-match spell.
- He had made 47 appearances and scored 10 goals by the time Brentford's season ended with defeat in the 2020 Championship play-off Final.
- He later signed a new four-year contract on 4th October 2020 and Josh's performance and goal in a 1-0 EFL Cup quarter-final victory over Premier League club Newcastle United on 22nd December was recognized with a place in the EFL Cup Team of the Round.
- He was sent off for the first time in his senior career after receiving a straight red card for a challenge on Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.
- As well, he has left off Brentford's 25-man Premier League squad for the first half of the 2021-2022 season and was named in the club's updated 25-man Premier League squad.
- On 5th February 2022, he made his first competitive appearance of the season as a substitute for Mads Roerslev after 72 minutes of a 4-1 FA Cup fourth-round defeat to Everton.
- Josh also played the remainder of the season in a substitute role and ended the campaign with 10 appearances.
- He returned fully fit for the 2022-2023 season and scored in each of his first two appearances of the regular season following off-season training with a personal coach alongside former Arsenal teammate Marcus McGuane
- Josh Dasilva was a part of the England U19 squad which won the 2017 UEFA European U19 Championship and made three appearances in the tournament.
- He was seen in each match of the U20 team's 2017-2018 Under 20 Elite League campaign and was a late inclusion in the squad for the 2019 Toulon Tournament.
- Also, he won five caps and scored one goal for England at the U21 level, all in 2021 UEFA European U21 Championship qualifying matches.
- Josh stated that he would be open to playing for Angola in February 2020.
Awards and Achievements
- UEFA European U19 Championship: 2017
- Brentford on 21/08/2018 From Arsenal U21
Is Josh Dasilva Dating Anyone?
Josh Dasilva is an unmarried guy. There is not much about his personal relation and girlfriend as he always maintains a distance in his private life and media. He's in fact got a lot going on for him career-wise, so probably he does not have much time left for relationships and all. Respecting his decision, it can be said that Dasilva is currently living a single life. Concerning his sexual orientation, he is straight.
Josh Dasilva Net Worth, Salary, Income
Josh Dasilva is merely twenty-three years of age and already is on the way to making a Big name in sports. He has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2022 whereas he has also a fine amount of salary which is around £213,200 per year. He has reached great heights in his career already and he still has a lot more to do. Josh's current market value is $11.0 million which is also the highest market value as of 10th March 2021. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
How tall is Josh Dasilva?
Josh Dasilva is 1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in) tall and his body weighs around 75 kg. He has good-looing short black hair and dark brown eyes color. His ethical background is probably one of the reasons for his bold and extremely attractive personality. Moreover, his body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Josh Dasilva You Need To Know.
- He began his career with Arsenal and joined the club's Hale End academy at the age of eight.
- He is a graduate of the Arsenal Hale End Academy.
- His shirt number is 10.
- Dasilva was a part of the England U19 squad which won the 2017 UEFA European U19 Championship.
- His zodiac sign is Scorpio.